Trial pure carry trades - how will it turn out????

psaTrading

This thread is specifically about "carry trades" strategy.........i.e getting daily positive swaps/interest to build up my trading account.

Your post don't seem to have very much relevance to this strategy and I suggest you start your own thread to promote your site if you so wishes.
But if you have any good ideas or suggestions to improve on my "carry trades" strategy, then by all means do post them in this thread.

We had a bearish day probably because Fed's Yellen speaks tomorrow at 16:00 GMT+1.
Tomorrow the market shall recover responding to the speech.

Happy trading.
Silva Trading EN | Financial Markets
"It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well." (Rene Descartes)

We had a bearish day probably because Fed's Yellen speaks tomorrow at 16:00 GMT+1.
Tomorrow the market shall recover responding to the speech.

Happy trading.
Silva Trading EN | Financial Markets
"It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well." (Rene Descartes)

1.Bearish on what ?
2.People come here to read about Rahmans carry strategy , if you want to have your own journal with things that people know already , you should open a separate thread.

LoRio my friend, I too have absolutely no idea on what he/she/it is on about either:p

I tried sitting on my hands, gnashed my teeth, took icy cold shower...all to prevent myself from closing out those opened running "carry trades" which went into very decent profits....I managed twice not to close any positions...then the market levels went back up and all positions became negative again.... but when market dropped once more and all my positions again show very decent profits, I simply couldn't control myself any longer and closed out all positions.....the situation was very much like restraining myself from a very beautiful and sexy woman alone in the room with me :p

Anywhere, now there is absolutely no open positions and account size has jumped to AUD1,076.44 which is a 115.29% increase over deposit of AUD500

Come to think of it, if I have closed out all positions twice before when all positions went into decent profits and then reopened these trades positions again, I would have increased the account size almost three forth ending last Friday.

So that leaves the question whether this "carry trades" strategy can still be considered "pure/virgin" any more????:confused::p

I had intended to demonstrate to my "adoring fans" following my trading style on how stress free and not-so-difficult it is to make money from simply placing some trades for daily positive swaps and then leave the positions to run for at least a year. BUT, as I have already mentioned many times, though "carry trades" WILL make good money, it is a very, very boring trading strategy and is most suited for those looking for long term returns (which will be way3 better than any bank in the world) on their investment.

1st screenshot show total profits from that AUD500
2nd screenshot show "pending orders" waiting to be triggered.
3rd screenshot show trading account summary from my broker ICMarkets

Remember I am NOT a teacher.... most certainly DO NOT profess to be a teacher/analyst/expert/guru/shaman/soothsayer/witch/fortune teller/bomoh/swami/magician/astrologer/etc like some are doing here..... so do not ask me too many complicated questions cause I will simply ignore them to cover my own ignorance :p
I am a practical trader, like the Russian bringing a cheap pencil for writing in space while the Americans spent millions developing a pen that can be used for writing in space.

And I DO NOT WANT nor ASK anyone to send me money for this absolutely FREE demonstration on how to make money from "carry trades", even though I have to take precious time away from my very busy work schedules. If you make money from my ideas, great, more power to you...and keep your money :p:cool:

Just try to piece together and make sense on what I am doing right or wrong and, hopefully, you will develop your own trading style which suits you best and, most importantly, makes you consistent good money from trading the forex market :cool:

==============================

I would like to add that I absolutely do not understand why some "expert analyst" would take 2% or whatever % losses on any trades when the main focus is to make money from the forex market. In "carry trades" you still make money from daily positive swaps even though the trade position is negative profit. But when market reverse, you will realize accumulative daily positive swaps plus profits which will increase account size substantially.
To me, some of these "experts analyst" are teaching more of a hit-and-miss trading strategy akin to "gambling"

Attachments

• Ending Friday 23-May-2014.jpg
    Ending Friday 23-May-2014.jpg
    493.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2Ending Friday 23-May-2014.jpg
    2Ending Friday 23-May-2014.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 3Screenshot ending Friday 23-May-2014.jpg
    3Screenshot ending Friday 23-May-2014.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
How are you determining the trades size?

...hmmm...problem with me is I never really got the forex education to know the answer to that question:p

.....but my down-to-earth way to determining how my account will sustain lot sizes is to put in a small lot size (in my case 0.02 lot size)....after placing that trade and my free margin level shows a couple thousands %, then I will add in a couple more positions until the free margin level is above the 700% level......if that level drop down to 400% due to market moving against me, I will delete most or all "pending orders".....if that free margin level drop further to the 200% level, then...hehehe...have credit card ready or any webmoney ready for emergency money transfusion when required ..... and if short on emergency funds, prayers might help :p

Main strategy is to try to enter at the highest possible level for "short" trades and lowest level possible for "long" trades....and avoid placing one too many trades.

Opened 9 short positions on USD/ZAR.....daily positive swaps = AUD5.45 x 365 days = AUD1,989.25

Attachments

• Screenshot Wed 28-May-2014.jpg
    Screenshot Wed 28-May-2014.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 8
Nothing much to add except that 16 short positions on USD/ZAR have been opened and left running through the weekend....all in losing Profit/Loss.

Account starting date: 9-May-2014........[Total Trading days: 16 days........./B]Total Deposit/Investment: AUD500.00.....Account Balance ending Friday, 30-May-2014: [B]AUD1,185.48....Percentage increased over deposit/investment: 137.10%......

Daily positive swaps = AUD14.24 x 365 days = AUD5,197.60 accumulative positive swaps if left running for 1 year (365 days)

Attachments

• Screenshot1 ending Friday 30-May-2014.jpg
    Screenshot1 ending Friday 30-May-2014.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot2 ending Friday 30-May-2014.jpg
    Screenshot2 ending Friday 30-May-2014.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hello RahmanSL

Hopefully the crippling platinum mine workers strike ends soon, to support the country’s struggling economy, bringing the USD down to its 2014 record low (10.27) on 11/May. ;)

Good luck
Liz

Back