PFG Best (at making trader money disappear?)

Pfg best..........i lost my account.

I lost my entire account, in the thousands. When my mt4 program froze, I really didn't respond right away because I was with this firm for about four years with no problems. I took out eight grand last year and traded with the remainder of my account. A day later I noticed that my charts did not move at all not knowing they were bankrupt. So I placed many phone calls and no one answered nor id they respond to my emails. I captured the screen and compared it to another broker, same time frame and pair. THEY DID NOT MATCH AT ALL. Now I was really pissed off, who was at fault, still not knowing what happened at PFG. I will attempt to post them here and maybe one of you can tell which one is falsifying live data.

Attachments

• vantage.jpg
    vantage.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 14
  • pfg.jpg
    pfg.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 15
Nfa & cftc

CFTC and NFA seem like a huge, pointless, corrupt bureaucracy to me. What is their point if they can't prevent things like this from happening? Their most basic function should be to regulate that a broker cannot steel its clients' funds. This is a huge failure and makes their regulation seem like a sham.

I agree. These organizations are not on the ball, what good are they at protecting the public if they are going to be jonny come lately. I don't see why an insurance couldn't be addedd to every member of these organizations to protect the public. NFA IS OUT TO LUNCH.

More information about how PFG pulled this stunt is coming out.

It seems that PFG was using a tiny little auditing company located in the suburbs to verify their books.

It appears that documents that were supposed to go to the bank for verification instead went to a PO Box that wasn't the banks. Fake data was filled in and signatures were forged before the docs were returned to the regulators.

Another source told Reuters on Tuesday that Wasendorf went to great lengths to fabricate PFGBest's financials, saying he intercepted confidential regulatory documents that were mailed by the National Futures Association to what the industry self-regulatory group believed was U.S. Bank, the bank used by PFGBest.

Read more here: Exclusive: U.S. probing failed broker PFGBest's use of small auditor | Reuters

The nice thing about having a thread in Forex Articles is that it doesn't get buried as quickly under new issues as it would in the Scam Alerts folder.

More information about how PFG pulled this stunt is coming out.

It seems that PFG was using a tiny little auditing company located in the suburbs to verify their books.
big firm using a small auditing firm. does not make sense.

big firm using a small auditing firm. does not make sense.

"Unless your accounting firm is in on the fraud."
Please recognize in this time of twisting disasters, that integrety and size are not related.
I am an NFA registered CTA ID#:0278164 and small time money manager, who has utilized the same small, well-respected accounting firm for years without incident.

Integrity is more often found amongst those who have no outside pressures to obfuscate or misinform, than merely on the basis of size.
Remember Arthur Andersen; one of the Big 5 accounting firms was driven into bankruptcy by the malfeasance within Enron, just one of their myriad of clients, worldwide.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Andersen
Integrity is earned from the bottom-up, not conferred from the top-down.

Fraud can occur at any size and at any level, but I would expect a firm claiming to have over $200 million in client funds to at least hire an accounting company that has an office with more than a single employee.

Fraud can occur at any size and at any level, but I would expect a firm claiming to have over $200 million in client funds to at least hire an accounting company that has an office with more than a single employee.

Point well taken; but the underlying fraud here at PFG required "intent" on the part of the corrupt firm. Any and all accounting firms, big or small, generally hold themselves at "arms length" from "transactional responsiblity". Accountants continuously encounter inscrutible, contradictory, and obfuscated transactions executed by their clients. They know their clients as involved in complex business activities it may only dimly understand, and have no expertise in, desire, nor responsibility to understand. They are not hired to judge the quality or appropriateness of business desicions made by the management that hired them. The accountant is not there to be its client's critical auditer. Rather, it is always placed in the position of a subserviant bookkeeper, tax advisor/preparer and business strategist. This is just and right. The accounting firm is (and should only be) held responsible for verifiying the books are true, accurate, and balanced; that the client and vendor accounts are real, the business is paying its bills, its taxes, its employees, and their benefits; and it is accurately booking and collecting its payables and receivables.
As in the case of Enron and Arthur Andersen, this beast of an energy futures trading firm and its accountant were both huge entities, publicly listed and traded corporations. However, this proved no deterrent to intentional fraud and malfeasance on the part of Enron, without the knowng participation of Arthur Andersen. This fraud was made possible because through averice, the fraudsters at Enron had become supremely self-convinced they would never be held responsible for their actions. They possessed no scruples, and cared for no one but themselves.
Simultaneously, the arrogant acccounting firm held no true belief or concern that its own integrety and survival could ever be threatened by any errors or oversights it might commit in the process of certifying the financial statements of any one fat cat firm it was hired to represent. Even though they may have had no grand understanding of the overall effect the various off-balance sheet transactions they reported would have on the solvency of Enron as a whole, Arthur Andersen's reputation and thus it's own business viability were completely destroyed through actions from which it did not even profit.
Don't you think that if Arthur Andersen had knowledge of and a proper understanding of the true condition of its client Enron, it would not have dropped them like a hot potato before being sucked down by the actions of a single fraudulent client firm?? Face it, they were as clueless and overfed as the pension fund managers that bought and held the Enron stock.
PFG simply exploited the gaping wide hole in the competence of its regulators to perpetrate a fraud for as long as it could. I am certain even the individual perpetrator(s) driving the fraud himself couldn't really believe how easily, and for how long, he was able to extend the sham. He placed his head within his own noose, and just sat there laughing and crying for 20 years, awaiting the trap-door below to spring open.

This type of activity can only be found and prevented if the responsibility for integrety is placed directly in the chain of custody!
No accounting firm can (or should) ever be held to the standard of audit integrety, as it is just a hired paperwork gun; a tool of the firm's management, and shall always be subserviant to the firm itself. Management deserves the right to hire a friendly firm on its own behalf to help it structure it's tax and capital planning; to analyze and recommend stategies without fear, as a part of routine business. On he other hand, only the Custodial Bank thru its Federal Reverve Regulation, and the individual Securites firms' DSRO overseer should be held responsible for the integrety of its charges, and be held truly adequate to enforce and uphold the expected standards.
I submit again, it is the custodial and fiduciary firms that must be held financially responsible to their respective customers, exclusively through the chain of custody via the requirement to "know your customer". Trust can only be restored through the knowledge that oversight is being rigidly, insightfully, and instantaneously implemented by the Regulator, ultimatley held responsible to the taxpayer through it's Legal and yet to be expanded SIPC insurance structure.
Respectfully,
AI

Last edited:
Holding the banks responsible might not work in all cases. Not all brokers publicly state how much money they have in which banks. Asking the banks to chase down the websites, press releases, etc. of all large corporate clients to cross-check those with bank balances would place a large and potentially unnecessary burden on the banks. I want my bank to make sure it really has my money in case I withdraw it, not to have to worry about getting sued if I tell people lies about my account balance.

Instead, having NFA audits use direct electronic connections to banks to verify balances is what lead to the uncovering of this scam. As I understand it, Mr. Wasendorf's suicide attempt came the day after he was informed that the NFA would be directly connecting to the bank's computers. Once that policy is fully in place, fake PO boxes and forged statements won't work any more. Let's hope that this also becomes standard operating procedure for other regulators.

I see that the NFA also learned from that incident with FXDD not to believe that companies will automatically follow orders. The demand that profits be returned to some Alpari-US clients includes this: "Alpari must also provide verification to NFA that these refunds were paid to and received by customers."

There's still a looooong way for regulators to go, but the signs of improvement are there.

Back