Is the trend really your friend ?

And when you get better and more comfortable you can always increase lot size.

We can do our trades only when we will know about the trends that are actually prevailing in the markets as this will also allow us to make some good profits in the end :)

That's pretty much what I'm doing, although I do want to learn to scalp. Sadly scalping with a small lot size can be very frustrating.

Not only money management need to be strict, emotion control are lot more difficult if you are a scalper.

That's pretty much what I'm doing, although I do want to learn to scalp. Sadly scalping with a small lot size can be very frustrating.
Yes, scalping with small lots is definitely frustrating. You can increase lots but be sure that you are willing to accept losses if they occur; that can be even more frustrating.

And when you get better and more comfortable you can always increase lot size.

Very well said always money management is the key to success. Thus one should increase the lot size only when they are very much confident of making money by following the right market trend.

Very well said always money management is the key to success. Thus one should increase the lot size only when they are very much confident of making money by following the right market trend.
Well, let's be honest, you can rarely feel confident when trading Forex; the markets can always surprise you. :)

Trend trading is profitable, in trend trading, even if you lose you will lose a little amount but gain will be a lot. If you try to trade against the trend by trying picking tops or bottoms, then you will lose more money.

Yes, scalping with small lots is definitely frustrating. You can increase lots but be sure that you are willing to accept losses if they occur; that can be even more frustrating.

The lot size is a double-edged sword, unfortunately. On one hand, the small lot size when you're scalping means you're making too little money for the whole process to be worth the hassle and the emotional stress, but on the other hand, if you increase the lot size the losses can add up very quickly if you're not careful.

The lot size is a double-edged sword, unfortunately. On one hand, the small lot size when you're scalping means you're making too little money for the whole process to be worth the hassle and the emotional stress, but on the other hand, if you increase the lot size the losses can add up very quickly if you're not careful.

Yes but the right usage of this can certainly help the traders to make good money. Traders should have the trading account sufficiently funded and one should have space for holding the drawdowns such that they can benefit at the end.

Yes but the right usage of this can certainly help the traders to make good money. Traders should have the trading account sufficiently funded and one should have space for holding the drawdowns such that they can benefit at the end.
You should mostly focus on risk rather than profit. If you overleverage you might get wiped out in an instant - it happened many times in the past with 1000+ pip spikes out of nowhere.

Back