Turning EA off in turbulent times

No harm in turning things off if you think they won't manage, its all part of the risk management.

I think it depends on your EA as they are all different and work from different parameters. If you want to be on the safe side, better to turn it off.

not an issue can always go back to it. i personally don't like EA so much but like to backtest every now and again, just prefer manual trading so i stick with that which is absoltuely wise right now as you say, given the m=turbulance in the markets

Out of curiousity, what % DD are people's mental stops at with EA trading. Sure this will differ for many but interested to get a sense of what is considered high for most EAs

My mental trigger to worry is when it reaches above 30% DD , followed by I need to do something trigger at 40%. When it reaches 50% DD I normally stop it and try to manage manually. However, my biggest worry is normally triggered when it starts making big lot trades in comparison to capital (that was one of the reasons my old EA got into hot water very quickly).

I'd leave it switched on. If the EA is any good won't it be able to cope? (PS I'm yet to find a profitable EA)

man, I just took a break you know. I turned off all my eas and just rested - during this time I realised how much I've been straining myself. take care of yourself, fellow traders

Hello other members.
I expect there will be turbulent times on the (stock) market after next week. The question is then whether you turn off the EA temporarily or for a longer period. With such a period, a high DD can arise that cannot be caught. Please give your opinion. It's not about which EA you have or what positions, but the general idea.
100% the right thing to do is turn off and mange your risk. EA's can be great but still need to be managed to get the best results out of them

Back