Where to start?

You can start with different online educational resources that everyone can use for free. You can get started in the Forex Military Academy section of this forum, or find many tutorials on youtube. I believe these are the best places to learn Forex trading from scratch.

I would start from practice because it helps you to ask specific questions or search for specific help. Learning process done in this way is more efficient since you have something to link your piece of theory with - concrete trading situation. For me it greatly improves memorising.

where u want... :D
i'm just playing, you can start from the acquaintance with the basic ideas and notions in trading. it's better to meet closer the whole economic sphere as it's quite important to understand the most spread laws as supply and demand law.
if you don't wanna meet closer with the economic, then just search for the websites where you could free or paid receive courses on trading. As a rule some sources offer free access to the basic theory in trading, for advanced one you require to either buy a subscription or pay for it.
then, search for the brokers, compare, analyse and make conclusions.

You should start off the theory =) Then, after acquaintance with basic terminology and notions, you should find a proper broker which will suit your needs in trading. Wanna be a scalper? Np, choose the broker with fixed spreads, as they allow you not to bother about fluctuations on the market because of various events in the world. Wanna be an investor and open long positions? Just choose a broker, which offer competitive conditions for investors, I mean various instruments for fundamental analysis such as economic calendar, sections with significant events and news.
So, here you should dive deep in the process of trading, only then find a broker and open demo account.

I would not recommend to stay on a demo account for several months, and immediately switch to a cent account for training, or better make a $1000 deposit and trade with a leverage of 1 to 10 without carrying over loss-making trades to the next day. This is how one achieves the stability of results, rather than with a deposit of $50-100 and a leverage of 1 to 500.
And most importantly, do not overestimate the lot. Here's the real thing, guys, this is usually the biggest problem! When beginners want to win back, they haphazardly overestimate the lot. Develop a system for getting out of the lock and follow it.

Reading a book or couple of books will help in understanding the markets, and not the business itself.

Best part is always try to test out using simulators, demos, and back-testing of strategies.

Cheers,
GoldmanSach

Agree, I learned many strategies when I traded on demo, checked their returns, profitability and only when I got something I could apply for real account I started to trade real money. Without it market lessons would be too costly.

There are so many traders who at the first time know forex and then tries in a demo account just to understand how to open trades, put stop loss and use the platform then try a real account with real money, but most of the traders get into a loss. But more experience eventually gives better skills.

Start from FPA and babypips school, trade as much as possible on demo test different ideas and if any questions arise you can ask them on forums and get specific help.

Back