• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss OlympTrade.com

General discussions of a financial company
Yeah, they work, at least on my favorite currency pairs EUR/USD and GBP/USD. People say they work on other assets too-) Don’t forget that you should draw crucial price levels on all time frames. Sorry, you shouldn’t draw them on all timeframes. Draw them on timeframes H4-Month. That would be enough. On the other hand, it makes sense to draw levels on small timeframes only if you are a scalper.

i’m not a scalper, i tried it but didn’t like. thanks for your advice. i guess i should use price levels colored differently for each timeframe.

I have tested several trading strategies based on technical indicators that you mentioned here. Olymp Trade’s educational articles helped a lot in terms of defining the most effective signals from indicators. However, I noticed that technicals might give false trading signals when some reports are published. Quotes just start jumping like crazy and price action can go in the opposite direction to the technical background. How do you think fundamental analysis can be applied to Fixed-Time Trading?

Once a month, I take advantage of the US Non-Farm Payrolls Report. This is the king of all economic reports, while the greenback is the king of currencies. The event usually creates strong trends in major currency pairs. Sometimes they can even last a couple of days in the same direction. But in most cases, sharp price action continues for several hours. So I just make the analysis of where the pair could go, and switch to a 5- or 15-minutes chart to keep opening fixed-time trades in the same direction. That’s like multiplying the profit thanks to large payouts in FTTs compared to Forex trading.

Knowing the price levels will help you to apply a breakthrough strategy. It’s also good for news trading as fundamentals might play a role of a trigger to launch a strong trend. And when the breakthrough happens, quotes usually keep going in the same direction for some time. Catch it.

earnings reports are nothing but gift for trading shares
everytime tesla or apple report the result, prices are soaring and i need to click the same button
pure joy

Well, I wouldn’t say that things are so easy. Fundamental analysis is a primary tool for any research. Technicals are important to spot important resistance and support levels. But the influence can be different. Sometimes it happens that both parts of the analysis came in line with the price action. However, I have also seen that prices try to find direction instead of following previous trends. Anyway, there should be a reasonable balance between these types of analysis, in my opinion.

i use a trading strategy called three screens
it’s been developed by mr.elder
the main idea is to watch three timeframes at the same time
if you find a signal on upper timeframe, you double-check it with the middle one
if it comes in line with the general direction, then you switch to the lowest one and start placing trades with fix time several times in a row

So you say that I can apply the same trading strategies for both Forex and FTT types of trading? It doesn't even matter whether they are based on technical or fundamental analysis, right?

Yeah, the basics are the same. I mean the way you analyse markets and make trading decisions to buy or sell the underlying asset. The only difference is in the fact that in FTTs you have to set an expiration time, while in Forex you need to exit the market in time to maximise profits.
The idea of switching from one time frame to another is not new, I should say. However, it’s effective. I also use it in Forex. But I think that the fundamental part of things is more powerful. If I see a divergence between fundamentals and technicals, I do not enter the market at all.

Back