• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OctaFX.com

General discussions of a financial company
ℹ️ Info ⭐ Reviews ❓FAQ
European CEO Awards Released: OctaFX Becomes Most Transparent Broker 2016

OZ4jsEw.jpg

OctaFX, the market-leading ECN/STP broker known for offering the lowest spreads in the industry, is pleased to announce that the company received the award for Most Transparent Broker 2016 from European CEO Magazine in Q1 2017.

OctaFX adds this industry award to its growing collection of accolades affirming its industry-leading trading conditions, transparency and customer service.

OctaFX boasts an increasingly loyal customer base, reflecting clients' trust in OctaFX to provide a reliable, convenient and secure service. OctaFX underpins its operating model with the belief that transparency creates a better trading environment, and 2016 Q4 results confirmed that customers are experiencing higher confidence levels and trading more frequently and for longer periods on OctaFX than ever before.

OctaFX promotes and delivers on transparency across the board, providing a comprehensive set of educational tools to enable all types of traders, whether beginners or more advanced, to get the most out of their trading experience.

European CEO Magazine is dedicated to recognising the most innovative and fair companies offering their services in the European market. Here is what their experts had to say about OctaFX: "With the use of modern technology, OctaFX has redefined the standards of forex trading, especially when it comes to providing clients in over 100 countries with clarity and convenience".

"This award epitomises all that we are, here at OctaFX" said an OctaFX spokesperson. "Our aim is to give our clients the best possible opportunity to grow their wealth. For our customers, what matters most is how transparent trading terms can ensure that their trading experience is as successful as possible. Winning this award shows our dedication to being at the forefront of all trading conditions."

4n4qUej.png

CHANGE IN TRADING CONDITIONS DUE TO FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

cicbstf.png

We’d like to inform our account holders that our marginal requirements will change on 24 April 2017 due to the presidential election in France. The following changes will apply from 00:00 EEST 24th April 2017 until 00:00 EEST 25th April 2017.

Leverage will be lowered to 1:200 on currency pairs, 1:50 on metals and crude oil and 1:10 on indices.

High volatility is expected after the announcement of the first round results, with gaps on trade opening. Please consider this information when planning your trading.

Be aware that further changes may be made depending on market volatility. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Get in touch with our Customer Support team if you have any questions.

OctaFX takes pride in offering its account holders a safe and stable trading environment. We’re taking these steps to help manage risk and ensure we maintain a service that puts our clients’ needs and satisfaction first.

Thanks for choosing OctaFX as your preferred forex broker!
4n4qUej.png

CHANGES IN TRADING SCHEDULE FOR UK AND EUROPE PUBLIC HOLIDAYS ON 1ST MAY 2017

EHwFI52.png

OctaFX would like to inform you of the changes in the trading schedule on 1st of May.

Monday 1 May, trading on FRA40, EUSTX50, GER30, ESP35, UK100 instruments is closed.

Remember that any trades that are open at the time trading closes will be rolled into the next day.

You can talk to our Customer Support team 24 hours a day, 5 days a week.

If any failures occur, please report them immediately to support@octafx.com

Y9PQQnD.png

CHANGE IN TRADING CONDITIONS DUE TO SECOND ROUND OF FRENCH PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

l95FxXd.png

We’d like to inform our account holders that our marginal requirements will change due to the second round of the presidential election in France. The following changes will apply from 00:01 EEST Friday 5 May 2017 until 23:59 EEST Monday 8 May 2017.

Leverage will be lowered to 1:200 on currency pairs, 1:50 on metals and crude oil and 1:10 on indices.

High volatility is expected with the announcement of the second round results, with price gaps on order opening. Please take this into account when planning your trading.

Be aware that further changes may be made depending on market volatility. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Get in touch with our Customer Support team if you have any questions.

OctaFX takes pride in offering its account holders a safe and stable trading environment. We’re taking these steps to help manage risk and ensure we maintain a service that puts our clients’ needs and satisfaction first.

Y9PQQnD.png

I have a question.
If I start a trade on Thursday May 4th and the trade is in progress May 5th 00:01, does the margin requirements for that trade change or is it only trades that start AFTER 00:01.

This can really sour a trade so I would like to know.

OCTAFX LAUNCHES DAILY MARKET FORECAST WEBINARS

wfV5U5M.png

OctaFX now delivers ready-made trading tips direct to your door, every weekday morning.

We’re excited to announce the launch of our brand new Daily Market Forecast webinars, covering the most relevant news about global events and economic releases, chart patterns, the hottest technical analysis and new trading ideas for major pairs. You’ll also learn how to use the AutoChartist plugin to identify actionable trading opportunities.

Dan Blystone, Market Strategy Expert, will host this series of daily webinars. Dan worked in the futures industry in Chicago as a floor clerk, trader and broker. Dan’s also contributed to FXStreet.com.

OctaFX is committed to providing customers with meaningful trading insights, education, risk parameters and explaining trading ideas, on a daily basis. We invite everyone to register and join these webinars to energise your trading strategy and start the European session with fresh trading insights every day.

The Autochartist plugin provides chart patterns and trends enabling traders to make informed trading decisions and achieve a higher percentage of profitable trades. If you'd like to know more about Autochartist, get in touch with our Customer Support team.

We also welcome your feedback. Get in touch with info@octafx.comand tell us which topics you want to see in these webinars.

Register today, move to the next level in your trading tomorrow!
Dcao5Id.png

OCTAFX CHAMPION DEMO CONTEST, ROUND 63: INDICATORS OF SUCCESS​

EcRPimQ.png

Round 63 of the OctaFX Champion Demo Contest is complete. Congratulations to four more traders who shared the prize fund of 1000 USD this month!

1st place with the award of 500 USD goes to Boery Waluyo from Indonesia
2nd place
with the award of 300 USD goes to Giana Winda Putri from Indonesia
3rd place
with the award of 100 USD goes to Tan Wai Chew from Malaysia
The last runner in the contest, Seregey Kuchmenko from Uzbekistan is granted 100 USD

Patience, analysis and perseverance. Have you got what it takes to become a champion? May’s winners do. Read on to learn how they trade to succeed.

1ST PLACE: BOERY WALUYO FROM INDONESIA

I’m very happy to have won first place in this month’s OctaFX Champion Demo Contest and I’d love to take part in future contests after this success. My technique involved simple analysis to define whether the market was bullish or bearish before opening a trade. Once I’d placed a trade, I used the Fibonacci indicator to identify key levels of support and resistance. The Fibonacci level was my profit target. I tried to avoid the scalping technique and stick to my own analysis of technical movements in the market. As well as using the Fibonacci indicator, I also used EMA 34, EMA 5, EMA 7 and RSI (Relative Strength Index) indicators to understand the direction of the market.

All of my trades during the contest achieved profits - this was totally unexpected. I always calculate my profit based on the amount of points or pips that could be reached; in my opnion, the more pips we achieve, the better our trading strategy.

I can’t put a time on how long it takes to become a good trader because market conditions are so dynamic. The more a trader observes and understands market conditions, the better chance they have of becoming a good trader. I believe we can learn from each other in order to improve our individual trading strategies.

2ND PLACE: GIANA WINDA PUTRI FROM INDONESIA

It feels great to be one of this month’s winners! I really enjoyed taking part in the contest, but I only traded occasionally. It’s true that you don’t need to dedicate all of your time to trading in order to succeed! I’ll definitely participate in the next round in June.

My strategy is all about fundamental analysis and plenty of patience. I opened trades to coincide with important news releases and analysed the nature of the news stories due to be released each day according to the economic calendar. Using this technique I earned 250 pips as a result of a news release affecting NZD. I think you can expect to become a good trader after one year of continuous learning - that’s the part that requires dedication.

3RD PLACE: TAN WAI CHEW FROM MALAYSIA

I was so surprised when I found out I’d achieved 3rd place in this month’s OctaFX Champion Demo contest. I’ve been trading forex for over three years now but I don’t use a specific strategy, I rely on my experience and gut instinct. I use H4 charts because this is the most time-efficient technique for me. I don’t think I’m an outstanding trader, but I believe I have the right mentality (and perhaps some luck! I didn’t suffer any significant losses during the contest). In my opinion it takes at least a year to become a good trader, as long as you have the right attitude.

Back