MAXCFD SCAM

Rhonny

Recruit
Was researching this company and signed up to research it more, when I get a call from Kathleen Rivers, in UK who wishes to help me sign up and get my deposit in. I was already wary, because the 'What sex are you"? was autofilled out as Male, with no option to alter and I thought this is a sign of scam. Anyway, back to the phone call. I received the call so instantaneously and from far-away UK, I thought maybe they were legit... So I too, proceeded to move money and deposited $250 USD into the Maxcfd account. I was then informed while Kathleen was on the phone with me, (She waited on phone, while I did my money moving and deposit) that a broker would contact me asap. Ok. Say goodbye to Kathleen and wait. I then get a call from John Burnet, married father of two boys, in his 30's blah blah and I'm thinking this is beginning to give me warning bells. He talked to me for the next 30+ minutes explaining how he is going to mentor me through trading. Since I have got off the phone and further researched the company and found all these bad reviews, boy did I get hoodwinked. I have emailed them immediately and will await reply. Is there anything I can do to ensure a refund? Thank you

Update: Just received an email after emailing them twice. In second email, I put in that I had started a thread on here and that I am in contact with ASIC. I will wait and see.
Account number for MaxCFD: 210991

Dear Rhonda,
A request for support has been created and assigned #002162.

A representative will follow-up with you as soon as possible by phone or by mail.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

MAXCFD Support Department.

Update: Just received an email after emailing them twice. In second email, I put in that I had started a thread on here and that I am in contact with ASIC. I will wait and see.
Account number for MaxCFD: 210991

Dear Rhonda,
A request for support has been created and assigned #002162.

A representative will follow-up with you as soon as possible by phone or by mail.

Thank you for your patience.

Best Regards,

MAXCFD Support Department.
Partial good news, lets see and dont forget to update us when you got your funds.

Yes this is the same thing that happened to me you will be strung alomg always being told someone will get back to you and they never do. Total scam these people should be locked up.

Invite them to this thread. I would make withdrawal request immediately if you have not done so. If it was via credit card, you might be able to do a chargeback.

Is MaxCFD in Australia? Was wondering what ASIC has to do with this.

Do also file a Traders Court Case

Invite them to this thread. I would make withdrawal request immediately if you have not done so. If it was via credit card, you might be able to do a chargeback.

Is MaxCFD in Australia? Was wondering what ASIC has to do with this.

Do also file a Traders Court Case
Thank you 4evermat for posting. I have invited them to this thread and have made a withdrawal request and am filling out the paperwork re: the charge back even though it was straight from my savings and not cc.
No, MaxCFD is not in Australia. ASIC advises this company could be involved in a scam. Do not deal with this business as it is unlicensed in Australia.

Thank you 4evermat for posting. I have invited them to this thread and have made a withdrawal request and am filling out the paperwork re: the charge back even though it was straight from my savings and not cc.
No, MaxCFD is not in Australia. ASIC advises this company could be involved in a scam. Do not deal with this business as it is unlicensed in Australia.

Did you file an FPA Traders Court Case (separate thread from the scam alert)

I am very happy to say, I have been refunded my $250 USD and it is in my bank account. I really believe FPA is the reason I got such a rapid response and a successful result. THANK YOU SO MUCH FXMASTER, 4evermat and FPA, for all your help, fast response, guidance and advice. You guys ROCK! : )

Back