Is Stop-Loss Triggered Before 15-50 pips normal?

pharaoh is right. also you need to use wider SL than that. otherwise you'll always get quickly stopped out.

finally, to answer your question, there is a broker where the spreads on most majors are (during London and NY) 0 pips or < 1 pip because the market is that liquid. outside of those hours, eur/usd remains < 1 pip, so does usd/jpy, gbp/usd, etc... other pairs maybe vary between 0.5 and 2 pips depending on whether they are a non-major cross.

broker's name is LMAX Exchange (UK) and RJO'Brien (UK), but you need 10K/USD and 50K/USD respectively to open an account.

First... I am a really beginner...

Second, is it normal for a stop-loss triggered 15-50 pips before your stop-loss price that you had set it?

View attachment 5130

*On attachment,
I set my stop loss at 1.31573 and triggered at 1.31558... I should make a profit again here but... it stops 15 pips earlier...

It happen almost all the time... I made a significant progress before and then, I begun to lose all the trade consecutively...

Third, my broker told me its because of the spread and since I "WAS" loyal to them, so they reimbursed 1/2 of the loss.

Forth, eventhough I am a beginner, but I dont trust them anymore...

Fifth. Sometimes, the moment I entered a position, the quote price will be 30-50 and sometimes even 100 pips different... For example, If I want to make a sell decision, it will be almost 30 pips before the price even reach the price (lower) that I intend to make a decision... I do understand because of the spread, but is it 30 pips is normal for a spread? If I want to make a buy decision, it will be almost 30-50 pips above the price...

Sixth. English isnt my language. So sorry. *Is it normal these things happen?

Back