Hello from a total newbie to investing.

gabeten

Recruit
I have never invested and want to learn. I never invested in stocks or mutual funds.

I'm a recent college grad (2005) with a major in Poli Sci and minor in Economics (I prefer Macro to Micro-economics). Real Estate, the stock market---just about everything is going to crash soon. Meanwhile, Forex and Commodities seems to be the way to go.

How do I get started learning? This is all totally new to me.

Are there any books I should read or is there any course I should take? I just sat through a presentation from Market Traders and they want $5995 for their course. I've been there and done that with Real Estate (Foreclosures) etc. and these courses unfortunately have proven to be a waste of money.

They lure you into paying for one class---then tell you that you really need more but it's going to cost you so much more...

Hi,

From one newbie to another, have a look at a few forex broker sites, and pick a few to try out demo accounts. Most do demo accounts that cost you nothing, so you can try out their software and forex trading in general.

I started with forexclub's expressFX for it's simplicity, but then found that I needed something more to get a feel for trends and how to analyze the market.

Good luck!

Back