1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you handle your losses?

Discussion in 'Beginners Bootcamp' started by Rambo35, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Rambo35

Rambo35 Corporal

Those who claim they never face a trading loss simply do not trade. A loss here and there is normal in every trading strategy and nothing is 100%. A trading loss should never break your account performance and dealing with a trading loss the proper way is a very important step or everyone who aspires to become a real trader.

There are different steps to take after a loss and I think one of the most important one is to step away for a bit and calm down if the loss has caused you to become emotional.

Once you have regained your composure sit down and analyze your loss, understand why you lost and learn how to reduce or eliminate what caused your loss. A loss is only bad if you refuse to learn from it.

maria_taylor likes this.
  2. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

I find that screaming, crying, and drinking heavily usually help.

3. vic84

vic84 Private

loss is learning process, if you learn from your losses you wont make make the same mistake again but a different one...:)

4. willforex

willforex Corporal

Agree, losses are part of the game. We can use money management to reduce our losses.

5. Rip Forex

Rip Forex Banned

I very rarely lose--I'd say about 1 out of every 50 trades--and then it is only less than 1/2 percent of my overall investment. These are just estimates, but I really can count on half a hand how many times I lost in a trade in the last 6 months.

6. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

More bragging without investor access to give proof.

7. Rip Forex

Rip Forex Banned

If you want proof, all you have to do is subscribe to my free newsletter. I don't guarantee proof every week, since some trades take weeks to complete. But I have given access on my website. Now, how I go about this method of profitability is going to cost people money, as this is a business about making money from money and is VERY valuable.

8. LoRio

LoRio Sergeant

Thats the cardinal sin right there.
    Worrying about newsletter fees means your equity curve is a valley.

9. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Calling SpamCat! We've got final proof that this guy is promoting his services in non-commercial areas of the forums.

10. mistersmith14

mistersmith14 Private

Learn from it.