Which of these pairs is better for trading? XAUUSD or EURUSD

Which pair is better for trading: EUURSD or XAUUSD?

• XAUUSD

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • EURUSD

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
better is the instrument on which the trading signal was formed
I really cant get what you mean! do you believe that people should come up with a trading setting and whenever, on whatever pair the setting is triggered, they should enter positions?

I really cant get what you mean! do you believe that people should come up with a trading setting and whenever, on whatever pair the setting is triggered, they should enter positions?
sell at the high
buy at the low
lows and highs are formed at different times on different trading instruments
therefore, each instrument has its own moment for trading

Last edited:
As always, it all depends on the trading system you use. A lot depends on the ratio of the profit size and stop loss that you apply.

To give a brief characterization, EURUSD is a classic. Some say that it is perfect for traders who do not have enough trading experience. But it seems to me that it is suitable for almost any trader.
It has moderate volatility and is quite predictable in terms of fundamental analysis and technical analysis.

As for gold, this pair is more complicated. The volatility of this pair requires more skill and at least a larger deposit size from a trader than when trading EURUSD.

if by forex pair u only mean currency pairs, that would be usd mxn, usd zar, and usd pln. but if cryptocurrencies are considered too, of course, they are way more unstable.

As always, it all depends on the trading system you use. A lot depends on the ratio of the profit size and stop loss that you apply.

To give a brief characterization, EURUSD is a classic. Some say that it is perfect for traders who do not have enough trading experience. But it seems to me that it is suitable for almost any trader.
It has moderate volatility and is quite predictable in terms of fundamental analysis and technical analysis.

As for gold, this pair is more complicated. The volatility of this pair requires more skill and at least a larger deposit size from a trader than when trading EURUSD.
This can be part of a portfolio diversification strategy

Buddy, these are completely different instruments for trading. I am not talking about the fact that they belong to different asset classes, but they demand totally different trading strategies.
I don’t know what trading strategy you use or intend to use, but in general, the trading strategy that would work for the EUR/USD pair, probably wouldn’t work for the Gold. and vice versa.
EUR/USD is one of the most popular pairs for traders. The same is true with Gold. Usually, traders combine trading these two pairs, and I have seen traders trading only these two pairs and nothing else.
The EUR/USD is considered less volatile. This makes it perfect for scalpers that chase a few pips in a trade, or for swing traders that hold trades for days. This pair would usually take a couple of days to move significantly.
On the other side, Gold is volatile and offers many trading opportunities in a day.
That’s why the combination of these two instruments is the first choice for many traders.

Back