• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 1MinuteDaily.com

General discussions of a financial company
Hi jddvma,

Thanks for this clarification, but can you mention when you consider that the range is large? is there any specific number? for example the author recommends not to trade if it exceeds 300 pips. I think this is too much! in my opinion 150 fine...... So what range you are taking?

Thanks again for sharing your ideas.

Magic Breakout system / Paul

Hi Paul and others who have tried Magic Breakout --

I wonder if it might help you to share enough of your experience with Magic Breakout to tell us all if we want the package?

I assume it must be working to some extent or you probably would not be sending out info.

It seems sound in reading their .pdf at magicbreakout.com.

Of course, actual performance sometimes varies. :eek:oh:

Finally, if you wish to send something along my e-mail is d_shafer77@yahoo.com or just share something of your experience here, [I know, conflict of programs on same site, but, hey, they are the same developers.]

Just a humble suggestion.

Many thanks, DWS

Last edited:
Range Large 1MD?

Hi jddvma,

Thanks for this clarification, but can you mention when you consider that the range is large? is there any specific number? for example the author recommends not to trade if it exceeds 300 pips. I think this is too much! in my opinion 150 fine...... So what range you are taking?

Thanks again for sharing your ideas.

Mussallam:

These are the night range limits that I usually use:

USDJPY > 175 Pips
USDGBP > 200 - 250 Pips
EURUSD > 200 Pips
GBPJPY > 300 Pips

Greetings.

JdD

Musallam, please check . . .

Warm greetings, Musallam

I noticed you sent a request to Paul on June 28 requesting Magic Breakout info.

IF you received something from Paul could you post it for me and possibly others interested in that system?

Are you continuing to enjoy good results with the 1MD? Which pairs are most effective?

Kind regards, D

Hi DWS,
I have sent the necessary info.
regards, and good hunting.
Paul.

Hi Paul41,

The MagicBreakout system sounds very interesting. It is hard to find any information about it anywhere on the net. Any results or experiences that you've had with the system would be so appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Paul41,

The MagicBreakout system sounds very interesting. It is hard to find any information about it anywhere on the net. Any results or experiences that you've had with the system would be so appreciated. Here is my email:
email[uteksteper@gmail.com]

Thanks

As soon as i get time i will post my results here.
Regards to all.
Paul.
P.S. Check your mail :)

Fixed Profit levels?

At the risk of being flogged, I am thinking about this.

I believe the developers math argues for an Expected Value [EV] of 20 pips per trade for GU. That is using their weighting on the four classes of results: A, B, C and the dreaded D.

What if the EV for a pair is greater than 20 by taking the first consolidation zone break and trading it for a fixed profit of xx as long as xx is > 20? This would vary by pair traded.

In some limited manual backtesting I am well over an EV of 20 for GJ and EU. Taking a look at GU this weekend.

If someone has done this and found a fatal flaw, please say so.

Clearly, this method skips the possibility of the huge win, but there are no big losses, either. Just a 'quieter' way of trading. Perhaps with as much success.

As I am in the GMT -8 this also allows me to set a trade and get some sleep. Of course, if you can monitor a trade, so much the better.

Thoughts? Any prior testing?

DWS

hi dws,

in your backtesting have u left the stoploss on the opposite band to the the breakout band? risk reward ratio?

think one needs to go back at least 2/3 years to see if it holds just for a period or if it has potential over time..

let us know how u get on.

personally i have found that combining gbpusd with usdyen one gets a smoother result.when gbp does well yen lags and when yen does well gbp lags.but as we dont know when a pair is going to perform then combining them is good. i went back to 2006 manually testing these currencies..

First breakout from consolidation

Point well taken.

No, I did bring the SL back to the middle of the band OR a visible S or R point within the band.

I guess we'll see. This is an accomodation to time zone issues.

Best, D

Back