Ponzi Scheme Managed Account Question - Courtenay House Trading Group

Guaranteed profits become guaranteed losses.
Do you have any positive news? I am also one of the idiots who has money invested with them :(

The news I have is the same as you. I believe it is only a matter of time. We have the stand by and believe everything will be fine.
When a company gets big these things happen.
I do believe or hope that the capital is there and it will be returned. Now it is just a waiting game.

Can't you read or something?

The Supreme Court determined that there was sufficient evidence to make the interim orders based on ASIC's concerns, which include:

• Courtenay House Trading Group has been carrying on an unregistered managed investment scheme and that other parties have been involved in that conduct;
  • Courtenay House Trading Group and Courtenay House have been providing unlicensed financial services; and
  • Courtenay House Trading Group and Courtenay House have dealt with investor funds in a manner inconsistent with the conduct of a managed investment scheme.

• Nothing good will come of this

I located a judgment against them made by the NSW Supreme Court on April 21: https://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/58fdb3bae4b0e71e17f58fca

As far as getting funds back, anything we say would all be speculation before September 4, which is the date ASIC's trial against Courtenay House is set for. According to the information posted on the ASIC website, Courtenay House has up to $25 million in funds which are currently frozen. This should all be returned to clients once the trial starts, plus anything additional which would be covered by the supposed insurance which may or may not be legitimate.

Can't you read or something?

The Supreme Court determined that there was sufficient evidence to make the interim orders based on ASIC's concerns, which include:

• Courtenay House Trading Group has been carrying on an unregistered managed investment scheme and that other parties have been involved in that conduct;
  • Courtenay House Trading Group and Courtenay House have been providing unlicensed financial services; and
  • Courtenay House Trading Group and Courtenay House have dealt with investor funds in a manner inconsistent with the conduct of a managed investment scheme.

• Nothing good will come of this
That does not say that I will not see any of my money.

They are still in communication with all their clients and have been advising us what has happened. Even 5 mins ago where I sent an email and received a response. If it was Ponzi they would have just fled. Yes "Toldyouso" I have grave concerns and would be surprised if we see our capital again, but maybe just don't "tell us so" - you don't kick someone while they are down.

Not kicking anyone mate, its truly gutting to see people lose money.

The point is, and it has been said here before, if it looks and sounds too good to be true then it is. How can it be credible to offer up to 7.5% per month! returns, no losses ever. I've been telling people I know who are involved in this until I'm blue in the face that it is a scam and will end in tears but greed has gotten the better of them. Absolutely zero research being done. There were so many flags, guaranteed returns, no losses in FX markets which as far as I know is unheard of, refusal to show trading history or live trades etc.

I truly hope you get your money back and are wiser for it.

Guys just wait and see what happens, asic have frozen around 25 million from there banks accounts plus about 3 other companies which were owned by the directors until this situation is resolved, worse case situation is they will appoint a liquidator and award client's those funds, it may not be your full capital but it should be partial atleast in that scenario the biggest questions regarding this is how much money did they actually have under management we will not find out until asic investigates /court date until than there is too much uncertainty what this company was actually doing with the money or if they were even trading at all- this is probably the best news you will get as an client regarding this

personally i was looking deep into them because i was not comfortable investing with them as they seem very dubious but legit at the same time and this happened before i could pull my funds out i was only a client for 5months and was looking to pull out.

wait until asic provides updates on the situation /until the court date no point speculating until the situation has been investigated and an resolution give by asic, hopefully situation will resolve in September and the court date dosent get pushed back with an new order

you have to remember there is people who transfered them $50k + for the brexit trading offer ( there 1month special trading offer) with approx 15-20% return for a month are the ones who have this the shittiest plus they most likely had 6 figure capital just before funds got frozen, so the people who did that did not even see a cent of a return and stuck without there capital.

to all the other clients of the company posting on this thread, out of curiosity how deep are you invested with them and what returns were you getting from them? i was minimum invested with them in the 1.5% only

and yes if people can keep posts positive in an way everyone involved is very stressed and feeling like **** last thing anyone need is someone making the feel even worse, theres alot of honest people who put in money in this company that did not deserve to be ripped off, i am sure people will have learnt an important life experience/lesson when this situation is finally resolved.

i hope the best for all people who have money involved and this incident hasen't left you financially crippled as there is people out there who invested beyond there means or relied on the income to support themself.

if any clients wanna chat about this shoot me an pm with skype/mobile if you wanna talk about this

all the best to everyone.

I have quite some money invested with Courtenay House and heard about this forum from someone else invested as well. I have spoken to one of the people that work there and have assured me there is nothing to worry about. At this point in time it seems as though everyone's capital is being held and not going anywhere, until the investigation is over. Courtenay House already have the ball rolling with the new license and things should be resolved soon. Absolute worst case scenario is that everyone gets there money back. I don't think speculating things on this site makes anyone feel any better about the situation, and most of it isn't true to begin with. I've seen the past performance charts myself, they were even given out at a seminar I was at once, and a few others who have asked for them have received them.

I have a lot of faith in them, and I trust that nothing bad has actually happened. I've even spoken to the insurance people, and they have ensured that insurance is in place. However, no one can make any claims unless an actual crime has been committed, however, this isn't the case, as no crimes have been committed.
I just wanted to come on here to try and calm some people down. If anything, instead of speculating, I would call Courtenay House and speak to them about it like I did and find out what's going on from them.

Back