• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss ProfitableFx.com

General discussions of a financial company
Settings

I did a small back test for October using various settings. Trading more often will make more money for sure, but the risk will be higher. It is interesting to see that doubling the step to 34 results in similar profits as that from 17, but with less open positions at one time.

Hi Julian.

I purchased Cable Run v3 2 weeks ago and tried it in a demo account.
I tried settings given by profitableFX. 1 or 2 trades/session in average.
You seem to be well experienced with Cable Run. So what do you think is the best settings for a small account (about 2k$)?

Thanks in advance

Hi Julian.

I purchased Cable Run v3 2 weeks ago and tried it in a demo account.
I tried settings given by profitableFX. 1 or 2 trades/session in average.
You seem to be well experienced with Cable Run. So what do you think is the best settings for a small account (about 2k$)?

Thanks in advance

Lot size is the only setting that you need to be concerned about. The EA can get you into a large drawdown in a strong trend. If your account does not have enough leverage, they can liquidate your trades with a loss. Did you open a micro account (min lot 0.01)?
For a $5000, you can trade 0.1 lot. For $2000, you can trade 0.04 lot and set minprofit at 6. Just keep this ratio.

Version 3.0

Is anyone trading with version 3.0 ?
Are you happy with it ?
If I start trading at 24 GMT,instead of 21 GMT would it still be profitable ?

Thanks in advance

I'm choosing now among 2 EAs with the similar price. Here are so good reviews!! Can somebody provide my please with his forward results (screenshot, as example).
Thank you;)

I'm choosing now among 2 EAs with the similar price. Here are so good reviews!! Can somebody provide my please with his forward results (screenshot, as example).
Thank you;)

What is the other EA? I may have it and can give you a comparison. ForexPeaceArmy demo resutls are representative. I often check it with my live trading. They are very close, but not identical. I have Apari UK live and demo running the same EA and get slightly different resuts. This is due to data. The developer didn't hide the floating losses, which always closed with a profit later.
I told my wife if she threw me out of the house, just let me keep my Cable Run, nothing else.

Well

Lot size is the only setting that you need to be concerned about. The EA can get you into a large drawdown in a strong trend. If your account does not have enough leverage, they can liquidate your trades with a loss. Did you open a micro account (min lot 0.01)?
For a $5000, you can trade 0.1 lot. For $2000, you can trade 0.04 lot and set minprofit at 6. Just keep this ratio.

I started a demo account with $50k. I choose 0.1 lot. But i will try to use 0.04 lot as you mentioned and minprofit at 6 (for my futur $2k real account). Thanks for the info.
Did you change other parameters? like max percentage loss or step of 17? or any other?

If not, the only thing that you recommend is to keep the ratio. right?

Thanks for your help!

What is the other EA? I may have it and can give you a comparison. ForexPeaceArmy demo resutls are representative. I often check it with my live trading. They are very close, but not identical. I have Apari UK live and demo running the same EA and get slightly different resuts. This is due to data. The developer didn't hide the floating losses, which always closed with a profit later.
I told my wife if she threw me out of the house, just let me keep my Cable Run, nothing else.

Hello, Julian.
The other is Shark 6.0 (Forexeasystems are developers). I see there new release what looks impressive. And I see Cable Run results, that also looks real good.

But the thing is that forward testing from new Shark is still not available from users (only at their official website), so I wait for some reviews from people who already have 6.0.
Do you have any review about?
Thank you!

I started a demo account with $50k. I choose 0.1 lot. But i will try to use 0.04 lot as you mentioned and minprofit at 6 (for my futur $2k real account). Thanks for the info.
Did you change other parameters? like max percentage loss or step of 17? or any other?

If not, the only thing that you recommend is to keep the ratio. right?

Thanks for your help!

Right.
I am still using version 2. I am not sure I want to use "max percentage loss" in version 3. It is for safety. So, keep it 10% and hope it doesn't get hit.

Hello, Julian.
The other is Shark 6.0 (Forexeasystems are developers). I see there new release what looks impressive. And I see Cable Run results, that also looks real good.

But the thing is that forward testing from new Shark is still not available from users (only at their official website), so I wait for some reviews from people who already have 6.0.
Do you have any review about?
Thank you!

Vito,
Contact me. I can't comment on other EAs in this thread.
Yoiu can check user comments here https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public/review/www.forexeasystems.com?page=0

Last edited:
Back