Test Drive Winsor's 5 Expert Advisors in Real Time

November 2010 Performance Report for Winsor’s Five Automated Trading Systems

November 15, 2010 Update

Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors since May 21, 2010 (6 months).

Haley = +576 pips (5.8%) with 377 trades trading GBPUSD
Jasmine = +7,012 pips (70.1%) with 553 trades trading EURUSD
Leah = +4,862 pips (48.6%) with 499 trades trading EURUSD
Mellisa = -1,932 pips (-19.3%) with 410 trades trading USDCHF
Sienna = -1,169 pips (-11.7%) with 719 trades trading EURUSD

If you haven’t downloaded my software, below is the link again. The installation takes 30 seconds. Feel free to forward the software to a friend.

http://www.ctsforex.com/trial_install/CTSFOREX_dot_COM.zip
1) Download the zip file onto your desktop
2) Unzip the file and follow the README text file.

How Quantitative Easing in the US Affects the Shanghai Stock Exchange

November 17, 2010 Update

The US Federal Reserve’s second round of quantitative easing (QE) has been causing some problems for China. On November 3, The Federal Reserve announced that it would purchase of $600 billion in Treasuries to keep interest rates low and boost economic growth. Keeping liquidity in the US economy is essential while it avoids another economic spiral. With quantitative easing, the Federal Reserve is attempting to weaken the dollar. This will make US goods more competitive vs. China and the rest of the world.

In order to maintain a competitive exchange with the US dollar, China would buy more US dollars and sell more yuan. In selling more yuan, China risks inflation, and also creates asset bubbles in property and stocks. How do you curve inflation? You raise the interest rate! That is exactly that China did, and it also threatens further hikes. Guess what happened to the Shanghai stock exchange when China raises its interest rate?

Low interest rates are good for business because they make it cheaper to borrow funds to invest in new projects. Consumers borrow more money as debt finance is more attractive. When you raise interest rates, the cost of borrowing is higher. Corporate earnings are lower because more of the profit goes toward paying off the accumulated interests. A lower corporate profit means a lower stock share price. As interest rates go up, investors can get higher rate of return from the bank deposits and government bonds without taking risks. As investors move money out of the stock market into bank deposits and government bonds, the stock price will go down even further. Now you understand why the Shanghai stock exchange has fallen on the fears of more interest rate raises.

On November 4, 2010 the EURUSD was as high as 1.4284. Today it is at 1.3543, a drop of 741 pips in two weeks. Can it go any lower? Yes, it can. If you are in EURUSD buy trades like Leah, remember to enter in your stop loss. Currently, Leah has 3 EURUSD buy trades with a maximum stop loss of 100 pips, see attached chart. Similar to playing chess, you must be two steps ahead of your opponent to defeat him. The first step is entering your stop loss, and the second step is entering your take profit. Now you just sit back and see how the market reacts.

LeahNov17.png

How to Reduce Your Daily Stress and to Increase Your Energy Level

November 18, 2010 Update

A quick update on Jasmine auto trading system, then I am off onto the elliptical trainer. It is important to get lots of exercise when you are trading. Here are some ideas for reducing stress and increasing your energy level.

1) Get a pet: a dog or a cat.
2) Enjoy a walk around the neighborhood.
3) Get a massage (my favorite).
4) Read a novel not another book about trading.
5) Play tennis, softball, volleyball and, etc.
6) Eat more greens and drink lots of water.
7) Practice deep breathing.
8) Go to a local coffee shop and get some social interaction.
9) Learn about transcendental meditation.
10) Understand that trading is extremely challenging, and it will take more than five years to master it.

Jasmine seems to have done no wrongs for the last six months. Its equity has gone up and up. Currently, its balance is at $17,146, and its equity is at $17,302 (70.3% ROI for the last six months). See attached chart. Remember that Jasmine's performance may not be replicated for 2011.

JasmineNov18.png

US Stocks Decline as FBI Widens Insider Trading Probe

November 22, 2010 Update

Goldman Sachs' shares tumbled following a weekend report that the FBI are looking at possible insider trading tied to the firm’s dealing in transactions. Last year, charges were brought against the Galleon Group. Many of those accused in the Galleon Group pleaded guilty and offered evidence against other people. Another three new raids also occurred this weekend at hedge funds Diamondback Capital Management, Level Global Investors and Loch Capital Management. You can read more at the BBC and CNN online.

I hated news releases for stocks. By the time, a company releases its latest news release, it is already old news for the insiders. I do believe that insiders have an advantage against outside investors. That is why I stopped trading stocks altogether. Let’s get back Forex trading. Jasmine has been doing the tango with the market. It took one step forward, one step back, two steps forward and one step back. Most manual traders can’t deal with the constant winning and giving back. They just want continuous winning trades without any losing trades. Most traders are irrational and will continue to behave this way because of greed. Most traders do not have the patient necessary to dance with the market; hence, the majority will fail.

Currently, Jasmine’s balance is at $16,698 with floating profit of $398. See attached chart. It will be awhile before Jasmine hits the $18,000 mark.

JasmineNov22.png

Special Announcement: CTSForex will stop the free trial of its five expert advisors on January 23, 2011.

Exactly two months from now, I will discontinue the free trial of my five expert advisors. Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors in real time since May 21, 2010 (6 months).

Haley = -193 pips (-1.93%) after 402 trades on GBPUSD
Jasmine = +7,801 pips (+78.0%) after 588 trades on EURUSD
Leah = +5,095 pips (+50.9%) after 527 trades on EURUSD
Mellisa = -1,625 pips (-16.25%) after 427 trades on USDCHF
Sienna = -1,393 pips (-13.9%) after 745 trades on EURUSD

This is a net profit of +9,856 pips trading on the three Majors after six months. The above results are taken on November 23, 2010.

If you haven’t downloaded my software, below is the link again. The installation takes 30 seconds. Feel free to forward and share the software with your friends. This is your last chance to follow my trades and create profit for yourself. Afterward, you will have to pay the monthly licensing fee in order to use the software.

Feel free to forward and share the software with your friends. The trial period will end on January 23, 2011.

Expert Advosirs

Winsor,
Are you going to charge for the whole package of EAs (and offer them as a package), or will it be possible to use (and pay for) just one EA of my choice? What is the amount that you have in mind?
Thanks

EAs

Winsor,
I would appreciate if you answer my questions below.
Second: you said earlier that the EAs open positions only on the hour (and hence no need for a sound signal when a postion is opened - just check the EAs every hour sharp). However, I see that Jasmine opened a buy EUR/USD position at 10:33 terminal time today at 1.33036. How's that? Did you open the position manually?
Thank you.

Winsor,
Are you going to charge for the whole package of EAs (and offer them as a package), or will it be possible to use (and pay for) just one EA of my choice? What is the amount that you have in mind?
Thanks

Sorry, I was away for vacation and just got back. The service is $33/month for account less than $2,500. If you open an account with Varengoldbank, MIGbank, Alpari UK, using us as the IB, you can get 2 trading systems for the price of one.

Winsor,
I would appreciate if you answer my questions below.
Second: you said earlier that the EAs open positions only on the hour (and hence no need for a sound signal when a postion is opened - just check the EAs every hour sharp). However, I see that Jasmine opened a buy EUR/USD position at 10:33 terminal time today at 1.33036. How's that? Did you open the position manually?
Thank you.
Hi,

All trades are opened by our expert advisors. From time to time, we reset our server to install the latest security patches. Whenever this happen, the EAs may open up the trade earlier. So instead of opening at 11:00, it opened at 10:33.

December 2010 Performance Report for Winsor’s Five Automated Trading Systems

December 2, 2010 Update

Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors since May 21, 2010 (6 months).

Haley = -1,221 pips (-12.2%) after 416 trades with GBPUSD
Jasmine = +6,485 pips (64.9%) after 617 trades with EURUSD
Leah = +4,038 pips (40.4%) after 548 trades with EURUSD
Mellisa = -2,177 pips (-21.8%) after 433 trades with USDCHF
Sienna = -1,393 pips (-13.9%) after 745 trades with EURUSD

If you haven’t downloaded my software, below is the link again. The installation takes 30 seconds. Feel free to forward the software to a friend.

Back