Williama's Trading System

Right to "investing systems"

You get profit because of a profitable imbalance of trades.

If the market has wiggled around inside of the trapper grid, triggering open trades and new orders, then the market finally goes strongly in one direction, you will have more trades in the direction the market goes, and their gains will outweigh the losers. The losers stop out and the winners hit their limit/takeprofit. You might have a -75 pip loss but a +105 pip gain when all of the stops and limits are hit. So the net would be +30 pips.

AutoFX, I am very please that someone with your level of programming Knowledge came to this thread and are putting
so much time to make the EA a reality, I know I can say " THANK YOU " for you staying with US in the name of the
great majority of trader that are fallowing the process of understanding this system.

Yes, it is a old saying that " In can make 20% of profits in trading ( or investing ) by loosing 80% of the total
capital volume " so, it is the goal of it one of this matrix completion.
YES, you are in the right truck.:)

All the Best,
Trader55

Trader55,

You're welcome. It's only by learning from those with a much higher level of trading knowledge that I have been able to move forward. So I try use my skills as a career software engineer to give back to all who contribute in their own way.

autofx - thanks for updating the EA's but I am trying to load them and all I see on the chart is lots of details about the settings of the EA and no actual orders are being placed! I have a smiley face in the top right hand corner so am I supposed to change a setting somewhere so that it places orders?

autofx - thanks for updating the EA's but I am trying to load them and all I see on the chart is lots of details about the settings of the EA and no actual orders are being placed! I have a smiley face in the top right hand corner so am I supposed to change a setting somewhere so that it places orders?

AutoFx.. Good work on changing the EA.. Let me give you something else to think about as you are coding.. I have changed the EA that I am running to "NOT" add the center line at all. Here is my reason.

----- If you are trading 3 levels. Price moves up and hits your 3rd level but does not move far enough to Take profit on all of your orders. Price now moves back down to the Center line (if you are running it). This center line is a "Sell point". It picks up your sell orders. and then moves back up and takes profit. If you do not add any more "buy" positions to make up for this Sell point pick up.. You just lost money. I also found that with Auto trading; It is good to give the market some "Breathing Room".. If you leave the Center line out and you are using "PIPS =15" You are providing yourself 30 pips between levels for Breathing and retracing. This will keep you from picking up unnecessary orders. This "Center Point" can also be your largest Draw down point. If you have picked up positions from both sides.. as your Buy and sell points are converging on the "0" point.. You are Negative from both buy and sell points.

2nd Point.. Do not add an even amount of lots across the 3 levels. This will make you margin out that much faster if price bounces around between a 2nd buy level and 2nd sell level. Change the EA so that your Large Lot position sizes are on the "outside levels" and your small lot positions are on the inside positions. If you have a smaller account; you should also start with only 2 Levels. The same rules apply to 2 levels as 3. You will just cash out faster and start your cycle over again.
Example of Outside lots larger than inside.
Price move up and picks up your initial buy point. Rather than adding 10, 10, 10, to all 3 levels.. add 15, 10, 5. You are still adding 30 lots to the opposite side but, you are allowing , again, more breathing room in the center for price to "Range" without pickup and using all of your margin.

I have attached a back test using 2 levels starting with 25K. Now.. People can look at this test in 2 lights. Look it zeroed out; and yes it did zero out in Year 2 of my 2 year back test but.. Can you figure out how to not have this happen? That is the challenge. The math is always the same. Once you have the Math figured out. You are golden.

I have also attached the code with the Center line removed. I have also removed all of the "Arrows and Lines" that you had to manually delete all the time.

DJindyfx.

Attachments

• GBUS 2 Lvels 24 pips.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 142
  • Williama_Working v1.mq4
    9.9 KB · Views: 91
Autofx I did say the following:

"Understand that I am not saying that we cannot develop an EA on Williama's principles that can make good profits, but to get the same results as he is getting there HAS to be human intervention."

As a matter of fact I think and EA is essential for this trading method except if you can go without sleep for days (or not going to the loo for that matter!) so please continue your good work.

I want to support the comments djindyfx have made. I have experimented with Williama's methodology manually, making decisions based on the market movement (or non-movement) and I have found that I also started doing away with putting pending orders on level 0 (centerline) to give more breathing space and reduce the number of orders opened. I have also tended to put larger pending orders on the wider positions, but of course, that reduces your profit. I have therefore started to experiment with extending the profit target of these new outside pending orders with a level or so. I also place pending orders on other positions in between levels to even out the opening of orders.

So far I have been making profits every time, even when the market whipsawed or consolidated for many hours before trending, but it is exhausting and time to go to the loo or having something to eat can be dangerous!

Any members perhaps trading with VT Trader from CMS Forex??

I have discovered what the problem was. The account was too small. Instead of a $100,000 account I have opened a new $1,000,000 account and the EA is now placing pending orders of 1.2 lots. Is there anyway of changing the lot size so I can use a $100,000 account?

The main thing you must do is to have a daily range calculator!
You can avoid to many open trades simply by changing
the range in pips betwen each level.
For me this works even with 1000usd account!!!

WILLIAMA, GOD BLESS YOU

theXone

That sounds intriguing! Could you elaborate a bit more??

In a previous post I said: "I also place pending orders on other positions in between levels to even out the opening of orders." Are we perhaps talking about the same thing?

Last edited:
Well,I think that original rules work fine, and there is no need for any changes.
I will post here an EA and indicator that I use. There is not much to explain,
if you spread the range betwen orders, the will be less POs triggered!!!
The thing is that news breakout can help a lot!!!
And for the indicator of range....... well if possible range for eurusd is 150pips
.....150pips\3 levels = 50 pips range for each level betwen orders!
It is good to put EA in action before closing time of market\broker.
The main thing you need to do is not to be greedy.......
my lots are 0.05 for 1000usd account with 1:400 leverage.

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back