trading for years without making money

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, each human has their own luck, about wealth, age and death is a mystery, sometimes we must accept something although actually don't want, but the thing can't be avoided. like the rain not the same in a different place, maybe you do not get in forex but still, get from another source.

Second, try to evaluate bad habits in trading, sometimes mentor guide already in a proper way, but we can't discipline and always repeated the same mistake over and over.

Third, when feeling not profitable, try to diversify, choose manager fund in PAMM or copy trading, etc, while keeping continues to learn, but remember the risk, not all manager fund working good for long term.

Last, give up to God whatever result is obtained.

Yet six years might be a hard time and i guess trading is also a business, a pure profession which does not spare any trader's mistakes so whats the deal if we can learn something more easily and grow our skills within less than six year it is better if we opt in for that profitable profession rather than strugling with our weaknesses why not polish those skills which are already our strnegth.

I think it would be helpful if you could share some details - what is your trading plan like? What do you think your main trouble could be? Have you tried analyzing your results and calculating your risk to reward ratio, drawdown, etc? I think sharing details like these could help forum members give advice to you.

I think all businesses need to struggle if want to get the expected result, not only in forex but the offline business also need strive to achieve the goal, let's say we open coffee shop cafe or something similar, need patience to waiting customers. in forex slow steady to win the race is better than rush but suicide.

It sometimes really hard to figure out what you have to fix in your trading because there are not reliable tools to identify should you attribute some particular loss to the bad trading system or just a loss that is inherent to every trading system including a working one. I would advice to estimate performance of your trading system after you get a sample of 50-100 returns and then decide if you should look for something else or stick with a current one.

Developing trading skills is indeed not easy, I thin all trader face difficult time on their trading journey, but the process and progress may different each other, create trading journal also as one way to improve trading skills, keep the record, reason why enter the market, etc, a trader can make evaluate from the journal.

Trading journal is a good pick to review and assess all our improvements and mistakes.
A trading journal can make spirit when learning process, although at sometimes as a trader needs to take a rest awhile because the trading journey is not always smooth like in expectation, trader dan flashback trading journal and make a new trading business plan ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back