Williama's Trading System

2, 3, 4, 5. . . Pips away which is the regulated policy?

Hi Onyebuchim C. Obike
Which broker will allow you to take 3 or 4 pips profit on a continuous basis.I think they will stop you after a while.

On a continuous basis you'd be right for a Take Profit scenario with some brokers but on a fractional take profit basis i dont think they'll stop you cos the position is still open and you have not closed out the position. I have a Manage TP EA that does this and Naufrage transfered the technology into this EA for Williama's Strategy

I'm still testing mine on FXDD to see if it'll happen that way. :)

EA Observations

FORWARD TEST
When price reaches an order, instead of that order activating, three more of the same order are activated at the same time. i.e when a pending order is hit, 3 more pending orders are opened at the same time instead of one order. I get tripple negatives which can causes huge draw downs when price goes against me.

I also observed uncontrollable placing of many pending orders even while i selected 2 levels.

I'm still tweaking the settings and trying other pairs to see more potentials and adjusments if any.

BACK TEST
From my back test result, the improved EA does well over a period of time and later crash down to a stop out and draw down. So i advise that the EA should not be a set and forget type to use. I tried several periods of 1 month test, 2 months and several months and its still the same result all through.

It indeed has a great potential for swing trading and i suspect backtesting would not give the same result with a forward test due to its dynamic nature of operation.

Hi Naufrage

FORWARD TEST RESULT ON THE IMPROVED EA

The EA deletes and resets back after Take Profit has been met. Ok

All Pending Buy Stops and Sell Stops are at the same level price and take profits.
Each pending buy stop or sell stop should be at different Buy Stop Price and Sell Stop Price with their TP.
I guess thats why i get multiple orders opened when one order is hit.

My test is still ongoing.

How did your go and which parameters are you using?

FORWARD TEST
When price reaches an order, instead of that order activating, three more of the same order are activated at the same time. i.e when a pending order is hit, 3 more pending orders are opened at the same time instead of one order. I get tripple negatives which can causes huge draw downs when price goes against me.

I also observed uncontrollable placing of many pending orders even while i selected 2 levels.

Hi,

For some practical reason, each pending order has the same size, and the EA keep adding new pending order until the potential loss is covered. That's why it can open multiple order at the same time, and that's why the less levels there are, the more new orders are added.
But there was some calculation error which might have add a few useless pending orders, I've just corrected the EA.

Hi Naufrage

FORWARD TEST RESULT ON THE IMPROVED EA

The EA deletes and resets back after Take Profit has been met. Ok

All Pending Buy Stops and Sell Stops are at the same level price and take profits.
Each pending buy stop or sell stop should be at different Buy Stop Price and Sell Stop Price with their TP.
I guess thats why i get multiple orders opened when one order is hit.

My test is still ongoing.

How did your go and which parameters are you using?
What do you mean by different buy stop and sell stop price?

Anyway, here are the two EA with a bug correction for the calculation of the new pending order.

View attachment Williama_improved.mq4
View attachment Williama_EA.mq4

I'm thinking about two improvment:
-add more pending order so that the profit target is reached far mroe quickly. This may sound illogical but it may be safer, we'll see.
-stop adding new pending orders once a certain amount of them are already opened, this amount depending on the balance size. This would limit the drawdown, but will it make the EA profitable?

Hi,

For some practical reason, each pending order has the same size, and the EA keep adding new pending order until the potential loss is covered. That's why it can open multiple order at the same time, and that's why the less levels there are, the more new orders are added.
But there was some calculation error which might have add a few useless pending orders, I've just corrected the EA.

What do you mean by different buy stop and sell stop price?

Anyway, here are the two EA with a bug correction for the calculation of the new pending order.

View attachment 245
View attachment 246

I'm thinking about two improvment:
-add more pending order so that the profit target is reached far mroe quickly. This may sound illogical but it may be safer, we'll see.
-stop adding new pending orders once a certain amount of them are already opened, this amount depending on the balance size. This would limit the drawdown, but will it make the EA profitable?

Hi Naufrage

Oh i see your reasons about the multiple orders that are triggered the same time. I also thought of it that if its positive then its good. I experienced both the positive and negative sides of it. It made some loss and recovered also.

What i meant by the different buy stops price and sell stops price is that i found out that each pending order had the same buy price or sell price and Take Profits.
e.g buy 1 had 1.5000 pending price, 1.5500 Take Profit, 1.4500 SL
buy 2 had the same as buy 1
buy 3 has the same as buy 1
and when buy 1 was trigered, buy 2 and buy 3 was triggered along with it at the same time.

YOUR IMPROVEMENTS
The Previous EA that places TP above or below each immediate level actually enabled quick take profits to be reached quickly only that the profits were small but very CONSISTENT and lesser losses from retracements. but i'll try the recent one you attached to see the difference.

How would profit be reached more quickly when more pending orders are placed? Is it the same as adding more Nb Levels?

-About stop adding new pending orders once a certain amount of them are already opened is a very good idea and it would stop drawdown a bit.

I noticed Drawdowns mostly when the EA gets unstable with placing orders after several orders are triggered and TP is met, also the EA leaves a vacuum or gap between the sell and buy order and most times you have only few sell orders below and no buy orders above or the buy orders would be very very far. What i do about this is that i reset the EA and input the parameter values again to regain the cage back to its position.

About its profitability yes it would be profitable. All through my live test yesterday i had only 1 loss and profits all through but the loss was a bit big due to the tripple order placement at the same time.

I'll test the recent EA with BackTest and forward test and compare with the former EA.

Have a nice day and wish ya the very best in trading.

Good Luck:)

Hi Naufrage,

Less i forget. Do we attach both corrected EA's on the same chart or seperate charts?
For the moment i'll attach them on seperate charts and different pairs and different brokers to get the best result from them.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

To finish showing my system to the people that is interested in my system, I have set up a new $100.000 account. I am going to trade now this account more as I trade a live account than as an educational account as before.

In this account you will be able to see how I actually trade a live account and how I trade more than one pair, and how I use the same smaller range for each one of them. You will also be able to see how trading these four pairs help to control the drawdown and how if one pair is going negative another is counteracting going positive.

In this case, you will also see how I will use a 1:3 ratio on the pending orders, meaning for instance 1 lot in one side and 3 lots pending order on the other side.

That is all for now, good luck with your trading and your learning. By the way I want to personally thank Jake from MURFREESBORO, TN. You are the only person that has sent a card to my little 3 years old daughter, she was very happy to see your birthday card and singing happy birthday even though the time for it is not yet.

Here is the info for the new account:

Please go to this page to download the platform https://www.fxpro.com/ Remember:
FXPro Meta Trader 4 platform. When you install the platform do not create a new account, just close and then click file then login.
Login: 109726
Password: Trapped1
Server: EuroOrient-Demo
Click Login

Hi everyone,

To finish showing my system to the people that is interested in my system, I have set up a new $100.000 account. I am going to trade now this account more as I trade a live account than as an educational account as before.

In this account you will be able to see how I actually trade a live account and how I trade more than one pair, and how I use the same smaller range for each one of them. You will also be able to see how trading these four pairs help to control the drawdown and how if one pair is going negative another is counteracting going positive.

In this case, you will also see how I will use a 1:3 ratio on the pending orders, meaning for instance 1 lot in one side and 3 lots pending order on the other side.

That is all for now, good luck with your trading and your learning. By the way I want to personally thank Jake from MURFREESBORO, TN. You are the only person that has sent a card to my little 3 years old daughter, she was very happy to see your birthday card and singing happy birthday even though the time for it is not yet.

Here is the info for the new account:

Please go to this page to download the platform https://www.fxpro.com/ Remember:
FXPro Meta Trader 4 platform. When you install the platform do not create a new account, just close and then click file then login.
Login: 109726
Password: Trapped1
Server: EuroOrient-Demo
Click Login

Hi Williama,
Nice to have you back with a new account to learn from.

Please i'd be grateful if you comment and advise on some EA's we've been trying to design to automate your strategy.

We felt it would make it quite easy if an EA trades with your system strategy. Over the period we've had some success and some losses and some inperfection designing the EA hence your advise or idea would be appreciated.

Just to say thanks for sharing your idea and strategy as we hope for the best from it.

Obike C. O :)

Hi Williama,

Just logged in and viewing your trading activity.

Please i'd like to know the parameters you're using and timeframes so that i can follow and catch up.

Thanks.

Back