• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss MillionDollarPips.com (William Morrison)

General discussions of a financial company
Ok. It's working now.
I use SmartTradeFX bcos the DEMO has the same conditions as LIVE a/cs.
Has ECN but no FIFO as it is not based in USA.
Only a few brokers have the same criteria on the net?
-DEMO=LIVE
-ECN
-non FIFO

Not trading

Ok. It's working now.
I use SmartTradeFX bcos the DEMO has the same conditions as LIVE a/cs.
Has ECN but no FIFO as it is not based in USA.
Only a few brokers have the same criteria on the net?
-DEMO=LIVE
-ECN
-non FIFO

How is it working now?
I've had mine running for two days with no trades.
I have a Hot Forex currenex account.
Just for kicks, I just changed the FIFO to false.
Where did you see DEMO=LIVE?

MDP on GoMarkets

Hi Guys, Anyone using this EA on GoMarkets live account, I'd like to know your feedback specially during the last two weeks. Their server has been disconnecting all the time and giving latency issues, specially during news and high volatile times.. MDP is most effective in these times and since it works on 1M there's only a very thin line between a good profit day or a bad loss day!! I'm getting a little worried about going with GoMarket now with their recent issues..

Thanks in advance!

VPS?

Hi Guys, Anyone using this EA on GoMarkets live account, I'd like to know your feedback specially during the last two weeks. Their server has been disconnecting all the time and giving latency issues, specially during news and high volatile times.. MDP is most effective in these times and since it works on 1M there's only a very thin line between a good profit day or a bad loss day!! I'm getting a little worried about going with GoMarket now with their recent issues..

Thanks in advance!

Are you using a VPS, or do you live in that country? If your in the USA, you will want to use a vps like Mammoth. Latency will kill this EA. :D

How is it working now?
I've had mine running for two days with no trades.
I have a Hot Forex currenex account.
Just for kicks, I just changed the FIFO to false.
Where did you see DEMO=LIVE?

If you're using a US broker, probably you have to set FIFO=true.
That's why one should use a FIFO false broker, since this prevents
complex orders.
DEMO=LIVE
One of the last few points: 'Same conditions as live accounts'.
http://www.smarttradefx.com/about-us
Since it is HK there is no FIFO, but ECN is true.
Know any other brokers with the same conditions?

Last edited:
When you are using a demo, the orders are filled by the server and its hardly a way to test whether the EA really works and speed of execution into the market. On real acount, the order goes to the server then to the interbank market and back which takes longer. An ECN broker is essential for a scalper EA.

I find the EA works well providing that you have a vps close to the brokers server for low latency preferably averaging below 10ms round turn. The brokers server speed is also very important. I am presently using Pepperstone ECN razor account, with a vps in Sydney where their server is also located. I am getting good results, but expect better results when they migrate their servers to EquinixNY4 financial data centre in New Jersey in the next week or so. This is very close to the New York financial hub. You should consider getting a vps in NJ for best latency. The ultra fast optical fiber EquinixNY4 server and a vps nearby will provide this EA with the best possible environment to make good profits I believe. The price for a space at Equinix NY4 is prohibitive and is intended for banks and large financial institutions. You can do the next best thing by having a vps located nearby, ideally in Clifton NJ or Secaucus NJ if you use Pepperstone that is. My indicated latency on average will be 1.07ms with this arrangement, together with the Equinix server connection to the market in nanoseconds.

Last edited:
Back