What's your view/opinion on today's market movements?

Hello RahmanSL
South African Platinum Miners Agree to End Strike. Lets hope this will be good news for their economy & your "Swaps"
Good luck
Liz

Liz my friend, thank you very much for that info ;).....but...hehehe.....deep down, I secretly hope the ZAR will not strengthen too much so that I am not tempted to close out those EUR/ZAR & USD/ZAR that go into profits, but is "forced" to keep the trades running for sometime to accumulate the daily positive swaps:p

Yesterday I requested another withdrawal and, based on my broker efficiencies, I expect to see the money in my account today.
With further reduction in my total actual deposits, ending yesterday, my trading account profits percentage gain has jumped to 756.18%.....and....hehehe.....if I were to request for another similar withdrawal (which I can without hurting my account even with all the open trades running) the profits percentage gain will jump to a whooping 23,426.87% as I will practically be playing/trading with profits money :cool:

==============================
...hehehe...I believe our friend dkami and I have one thing in common....i.e we both are trading our own system & style that we are comfortable & confident with, but are not really interested in being "gurus/teachers" :p ........those who read our posts will have to figure out for themselves just what we doing right, or wrong, and emulate our trades (if they so wishes) as best they can :p
=====================

Take care Liz and all the best ;)

Last edited:
UPDATES:

I made another withdrawal from my trading account and further reducing my total deposit money since restarting trading account from 12/April/2014.

Ending last Friday, 27/June/2014 trading week, my profit is now 819.39% over total deposits....
.... free margin are at healthy level of 1,217.58%.... running trades take in daily positive swaps of AUD151.40 x 365 days = AUD55,261.00 accumulative positive swaps if left running for one whole year.

I have opened & closed quite a number of trades that went into decent profits and reopening them again when prices went back up.
For now, I am targeting (in order of preferences due to positive daily swap rates value) EUR/ZAR, USD/ZAR, EUR/NOK, EUR/SEK, GBP/NOK, and EUR/AUD.
I traded the EUR/SEK, EUR/NOK, & GBP/NOK not so much for the lower daily positive swaps, but because the price has risen to the high side and so are excellent for scalp trading without much concern whether the positions will go into profit for the day/week because of the daily positive swaps received.
The EUR/AUD positions are trades that were opened sometime back when I thought it was a good idea at that time :p...but the few running trades are receiving fairly good daily positive trades while waiting for the positions to go into profits.

Last withdrawal request was, as usual, efficiently processed by my broker ICMarkets and in my bank account before noon the next day ;)

If I am to request for one more withdrawal next week, that will further reduce my deposit money and total profits percentage gain over remaining deposit will climb to a humongous 25,799.27% :cool:

UPDATES:

I made another withdrawal from my trading account and further reducing my total deposit money since restarting trading account from 12/April/2014.

Ending last Friday, 27/June/2014 trading week, my profit is now 819.39% over total deposits....
.... free margin are at healthy level of 1,217.58%.... running trades take in daily positive swaps of AUD151.40 x 365 days = AUD55,261.00 accumulative positive swaps if left running for one whole year.

I have opened & closed quite a number of trades that went into decent profits and reopening them again when prices went back up.
For now, I am targeting (in order of preferences due to positive daily swap rates value) EUR/ZAR, USD/ZAR, EUR/NOK, EUR/SEK, GBP/NOK, and EUR/AUD.
I traded the EUR/SEK, EUR/NOK, & GBP/NOK not so much for the lower daily positive swaps, but because the price has risen to the high side and so are excellent for scalp trading without much concern whether the positions will go into profit for the day/week because of the daily positive swaps received.
The EUR/AUD positions are trades that were opened sometime back when I thought it was a good idea at that time :p...but the few running trades are receiving fairly good daily positive trades while waiting for the positions to go into profits.

Last withdrawal request was, as usual, efficiently processed by my broker ICMarkets and in my bank account before noon the next day ;)

If I am to request for one more withdrawal next week, that will further reduce my deposit money and total profits percentage gain over remaining deposit will climb to a humongous 25,799.27% :cool:

You are my rambo :)

UPDATES:

I thought about it, but decided not to make another withdrawal from my trading account and further reducing my total deposit money since restarting trading account from 12/April/2014.

In fact, on Wed, I decided to deposit some more money into the account cause I over-traded the account AGAIN and had to shore up free margin.

Ending last Friday, 4/July/2014 trading week, my profit is 598.92% over total deposits....reflecting additional deposited money.
.... free margin are at uneasy level of 514.94.... running trades take in daily positive swaps of AUD197.82 x 365 days = AUD72,204.30 accumulative positive swaps if left running for one whole year.

Most open running trades are EUR/ZAR & USD/ZAR....but quite a numbers of GBP/NOK which is the reason I got caught out with over-trading as I had anticipated the GBP to weaken due to my expectation of better economic data from the USA...and especially since the pair made new highs due to interest rate cut.

Next week, I will monitor this account closely in case I have to parachute in some emergency funding:p

Anyone jumping in long on gold?

I'm long @ 50fib ($1287.25) retrace on W1 and will take another buy @ 61.8 and 78.6 1st targeting $1392 with SL below low ($1182.43)

I suspect could get a bounce from here as H4 in oversold then another leg down giving bullish divergence on D1 which is when I will really start to load up;)

this is a W1 trade for me so could take some time to play out:)

Sive given some nice analysis on gold which I agree with as well(Sive explains it much better than I care too:D)

Update: I first posted this trade 1/4/14 and as I said it could take some time to play out but is slowly heading towards target;)

I still hold 50(+501pips) and 61.8fib(+748pips) entry's as I write and I got out of a 3rd entry with +751pips as I mentioned in a previous post's (not to mention the +400 odd pips from H4 oversold in another previous post that I also mentioned in the original post)

Now W1 closed above my W1 resistance level @ $1337.38 so this is a good sign for me that my target will be hit ($1392.00) but I have D1 in overbrought so am monitoring closely and will possibly get out of my 50fib entry on small timeframe sell signal (H1,H4) and reenter on D1 buy setup that may come into play before my W1 target is hit:confused:

Will update as this play out;)

Wow my friend, you have my admiration for trading successfully in gold...very well done...clap-clap-clap...;)
I don't have your iron clad steel balls to do that anymore....plus there is no daily positive swaps with my broker :p

I believe you have settle down to the trading system that you are very confident & comfortable with, and now joined the ranks of the other 1.5% successful Traders :cool:

UPDATES:

Fortunately, through some careful balancing act in closing out profitable trades and abstaining from opening any more new trades, I managed to steer my account into safer waters and so have no need to parachute in any more emergency funds ;)

I thought about it, and decided to make another withdrawal from my trading account and further reducing my total deposit money since restarting trading account from 12/April/2014. And my broker ICMarkets efficiently carried out that international bank-to-bank transaction and, just a little over 24 hours later, the money is already in my bank account :cool:

Ending last Friday, 11/July/2014 trading week, my profit is 614.38% over total deposits (and 15.46% over previous week)....reflecting additional deposited money.
.... free margin are at okay level of 987.97%.... running trades take in daily positive swaps of AUD144.62 x 365 days = AUD52,786.30 accumulative positive swaps if left running for one whole year.

Most open running trades are EUR/ZAR & USD/ZAR....but still quite a numbers of GBP/NOK which, happily, are racking in daily positive swaps as I wait for the the opened positions to go into some profits.

With further reduction of deposit money due to 3rd withdrawal, next week I will post updates reflecting actual small deposit money which will show a markedly large percentage increase in profits.

Wow my friend, you have my admiration for trading successfully in gold...very well done...clap-clap-clap...;)
I don't have your iron clad steel balls to do that anymore....plus there is no daily positive swaps with my broker :p

I believe you have settle down to the trading system that you are very confident & comfortable with, and now joined the ranks of the other 1.5% successful Traders :cool:

Hay Rahman yes I pay negative swap on gold long with one of my brokers and positive swap with other so It equal's it self out as 0 and either way it's very little that's why I love trading gold so much even though manipulated, divergence never lies.Silver I pay a little more swap for but it's still very little so doesn't affect profits even on higher timeframe trades;)

I still have much to learn but always have been profitable over long term (profit far exceed any loss & never blown an account) but like everyone do have to take a hit every now and then and I do also have a long term swap strategy like you employ but I no way are getting the results you seem to be as even in that strategy I use little to no leverage and am comfortable gaining 25% per year, year after year

Trading is very easy,anyone can do it if they have the key thing PATIENCE!

Who are your brokers who pay positive daily swaps for gold?

...hmmm...very honestly, 25% per year gain is not my cup of tea:p...BUT most certainly very much better & more than interest paid by banks ;)

Ok, for EUR/ZAR, my broker daily swap rate for 0.1 lot size is AUD2.15 and AUD1.53 for USD/ZAR. So if I have 5 nos 0.1 size EUR/ZAR & 5 nos 0.1 size USD/ZAR, that will give total of AUD18.40 daily swaps...and if I leave these 10 positions to run for an entire year (365 days), the accumulative positive swaps will be AUD6,716.00...and after placing the trades, I don't have to do or make any more trades.

Well, as I have mentioned, you are very comfortable & confident with your system and so am I with mine....and we both trade without much fear and stress :cool:

But patience and not to over trade are the key ingredients for success and profitability ;)

Back