Minimum investment

It depends on what your goal is. For instance, if your are looking to try out different strategies and currencies, then even a $100 account would do perfectly well. I know that some people prefer to use the demo account, but in my opinion, if after using the demo account for practice you feel that you still need more practice, then do not open another demo account, but rather a live account funded with a small amount that you are ready to lose bit by bit. This is because live trading is quite different from demo trading in several aspects, and you may need to learn this without risking a lot of money. make sure you trade using micro- lots and keep leverage low to afford yourself several trades.

Great post.

I think the minimum investment will depend on trader's decision and strategy to use because there is no fixed amount of capital to use for all conditions. It is possible to use as small as $5 in trading but it is safer to use investment which can hold about 500 pips (at least) in floating. I suggested if the capital could hold more than 100 pips so if you used lot size 0.1$ in each pips then you should prepare about $100 for safely trading

In overall sense, it is better we try to invest what we can afford to loose in this busines ands not what we can't afford to loose. If we can help ourselves to trade good, we will have a more better way to be profitable. Forex is risky and it is therefore good we learn to invest what we can afford.

I have started with $100 with trading lot of 0.01. Ideally I wanted to start with $1000 as this amount will give good chance to get some good bucks monthly if 10% profit is achieved, but I had not enough money saved for this purpose.

I have started with $100 with trading lot of 0.01. Ideally I wanted to start with $1000 as this amount will give good chance to get some good bucks monthly if 10% profit is achieved, but I had not enough money saved for this purpose.

A lot of people anxious get rich quick or having big profit in Forex. It takes years to success and you have a good start with small investment. Don't think about big profit with USD 100, but you can take it as education and to test your trading knowledge while saving more money. If you fail on USD 100, even with USD 1,000 account means you will burnt it. Of course if you trade successful with USD 100, you can do the same with USD 1,000.

My opinion is low trading knowledge is much dangerous from low trading balance. That’s way; I am busy now to improve my trading skilled by learning not arranging bug capital. Because, I am confident abound my success that I will be able to earn enough money from my knowledge power. Honestly, I want to depend on my trading knowledge not my balance.

My opinion is low trading knowledge is much dangerous from low trading balance. That’s way; I am busy now to improve my trading skilled by learning not arranging bug capital. Because, I am confident abound my success that I will be able to earn enough money from my knowledge power. Honestly, I want to depend on my trading knowledge not my balance.

Yes, you're right. Low knowledge and experience will be harmful in trading, it's more dangerous than low trading amount as capital because if you lack of knowledge then it can cause big loss in single transaction no matter how big your capital. But if you had good knowledge and experience then you could manage profit and loss in whole transactions although you used small amount of capital because there is proper money management which will manage your transaction so it won't happen to face loss which you can't afford to take.

100$ is very fair if you want to start trading in your real account for the first time. Below this will cause some stress on your money management aspect. If you can afford you can start with 300$ as well.

Back