"Instant Execution" vs "Market execution" on MT4 vs DD NDD

sun85

Private, 1st Class
Hi all,

I am confused with the execution type on MT4.
Some broker use "instant execution", some use "market execution"

In my opinion,
-if it is "instant execution" then indicates the broker (account type) is "market maker", and if the the broker is "market maker" , then it is Dealing Desk.

-If it is "market execution" then indicates the broker (account type) is "non market-maker either STP/ECN", and if it is not "market-maker", then is is Non Dealing Desk.

Is my understanding correct?

Not really, it had nothing to do with ECN/STP or Market maker.

When you place an instant execution order, the terminal sends the request to buy or sell at the current price on the screen. If the price is still available in the market, we execute the trade. If not, there will be a 'requote' where we return a new two-way price at which you can resubmit the order or have the option to cancel it.

A market execution order is one that’s executed at the best price available in the market. There are no requotes, but the price will not necessary be the one you saw on the screen when you placed the order (next available price).

Not really, it had nothing to do with ECN/STP or Market maker.

When you place an instant execution order, the terminal sends the request to buy or sell at the current price on the screen. If the price is still available in the market, we execute the trade. If not, there will be a 'requote' where we return a new two-way price at which you can resubmit the order or have the option to cancel it.

Have only Market execution at Hotforex. IMO, if you broker has Instant one - run, run away, it's pure market maker...

Back