• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Partially Resolved - Cititrader.com withdrawal issue

I am having an issue with a company
Sounds like typical bucketshop behavior. I'll wager that CitiTrader keeps all trades in house.

With a bucketshop, your losses are their gains. Your gains are typically met with excuses about why the trades aren't valid or how some other issue prevents withdrawals. There are still a lot of forex brokers that do this, and from what I've seen, a much higher percentage of binary options brokers fall into this category.

waiting on a response from their lawyer.

doesnt look like they want to pay.

any support always helps everyone has been great so far.

Sounds like standard stalling tactics. Delays, followed by more delays. The hope in cases like that is that a frustrated client will either go away or will accept a small settlement offer to end the issue.

After reading this thread there is no way I'll think of trading with citytrader. The best thing you can do in order to get your money back is this case will be to keep posting about this issue in many forums like this one!

my lawyer got a response from cititraders lawyer.

Basicly theyre NOT interested in paying and they say they want to charge me for not trading properly. this is like the 6th excuse from this bucket shop.

Charge you with not trading properly? On what grounds does Citi Trader say your trades were improper? Profitability? :D

Can we get some quotes from these messages they are sending?

Theyre saying since I didnt trade the account It is not my money.

theyre saying my boyfriend traded the account which is rediculas,

they are basing these grounds on some facebook posts my boyfriend posted, he posted stuff like "made $xxxx today best day ever"

me and my boyfriend are in a de facto relationship and we live with eachother.

of course I am alloud to discuss my investments with him he is my partner.

they are telling my lawyer that they will contact they new zealand goverment and tell them we are scammers, it is completely out there Pharaoh. I executed all trades and have told them I will give them a written declaration stating this

Excuse after excuse. You could provide a video of yourself personally placing each trade and they'd find some other reason.

Keep complaining to any and all regulators. Consider contacting Interpol too.

These criminals do not want to pay, latest email to my lawyer from cititrader:

"Dear Bruce,

I completely understand your prospective towards your client. But, if you read the facebook comments it clearly says I made (Thomas) profit, if they share it, he should have said WE made.
It is completely against our policy that a client who has account with us allow other person to trade his account without informing us or concerning with us.
As due futhur, your client will not be come to a deal in peace and remove all the fake posts she put against us over the internet, I have no other choice but to contact NZ gov. and inform Weini and her friend Thomas as a big internet fraud and scammers.

I really appreciate your response and time you gave to solve this issue."

somebody needs to bring these criminals to justice as THEY are the scammers Not me, pretty hard to believe a 19 and 20 year old are scammers compared to a company that steals money frm mutiple people and throwing every excuse under the sun not to pay- AVOID THIS COMPANY AND ANY OTHER COMPANY WITH JASON INVOLVED

Back