• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ProfitableFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
Cable Run Settings

Dos any one here know what settings are used on the test displayed by FPA ?. I have requested the settings infomration to the vendor, but no answer yet

If using Version 2:
Step 17 pips, Firstlot 0.1, IncLot 0.0, MinProfit 15.0, PlaceTradeFrom (GMT 21), PlaceTradeTo (GMT 7). You need to change GMT to your broker server time.
I encourge you to look for exceptions in trading time in their trades. I did see a few exceptions back in the old days when trading time was probably manually determined (version 1?)

Need Help - Problem with Setting up my Cable Run

Hi,

I paid for this EA 2 days back.

I have downloaded the Cable Run ID Generator zip file and ran it from my VPS.

But I got the following error = Activation context generation failed for "C:\Data\Forex\Cable Run\ID generator.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I've sent email to profitablefx@aol.com and tried waiting the whole day for the online chat support to be available, but it seems that the online chat support is always offline.

Can anyone here help me out with my setup problem ?

Thanks,
Freeman

Backtesting

Hello All,

I've been playing around with backtesting Cable Run 3.0. I've had some great results with the following settings;
Min Profit = 19
Step = 25
Trading Time = 21:00 to 07:00
Everything else stock with a 0.05 first lot on a $1000 account (1:100) at Tadawul FX (GMT +1).

Profit from Jan 01, 2010 to Nov 11, 2010 is $1480 with 42% draw down.

Can anyone out there confirm these settings and results on their own backtest?

Last edited:
Hello All,

I've been playing around with backtesting Cable Run 3.0. I've had some great results with the following settings;
Min Profit = 19
Step = 25
Trading Time = 21:00 to 07:00
Everything else stock with a 0.05 first lot on a $1000 account (1:100) at Tadawul FX.

Profit from Jan 01, 2010 to Nov 11, 2010 is $1480 with 42% draw down.

Can anyone out there confirm these settings and results on their own backtest?
please if might send me statement ! I very intresting to see your performance ! thanks

42% dd is absolutely not great!

I completely agree. Nasty DD with this EA. I've been watching the results on the developers website. Last week the EA had 11 open trades at one time. If the GBP/USD takes a long run against you, the EA seems to keep opening trades waiting for a reversal.

As for the results I've been getting in backtest, if I start with an increased balance the DD is less (Duh! :))

For a $2k account DD is 24.61% with same profit.
For a $3k account DD is 17.47% with same profit.
For a $4k account DD is 13.54% with same profit.

I can't seem to attach an htm file otherwise I'd include the report. Is there a trick to posting backtest reports or am I missing something obvious?

Lubifier

Back