• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Just looking for 20 / 30 pips a day

I can clarify my position on email and the address itself will tell you much of what you need to know.

Thanks for steering me straight earlier, I clearly started this the wrong way.

Can I trade = Yes!

Can I use the web forums that others frequent = Not with any skill!

I know there is an answer to my problem.
I don't want to sit in front of newswires for 10 hours a day, making sure I am ahead of the game so to speak.

An ideal scenario is a software package or human advisor/s that deliver a "heads up" on a low risk 20/30 pip movement from an entry point that is not difficult to attain.

When considering this, how would you advise me to proceed?

I didn’t read through the entire thread, but I think I got the gist of what’s being asked here and wanted to give my two cents worth. I think its great to have a dream regardless of how unattainable it might seem currently, and to pursue that dream until you succeed or fail but in the process learn more about life and yourself regardless of the outcome. Such is the case with forex for me.

The short answer to your original question of how to either make $10,000 a week or a 20 to 30 pip profit on a low risk high probability trade who's entry is easily attained is that you should stick to the basics. Weekly pivots, support/resistance including trendlines, the use of higher timeframes all go a really long way towards minimizing the amount of time you must spend actually reading charts and maximizing the probability of accurate technical analysis. It also fades out the effects of fundamental influences like the news events you mentioned not wanting to have to monitor 24/7. I personally love this aspect, but can relate to the contempt that others feel towards it as it is a very fickle thing (to use an out-dated term).

The impression that I get from the few posts I read was that you are looking for an easy, low maintenance system that will bring you a predictable source of income. That sort of thing is truly an illusion. I would stay away from software and EA’s because they are simply gimmicks. No robot can out perform a well-disciplined, intelligent human being in a market controlled by human emotion. It may come close some months, but in the long run it’s a payday for the developers and a disappointment for the slackers who bought it (in my humble opinion). What I am saying is there is going to have to be a trade-off between the two, but forex certainly offers the most freedom while still producing an income that I have ever found.

Hi Forexwatchman,

I have plenty of friends in the industry, most of whom will be happy to give am IRREGULAR heads up!

But it's easy to get sucked back in, especially when I know that a few hours in front of a newswire, will deliver what others aspire to.

I am willing to put sizeable positions on, allowing me to go for the return I require, but it's finding the best way to do that, whilst still conserving the precious time and clear head, for the dream I want to pursue.

I am caught in the ultimate catch 22.
I still love trading, whether it's fx, equities, commodities or bonds, but if I don't pursue this dream now, I fear it will never happen.

Cowmadagan made a suggestion in relation to information supply, for a percentage of the profit.
I actually like this idea. Especially if I can get a couple of traders on board, who, on a daily basis, give me there heads up for the safest 20/30 pips they can see coming up.

The chaps I trade with are far too busy to agree to such a thing, and if they did, it wouldn't last.

The quest continues, all advice welcome.

I need the time to write, but I still have to build the cash for later life.
We are in an idustry that will allow that to happen, as long as the information flow remains consistent.

Now that is a request to be filled.
The one that asks understands the risk/reward and what is being asked is not megalomono
Yes it is possible.
Yes is being donne as i write.
But it as a cost .

As a Newbie, reading “Sunshine Everyday” posts and desire makes by tongue hang out in anticipation of the existence of such a reliable system that can auto trade and makes regular usd10k per week.

But that got me thinking that perhaps, assuming we have the money and is willing to “risk” usd100k, can’t we wait for a fast moving tradable item, like Gold, to go to 1261 level and then place “Sell” order of 4 individual trades (4 individual trades representing quarterly year) of 10 lots each.
"Take Profits" (TP) are than set at different level with the lowest/last one at near 1085.
Than we just sit back and wait for our pre-set TP level to be triggered. : )) https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back