• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

VladimirFX

Tumtoom,

Sadly, my trading tends to be a bit inconsistent and doesn't provide an average anywhere near the amounts that many of the supposed "expert" managed services offer.

There is a firm rule for any real investment. Higher returns are directly correlated to higher risk.

If you want someone to manage money for you, look for long term, reasonably steady growth if you want your money to be safe.

Jamillo,

Yep, Bernie was licensed and regulated. That alone lowers a huge number of potential warning flags. Still, there were some people who pointed out that something was wrong with his company. For the most part, those people were shouted down as being crazy, mostly because so many people were apparently making money with Madoff.

In the end, the ONLY absolute proof of the success of any account manager is a complete trading statement from a well-regulated broker. Anything else, even successful withdrawals by real clients, could just be window dressing designed to lure more clients into something that's going to turn out very very badly a few months or a few years down the road.

@ Oportunis: But only 5% this month you say? Doesn't this figure contradict with the figure they have on their website for this month's profit?
Hi, now I have over 8%, all this is like a PAMM. There are some good ones in Alpari that are the same :)

Hello,

vladimirfx is blocked. Here is their mail:

Dear Investors!

We inform you that as of this week, we are forced to suspend trading activities for an indefinite period in connection with the arrest of accounts. At the beginning of the week at our disposal, there were 3 commercial accounts, one main and two additional ones. On all these accounts since yesterday seized. The reason for the arrest of accounts, to our knowledge, our fund was accused of fraud and money laundering.

We ask you to remain calm, all necessary steps to remove the arrest will be taken by our lawyers. In connection with these events, we stop receiving investment to ascertain the circumstances. Payments will be continued at the request of the reserves, but due to the fact that we can not withdraw funds from the accounts, the amount of payments will be reduced.

We hope for your understanding in this difficult situation for all. We will keep you informed.

Hello,

vladimirfx is blocked. Here is their mail:

Dear Investors!

We inform you that as of this week, we are forced to suspend trading activities for an indefinite period in connection with the arrest of accounts. At the beginning of the week at our disposal, there were 3 commercial accounts, one main and two additional ones. On all these accounts since yesterday seized. The reason for the arrest of accounts, to our knowledge, our fund was accused of fraud and money laundering.

We ask you to remain calm, all necessary steps to remove the arrest will be taken by our lawyers. In connection with these events, we stop receiving investment to ascertain the circumstances. Payments will be continued at the request of the reserves, but due to the fact that we can not withdraw funds from the accounts, the amount of payments will be reduced.

We hope for your understanding in this difficult situation for all. We will keep you informed.

LOL!! i had a good time reading the convo b/w pharaoh and arsh... And this seems to be the icing on the cake for this thread.

Checked their website... Nothing is mentioned there???

This is 100% incorrect. Pooled accounts have a high percentage chance of being a ponzi or just being stolen. Having YOUR money in YOUR account traded while using an LPOA is a 100% guarantee that the system is not a Ponzi (but it can be abused in other ways).

So far, every managed account system (Ponzi or not) I've seen guaranteeing to cover losses has ended badly for the investors.

Any profit sharing trading agreement needs to have a high watermark statement. Otherwise, you could pay fees over and over again for the same balance in your account.

I've had a front row seat to managed account scams for years now. I also follow the CFTC's enforcement actions and they perfectly mirror what I've seen in reports from real investors who lost it all. It appears that you are letting greed for good returns on your money blind you to worrying about the return of your money.

Arsh, I have a suggestion for you. You obviously seem to think that you have such great skill finding spectacular investments like this that you feel can't possibly be Ponzi scams. Since your experience in this area is so vast and you are so confident, why don't you put your money where your mouth is? Go ahead and mortgage your house, max out your credit cards, borrow as much money from friends and family as possible, and then throw it all into this system. Come back every few months and update everyone about how rich you've become.

Yes Arash! Pharaoh was Absolutely right .... vladimirfx.com stoped paying investors , and their money IS GONE

I agree with you oportunis, even I don't wanna argue with this guy anymore....anyway I have not invested any money here but yes my two friends invested money in VladmirFX and they are WDing their profit since last 4 month without any problem. Even we are trying to find the truth behind this program, i don't like to talk only on assumption.

Hey Arsh,

I know you don't like assumptions. That's fine. Please provide an update on how easily your friends can access their accounts.

As for me, I'll assume the following:

1. VladimirFx will "reduce" withdrawals to try to maintain some trace of legitimacy with gullible investors.
2. Clients will soon be given the opportunity to put more money into some new program to make up for any losses from the old one.
3. People will appear online to defend the new program as legitimate - just like they did or the new versions of myTIRN. Some might even call me crazy for telling people about the warning signs.
4. Eventually, the new program will also either disappear or claim to experience some issue.

Back