Opteck scam

Make certain to speak to someone in the fraud department at the bank. Explain the issue in detail. Ask them how they'd like it if they deposited some money using a credit card and the broker then took more money without permission.

I also suggest you to contact Xforex and speak with them about it.

There are conclusive evidences that Opteck belongs to Xforex.

I am trying hard to take these people to task, but cannot, I feel that they are very happy in their cheating business and can get rid of any kind of complaints, when contacted them they said gone is gone, and asked me to invest again and they will invest in dollar to dollar and assured to help me in making profit. How dare they asked me to invest again is what I am still confused.

I have complained to Ontario Service Commission and got reply is pasted below.

Opteck.com is not now and has never been registered to deal or advise in securities. Nor has it ever been a reporting issuer in Ontario. On July 11, 2013 the OSC placed B.H.N.V. Online Ltd. doing business as Opteck.com on the OSC Warning List. The warning reads: B.H.N.V. Online Ltd. doing business as opteck.com and optaffiliates.com is not registered to engage in the business of (i) trading in securities or (ii) advising anyone with respect to investing in, buying or selling securities. The link is available at OSC | Investors - Investor Warnings - Warning List - B.H.N.V. Online Ltd. doing business as opteck.com and optaffiliates.com.

Even when the OSC Enforcement staff bring proceedings and breaches of Ontario securities law are proven, any sanctions imposed by the Commission do not generally order compensation to investors. If you want to obtain financial compensation, I suggest you consult with your own legal counsel who can advise you about any remedies that may be available to you through a civil action, since OSC staff may not provide legal advice or interpret the law for you.

On June 9th Broker John Harris called me, though I requested withdrawal he told me to that I can withdraw my remaining 1400 dollars after making profit and keep the remaining profit in account for trading, I told him I don't want to loose any more,I have to make my bill payments, he talked to me so confidently that I thought he has the right signal, he asked me to open trading platform and through teamviewer set 4 trades of 372 each for approx 60 minutes and lost all.
I had a similar experience with the same broker via teamviewer in May and lost a 5 figure sum. This was after I had requested a large withdrawal. This meant I was unable to make a withdrawal as he basically emptied my account! I am a novice trader and was relying on the guidance of an experienced broker, very foolishly now it seems. They were very clever the way they manipulated you on teamviewer, though I understand they are now not able to use this method due to being in the process of getting regulated. I felt that I wouldn't have a leg to stand on as ultimately I had been the one to click the invest button, even though the broker had set it up. I would urge caution when dealing with Opteck and refuse anything you are not comfortable with. I have since made a couple of substantial withdrawals without too much fuss (A large long term investment came up a couple of weeks later which filled my account again). I now do not trust any of the sweet talk they try to give and only do what I am comfortable with. Thankfully I did not have the credit card problem, which does sound to me like an unauthorised transaction. Good luck with your follow up.

Back