• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ProfitableFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
What settings are people using for Cable Run 3.0?

I think the default settings the EA came with allows the EA to run 24 hours a day.

If Profitable FX is trying to sell you the verison that runs 24 hours then they stole it from hXXp://indo-investasi.com. Profitable FX sent me a statment from the 24hr verison and it had CR24htek in the comments. The EA is free to downlaod. The Cable Run 3.0 is to be traded from 21 GMT to 7 GMT. I skyped them and that is that they told me. Save your money and get the 24 hr verison for free.

PS. YES they do close some positions manually. They told me that.
PSS. The demo is from Cable Run 1.0 not the new 3.0.
Green

Last edited:
If Profitable FX is trying to sell you the verison that runs 24 hours then they stole it from hXXp://indo-investasi.com. Profitable FX sent me a statment from the 24hr verison and it had CR24htek in the comments. The EA is free to downlaod. The Cable Run 3.0 is to be traded from 21 GMT to 7 GMT. I skyped them and that is that they told me. Save your money and get the 24 hr verison for free.

PS. YES they do close some positions manually. They told me that.
PSS. The demo is from Cable Run 1.0 not the new 3.0.
Green

Wow! That is disturbing.
Ok, Found it. Indo Run.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am running Cable Run 3.0 in live account (start deposit of $2500) for 1 week now.

My settings are:

FirstLot: 0.07
IncLot: 0
PlaceTradeFrom: 21:00
PlaceTradeTo: 07:00
MinProfit: 10.5

I made an average $25 profit per day.

I also saw on Myfxbook website the Cable Run running all day long (but not every day).

I sent an email to profitableFx admin yesterday to know if it's possible to trade 24h/day.

Hello Hervet,
Are you continue using Cable Run?
Do you recommend it?
Thanks! I am a newbie,

thanks
Javier

I promised these guys FPA review after 4 weeks of trading.
6 weeks passed as a matter of fact. One idle - my broker effectively "disabled" scalping in the last week of 2010.

So I have 5 weeks history. This is actually very short period.
So why am I able to review it?

Because:

• - It proves results on both backtests and live forward test and ACROSS brokers. This is very rare.
  • - I understand the underlying concept and I'm happy to say it stays inline with the very specific way the Cable is traded by big players.
  • - It trades every day, every day in profit. In quiet and big days in troubled times. And if managed properly you can boost results while limiting dangers (the EA cares about "regular" loses but you can additionally protect against dangers of unexpected loss).

The last one implies you have to do something about it.
Yes, first of all read instructions and ask the guys about anything you don't understand. Make sure you really understand it.
That's the key.
This particular EA benefits from choppy and volatile Cable price action. It works best in sideways market. It also works in trending but choppy market.
It will loose in strong trends however. That's why it trades the Cable only - Cable rarely stays in strong, one way trends. If it does - shut the EA down.
You can see it trending on H4 and upper timeframes but when you go to M5 or 15 you can see completely different game. This is the game this EA plays.
By the way - it's time frame independent.

You also have to give it flexibility. The account size cannot be too small. They recommend $5000 and 0.1 lot minimal trade size (the best with 0.01 increments). If you want to trade say $500 you need to find proper broker. I found one. I started as low as $99.43. Now $144.13 but I must admit I push the EA to the limits - I don't recommend it to anyone. But if you leave it on defaults you should still get about 20% in that period. Please remember this is just a scalper - I use it as a side tool. Or supporting fire ;-)
However I do it on separate account. Don't mix it with your other trades - it will affect safety limits and may turn it into loser.

All in all it made me over 44% in five trading weeks. Not bad for a scalper :)
Moreover, the daily profits nicely repeat everyday - the "default" equity curve is almost linear (mine is parabolic but that's another story).
The trick is it doesn't look for profit in pips in a single trade. It looks for profit in money in all open trades.
This is something you must understand: it may win $25 and $10 in two trades but lose $20 in the third trade. You're still +$15 in profit. This is your profit target, not any single trade target.
But there is a lot more - you can let it go beyond Asia session. But then you have to take great care about market events.
You need to know how the Cable behaves ahead and after specific news. This is something for advanced users.
And of course you need to know how the EA works. It's not explained in the EA instructions but if you're smart observer you'll find it soon ;-)

The dark side of the EA is safety:

• - It trades without any hard stops. If EA/terminal/computer/network/power crashed the trades are left without any control. I'd suggest hot standby computer in some other location. VPS's are dirt cheap nowadays.
  • - It looks for fixed profit in money but risks much more. Actually it risks percentage of your account. 10% by default. This looks insane at the first glance: you look for $15 profit against $500 risk! It just works, however expect considerable in-trade drowdowns. One day may blow account if you don't switch it off in time - big days sometimes happen.
    Well, equity drawdowns may be unpleasant but you end a day in profit - again, this is just a stupid scalper. Don't blame it if you can do it better. Besides if you can, you don't need it :)
    Anyway you better care about it to avoid big setbacks. They rarely happen if ever if everything set properly but you shouldn't get overconfident. At least to the point where these 10% is less than your overall profit.
  • - It has some bugs and you have to control it to shoot stray pending orders from time to time. I check it twice a day at least.
  • - It works good on USD based accounts ONLY.

They're preparing newer version. I hope it will be more safe and faster on backtests. The current one is terribly slow. And hopefully better on Risk:Reward.

Now about the purchase: this one is a bit odd as they don't have that fancy web site with all the fake testimonials, all the bells and whistles.
And they don't do it trough any broker. This is the risk you have to consider.
However I made a deal with them - I asked if they're going to honor Money Back if the EA didn't work as expected. They agreed.
And now I'm happy to announce I don't need this extra protection - the EA works as expected and gave me a great deal of free time for my favorite swing trading :D

I'm attaching my account results (without details). Divide all money figures by 100 - they're expressed in US Cents.
Please remember I push it to the limits as I know where they are. This is my private challenge... Don't do it at home ;-)

Cable Run challenge.png
Sorry, I don't know how to make it bigger here...

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
you made an excellent review Teodor, thank you!

so my question is very simple: Do you recommend it?

thanks

J

you made an excellent review Teodor, thank you!

so my question is very simple: Do you recommend it?

thanks

J

Yes. I can recommend it.
Actually I wanted to post it in review section but I couldn't find it there.

This is the second working robot I saw within the last two years.
I tested about 30. 28 found place in my trash.
The first working one was Megadroid but the way it works makes it really hard to turn profits into real money. This one works much better.
But only if set properly. E.g. time settings - you have to translate it to match Asia session in your BROKER time. You not only have to know how to translate 21:00-08:00 GMT to the broker time but also if the broker flips DST in Spring and Fall. And adjust if necessary.

But I think it's for advanced users only. It's not Set&Forget.

Anyway try on demo first. Two weeks on demo should be enough to give you some experience with this particular EA.

Thanks Teodor!

However I am trying to figure out, why should we need to know how to translate timing zones? if the EA will be running all the 24 hours round?, markets are the same.

J

Thanks Teodor!

However I am trying to figure out, why should we need to know how to translate timing zones? if the EA will be running all the 24 hours round?, markets are the same.

J

It's not automatic 24 run.
Markets are not the same all the times. They work in intraday cycles.
You can trade Asian session safely. But outside it's not that simple - you have to avoid news affecting the pair. It's not only switch off xx minutes ahead, switch on xxx minutes after - you have to check the daily schedule and know what could cause Cable to go in almost straight 160 pips line right from the London Open. This is what you should avoid.
That's why they recommend Asia session and I can confirm it's very profitable during this time.

So far every day in profit :)

I know, the Indo Run has calendar reader. Plus a lot more of useless code.
Ok, the calendar reader is very good idea but this one is rather simple.
The calendar source, the reader and the way they interpret the events won't save it from big loss. While humans can.
The rest of stuff they've put in limits results and makes the whole code so slow it takes years to find right settings. 192 input settings...
But that's another story.

Back