• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Skrill.com (Was MoneyBookers.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Here is how the scam works:
You can open Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill in matter of seconds.

You can deposit money to Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill from any source/broker with no problem. (so you think GOOD)

However, you can't withdraw your funds.

They will pretend that they are complying with an anti-laundering rules so they have legitimate excuse to keep asking for redundant documents over and over and over so you will never get your money.

Interestingly they do not care about any documents when you are depositing the money which is clear indication that they are SCAMMERS.

MONEY IN - NO MONEY OUT.

You should avoid any broker which is using Moneybookers a.k.a. Skrill because it is clear indication that the broker is SCAMMER too.:p

Doubt it, they're probably just asking for a procedure to be completed that you don't want to complete or are not used to. Skrill is a massive worldwide regulated money processor - maybe you prefer to go back to Liberty Reserve?

I have submitted 1 query regarding Fees issue before 1 week but I haven't heard back from them yet...

I got automated message from them as below

Thank you for contacting our help team.

We have created a ticket for you (#00XXXXXX) and aim to reply as soon as possible, but due to a significant increase in the volume of queries to our customer services centre we are experiencing a few delays.

We are working to fix this and you can always find help on https://help.skrill.com or give us a call if urgent.

Kind regards,
The Skrill Help Team

I don't know why do you guys here got issued with Skrill. I have used Skrill for both Forex and my online business and I got money normally, no issues happened. That's reason why I don't use Paypal any more.

Finally I came to know that there are f***ng lots of charges for traders at skrill. I wish that my broker add PayPal as a withdrawal option.

Finally I came to know that there are f***ng lots of charges for traders at skrill. I wish that my broker add PayPal as a withdrawal option.

Of course there are f***ng charges from MoneyBookers/Skrill....and PayPal, banks, credit cards, MoneyGram, money changers, any web purse providers, etc....and we get charged both ways: one for sending, and one for receiving.

They all provide the service to make a thing call "profit" which helps keep them in business....and continue to provide us consumers the service for our international monetary transactions, without which it will become rather inconvenient and hugely expensive to have to bring our money to the seller ourselves.

Yup, MoneyBookers/Skrill charges are a little high for some, but that's the price to pay for the conveniences....or look for another funding option.

I can see MoneyBooker charges a lot of fee than PP but I have compared the conversion rate, withdrawal processed time, MB is better than PP.

BS. You must be working for the MB. They are scammers. Check out their Facebook posts, 100 may be 1000s over the time complaints from people they scammed. They are also scammed a 140$ from me.
Also, what I notice is they are scamming mostly people with names of Asian, African and Mideast origin.
This way it is easier for them to get away, since these people can't drag them to courts like in the US.
Also they must definitely have their own people posting in this forum. One can see how some people try to save their ass with all kinds of BS. Skrill / MB (Money Hooker may be a better name) is another scam.
They are holding other peoples money and making profits like any other financial institute. Fkng cheats.

Have heard countless complaints about moneybookers, but usually it turned out that the "shady" one was actually the client and not the skrill/moneybookers.

They even helped to retrieve stolen account and money once, so I don't see how strict procedures to eliminate fraudulent activities are bad or scam.

Just my 2 cents to the thread.
BS. You must be working for the MB. They are scammers. Check out their Facebook posts, 100 may be 1000s over the time complaints from people they scammed. They are also scammed a 140$ from me.
Also, what I notice is they are scamming mostly people with names of Asian, African and Mideast origin.
This way it is easier for them to get away, since these people can't drag them to courts like in the US.
Also they must definitely have their own people posting in this forum. One can see how some people try to save their ass with all kinds of BS. Skrill / MB (Money Hooker may be a better name) is another scam.
They are holding other peoples money and making profits like any other financial institute. Fkng cheats.

yes exactly, I totally agree with you, I might have a soft spot for the guys from skrill coz they did help me with my account issue in the past and they where realy considerate so to say, but they also have to do what they have to do to make sure things do not go the wrong way, i mean regulations and restrictions are there to be followed.

Doubt it, they're probably just asking for a procedure to be completed that you don't want to complete or are not used to. Skrill is a massive worldwide regulated money processor - maybe you prefer to go back to Liberty Reserve?

Back