1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singlemalt

Discussion in 'Hello and Welcome' started by Singlemalt, May 20, 2010.

1. Singlemalt

Singlemalt Private

I don't normally tell much about myself, but here goes:
    I have been trading forex for about a year now and I have learned just how little I know about this type of trading. In the early '80s I was a licensed stockbroker, but this is much quicker and the shortness of the trades is amazing. I think the most astonishing thing I discovered was a system I designed in 1982 is now used in Forex and it's called 'Bollinger Bands' I am not saying it's a copy, or anything of the sort. This version has been polished and researched a lot more than my system ever was, and besides, there is no reason two people cannot have the same idea independently
    Basically all I did was to find a low priced stock of a company that was going nowhere. I kept a one-year running average, and waited for the stock to move one standard deviation plus or minus. Then I would sell or buy. The present Bollinger band indicator uses, or can use, either one or two standard deviations. My system was 100% by hand with no computer.
    I am more than pleased that someone came up with the same concept.
    Validation is always pleasing.
    Singlemalt

2. geula4

geula4 forexforex3 rep

Hi Singlemalt

Welcome to the forum!
    I like your story about the Bands.

Happy Trading! :)

3. rs.quark

rs.quark Recruit

Good Day

I too am being expelled from a favorite broker by those rascals Dodd and Frank. I think I will go with Alpari (US) but am not totally sure. Who have you found for a broker?

I am a retired cop. I spent 30 years working in Detroit Michigan and retired in 2000. This is my second year playing with forex.