Is the trend really your friend ?

We should be knowing about the trends that are present in the markets so that we are able to take advantage of them easily :)
Most of the times knowing the right trend becomes so hard for the traders that they tend to lose a lot of money chasing the market.

Most of the times knowing the right trend becomes so hard for the traders that they tend to lose a lot of money chasing the market.

I don't know about other traders, but I've only had this problem during range. Trends tend to be rather obvious most of the time.

I don't know about other traders, but I've only had this problem during range. Trends tend to be rather obvious most of the time.
Range trading is also good to trade because the support/resistances are well defined and you can profit with small stop loss. The problem usually is to identify the market whether it's ranging or trending.

I don't know about friend or enemy but one thing is definitely clear that majority (newbies) won't be able to handle too much pips going against them, so best bet is to ride with the trend, but again the major issue is spotting it.

I don't know about friend or enemy but one thing is definitely clear that majority (newbies) won't be able to handle too much pips going against them, so best bet is to ride with the trend, but again the major issue is spotting it.

Frankly said, I believe is somebody notice my posting, I will disagree trend is anybody friend. Try putting it on a similar situation with Baccarat Card games. They put a screen beside, just like trading providing you a chart. Strong trend, it is just similar to in a row of Bankers game. So what makes you to believe another hand will be banker after the last hand.

Therefore, trend is your friend no difference like those aviation marketing saying flying is more safer than driving.

I think we will get profit if we an trade with the trend market and have good accurate analysis hence will easy to making profit in trading but however sometime we can't analyzed the trend properly due trend market very dynamic and sometime unpredictable here is about possibility

Range trading is also good to trade because the support/resistances are well defined and you can profit with small stop loss. The problem usually is to identify the market whether it's ranging or trending.

Oh, I absolutely agree. To be honest I don't have a problem identifying a range, it usually becomes quite obvious after a few hours up to a few days. My problem is psychological - even though the support and resistance are often well-defined during range I'm afraid to open positions and then I close them too early too late, and, as I said above, lose money.

Oh, I absolutely agree. To be honest I don't have a problem identifying a range, it usually becomes quite obvious after a few hours up to a few days. My problem is psychological - even though the support and resistance are often well-defined during range I'm afraid to open positions and then I close them too early too late, and, as I said above, lose money.
Usually, the best solution to that is to use small lot sizes and to trade on higher time frames.

Usually, the best solution to that is to use small lot sizes and to trade on higher time frames.
Yes use small lot size for long term trading plan which usually trader will use high timeframe as trigger any decision, will making narrow free margin if we trade long term using big lot size

Yes use small lot size for long term trading plan which usually trader will use high timeframe as trigger any decision, will making narrow free margin if we trade long term using big lot size
And when you get better and more comfortable you can always increase lot size.

Back