Test Drive Winsor's 5 Expert Advisors in Real Time

The Release of Gold Trading Expert Advisor

January 19, 2011 update.

Sorry for not keeping up with the forum posting as I have been extremely busy with new expert advisors development. I also had a chance to review my gold trading expert advisor which has been running and collecting live trades for more than seven months. The expert advisor has been doing well with 100% return on investment; however, I am very leery about release it. The price of gold has been going up; hence, will the strategy work when the price of gold drops? There also lack for 10-year trading data for gold and I was only able to develop the trading system based on four years of historical data. I will go with my gut feeling and will postpone the launch of the gold trading EA.

Attached is the screen capture of Jasmine automated forex trading system. The account started with $10,000 without compounding the lot size. Its balance is $21,205 or 112% return on investment after eight months. Jasmine is currently holding three trades with a float profit of $355. See attached.

JasmineJan19.png

Engineering the Soft Landing for the Chinese Economy

January 26, 2011 Update

In the last few weeks, I came across several articles about China that were quite interesting. I would like to share with you through in this brief synopsis.

The Chinese economy has been an economic miracle but is it sustainable? Most of its artificial growth could have become from the massive $600 billion stimulus package in late 2008. Sooner or later, the Chinese economy will falter since China only utilizes an export-based model. China is years away from developing its domestic-led economy. The economy is slowing down; the inflation is a concern; and there are also the property and stock market bubbles. Once upon a time, the Japanese economy was in the same growth position, and now it has been in a deflationary depression in the last two decades. Don’t get me wrong, the Chinese is in better shape than the Japanese because of the cheap work force. More technology will continue to be transferred to China for years to come because of its inexpensive labor. Will there be social unrest as workers are demanding better working conditions and more compensation? If you are the Chinese government, how would you engineer a soft landing? The Chinese government is heading in the right direction by raising reserve requirements and its interest rate. China has toughened regulatory requirements to increase capital adequacy. There are limitations on bank lending while it creates more measures to control the real estate. To combat the inflation on all essential commodities, the Chinese government has started price controls and subsidies. The Chinese government still has lots of tricks up their sleeves. Only time will tell if a soft landing is achievable.

Let’s get back to our automated trading system Jasmine. On January 10, 2011, the EURUSD was at 1.28798 and today (16 days later) it got as high as 1.37164. That is more than 800 pips movement in approximately two weeks. I have been in the Forex industry for seven years now. This is normal. I hope that you are not on the sell side, and that you had your stop loss in place. Overall, Jasmine had been doing well for the month of January. Presently, Jasmine is bullish with 4 buys and 2 sells on the EURUSD. As always, the maximum stop loss is 100 pips, and the maximum take profit is 260 pips. As a reminder, we are only targeting 35% return per annum and anything above it is a bonus. The market god has been generous to us for the past 9 months, since we have surpassed the 110% return on investment. Our initial investment of $10,000 has become $21,026 with additional $215 floating profit. See attached chart.

JasmineJan26.png

My Forex Trading Monthly Performance Update

February 1, 2011 Update

Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors since May 21, 2010 (8 months).

Haley = -910 pips (-9.1%) after 515 trades with GBPUSD

Jasmine = +10,871 pips (+108.7%) after 806 trades with EURUSD

Leah = +6,451 pips (+64.5%) after 715 trades with EURUSD

Mellisa = -283 pips (-2.8%) after 499 trades with USDCHF

Sienna = -184 pips (-1.8%) after 884 trades with EURUSD

View my real money accounts updated daily with this link

winsor's Profile | Myfxbook

If you haven’t downloaded my software, below is the link again. The installation takes 30 seconds. Feel free to forward the software to a friend.

http://www.ctsforex.com/trial_install/CTSFOREX_dot_COM.zip

1) Download the zip file onto your desktop

2) Unzip the file and follow the README text file.

Please vouch and rate us on our thread, your help is greatly appreciated. We have provided +12,332 winning pips since May 21, 2010 for our followers.

How to make money during the Robot Losing Streak

February 10, 2011 Update

In the past few weeks both Jasmine and Leah have been making donations back to the market. I have been bombarded with concerning emails such as the one below.

“I chanced upon your thread and I like your trading philosophy. However, I noticed that the returns for the start of 2011 have not been doing particularly well. Is there a reason so? Has the robot lost its effectiveness?”

Here is my answer: after a string of winning trades, it is impossible to continue winning without giving some back to the market. The best time to use the robot is when it is losing. When the robot is losing, it has already absorbed some of the losses; hence, you will benefit more on the upswing. This is the reason why people should NOT jump from one trading system to another.

Do you know why money management is important? You don’t compound your trading lot size when you are winning. You make sure that you have enough capital to withstand a drawdown. You don’t jump onto a trading system when it is winning. You should always hold back when a trading system is winning. No trading system will continue to win without giving some back to the market. You always wait for a pull back period in order to turn on the trading system. This is known as timing. Always look for a pullback before jumping on.

Attached is a screen capture of Jasmine with its six EURUSD sell trades. It is currently floating with 394 pips profit.

JasmineFeb10.png

February 16, 2011 Update

Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors since May 21, 2010 (9 months).

Haley = -1,095 pips (-11%) after 533 trades with GBPUSD
Jasmine = +10,813 pips (+108%) after 844 trades with EURUSD
Leah = +6,512 pips (+65%) after 750 trades with EURUSD
Mellisa = -1,600 pips (-16%) after 513 trades with USDCHF
Sienna = -1,091 pips (-11%) after 917 trades with EURUSD

If you haven’t downloaded my software, below is the link again. The installation takes 30 seconds. Feel free to forward the software to a friend.

Please vouch and rate us on our thread, your help is greatly appreciated. We have provided +12,332 winning pips since May 21, 2010 for our followers.

My Speaking Engagement at the Canadian Society of Technical Analysts

February 22, 2011

Hi everyone,

I have been busy with preparation for my speaking engagement tonight. It is going to be fun as I have done it many times before. Below is tonight revenue.

Canadian Society of Technical Analysts, Vancouver February Meeting
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Burnaby Public Library, Tommy Douglas Branch 7311 Kingsway Burnaby, BC V3J 0A2
Burnaby, British Columbia
https://store.csta.org/event_registration.php?key=468

Speaker: Winsor Hoang, Registered Professional Engineer

Men vs. Machines in Currency Trading

Why do more hedge funds opt for Engineers instead MBAs? A new chess player with the aid of a computer can beat a grandmaster. Why can’t computers help a trader succeed in trading? Everyone has greed, fear and lack of discipline. Can automated algorithmic trading be the solution?

Winsor graduated first class from BCIT in 1994 and received his electrical engineering degree with honors from the University of Victoria in 1997. Winsor has worked for large Canadian high tech companies such as: PMC-Sierra, Sierra Wireless, Nortel Networks and Research in Motion (RIM) as a Test Engineer specializing in automated test systems.

Winsor Hoang has over 12 years of trading experience in both stock and Forex markets. Guided by a belief that automated trading would be a valuable tool for the average investors, he began developing expert advisors for the Metatrader 4 platform. Being both a good trader and a talented engineer, Winsor was able to apply his skills in high tech automation and transferred them into Forex automated trading systems. He currently has over 1,000 followers with a total balance of more than $5,000,000 trading his software. His proprietary currency trading solutions help financial institutions, and traders make more money in trading.

March 2, 2011 Update

Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors since May 21, 2010 (9 months).

Haley = -1,024 pips (-10.21%) after 533 trades with GBPUSD
Jasmine = +10,472 pips (+104.68%) after 904 trades with EURUSD
Leah = +5,623 pips (+56.17%) after 811 trades with EURUSD
Mellisa = -1,673 pips (-16.74%) after 519 trades with USDCHF
Sienna = -1,907 pips (-19.07%) after 952 trades with EURUSD

IBM Computer Taking on 'Jeopardy!' Champs

Here is another example of Man vs. Machine. Guess who came out on top and how this can be applied to forex trading?

Last edited by a moderator:

March 31, 2011 Update

FYI, April Fool is tomorrow; hence, I am posting the results one day early. Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors since May 21, 2010 (10.5 months).

Haley = -2,115 pips (-21.2%) after 647 trades with GBPUSD
Jasmine = +10,621 pips (+106.22%) after 988 trades with EURUSD
Leah = +5,583 pips (+55.83%) after 918 trades with EURUSD
Mellisa = -995 pips (-9.96%) after 574 trades with USDCHF
Sienna = -1,270 pips (-12.7%) after 1076 trades with EURUSD

Winsor’s Forex Trading Performance Update

April 15, 2011 Update

Below are the trading results of my five expert advisors since May 21, 2010 (11 months).

Haley = -1,575 pips (-15.75%) after 673 trades with GBPUSD
Jasmine = +12,020 pips (+120.02%) after 1,039 trades with EURUSD
Leah = +6,606 pips (+65.83%) after 979 trades with EURUSD
Mellisa = -772 pips (-6.37%) after 596 trades with USDCHF
Sienna = +316 pips (+3.16%) after 1,151 trades with EURUSD

Back