• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss 1MinuteDaily.com

General discussions of a financial company
July Results

Greetings all,

Herewith my results for July, strictly by the book. For the date, I use the end of the breakout areas. (B)uy, (S)ell, (W)on, (L)ost, (O)pen:

GBP/USD:

7/01 – B, W
7/02 - No Trade Friday (would have been B, L)
7//05 – S, W
7/06 – B, L
7/07 – S, L; B, L
7/08 – S, W
7/09 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, W)
7/12 – S, L; B, W
7/13 – B, W
7/14 – B, W
7/15 – B, W
7/16 – No Trade Friday (would have been S,W)
7/19 – S, W
7/20 – S, L; B, L
7/21 – S, L
7/22 – B, W
7/23 – No Trade Friday (would have been B, W)
7/26 – B, W
7/27 – S, L; B, W
7/28 – S, L; B, L
7/29 – B. L; S, L
7/30 – No Trade Friday (would have been S, L; B, W)

Total – 11 W, 12 L

USD/JPY:

7/01 - No Trade Thursday (would have been S, W)
7/02 - S, L
7/05 – S, W
7/06 – S, L
7/07 – B, W
7/08 – No Trade Thursday (would have been B, L)
7/09 – B, W
7/12 – S, W
7/13 – S, L, B, L
7/14 – S, W
7/15 – No Trade Thursday (would have been S, W)
7/16 – S, W
7/19 – No Trade (no breakout)
7/20 – B, L
7/21 – S, L
7/22 – No Trade Thursday (would have been B, W)
7/23 – B, W
7/26 – S, L
7/27 – B, L
7/28 – S, W
7/29 – No Trade Thursday (would have been S, W)
7/30 – S, W

Total – 9 W, 8 L

GBP/JPY:

7/01 – S, L; B, W
7/02 – S, W
7/05 – S, L; B, L
7/06 – S, L
7/07 – B, W
7/08 – No Trade (no breakout)
7/09 – S, W
7/12 – S, L
7/13 – B, W
7/14 – S, W
7/15 – B, L, S, L
7/16 – S, W
7/19 – S, L
7/20 – S, L; B, L
7/21 – S, W
7/22 – B, W
7/23 – B, W
7/26 – S, L; B, W
7/27 – B, W
7/28 – S, W
7/29 – S, W
7/30 – S, L; B, W

Total – 15 W, 12 L

Totals for all 3 pairs: 35 W, 32 L

Just a very choppy month. And trading the "no-trade" days, would have made a barely break-even month into quite a winning one. Interesting.

Best regards,
AZ

Trade on Fridays

Az:

Good Job. As you can see in my posts, I test 1MD trading all fridays. These are the results from Jan to Jul-10 (only fridays) GBPUSD pair:

14 A Class (Win)
8 B Class (Breakeven)
2 C Class (Lose)
4 D Class (Double Lose)
2 NO TRADES (Range too large)

TOTAL 30 Fridays.

You can obtain your own conclusions.

Greetings.

JdD

Last edited:
Help

I've buy this sytem and in chapter "III.4. Practical implementation: Place your orders and leave" in point 4 there are something about brokers with expiration price. Can you tell me which brokers allow this or maybe you know any script that can be attached to any mt4 broker that can do such orders.

Best wishes

Hi ulele,

This is a feature of the MT4 platform. When you are placing your pending order, notice the box labeled "Expiry." Just check the box and enter the expiration date and time. The order will then be cancelled at the appointed time if it had not been hit before.

Regards,
AZ

Yes I know about time expiry...I'am lookin for price expiry. In other words wheny my price hit TP for long position my short position which is pending will be automatically closed. Is there any script that can do this?

Thanks!

John Templeton's Price Action Trade program is AWESOME! He is an awesome teacher of Forex. He propelled my trading to the next level and having taken his course, I truly understand the markets.

I have been doing a lot of scalping as of late and I still employ his strategies as far as knowing where the true S/R are located. I highly recommend it to vets and newbies, more so the newbies.

After taking his course and speaking with him through emails, Forex has become my life and I love it!

Happy Trading!
Hello M.O.B.

I have enjoyed your posts. I was hoping to get your opinion on John Templeton's Price Action Trade ebook. I had started learning FX trading using candlesticks and though there is a learning curve, I have been doing better than the One Minute Daily EA that I purchased. In fact, that EA has lost the manual profits I made and then some. When I started candlestick trading on daily T/F, I would employ trendlines, S/R, look for channels, ranges, confluences of areas and FIB levels. Upon practicing the Buff strategy, I still perform my chart setup using these but change it to a bar chart to better spot the 1-2-3 pattern. I read the sales page for Templeton's Price Action Trade ebook but I am not sure I would learn anything new. Can you please elaborate what else the ebook may have?

Thanks,

Mikki

I bought the 1 minute daily system a while back. I traded it for a month and the results were mixed at best. One thing I found annoying is that the user is expected to optimise the system, different times are given showing different results.

I appreciate systems are always tweaked and updated. But what I expected was something like: under these current market conditions use this criteria, but on a regular basis run these backtests to optimize the system. Because the authors haven't give specific rules, this to me shows the system has flaws and this grey area can be used as an exuse for its poor performance.

I bought the 1 minute daily system a while back. I traded it for a month and the results were mixed at best. One thing I found annoying is that the user is expected to optimise the system, different times are given showing different results.

I appreciate systems are always tweaked and updated. But what I expected was something like: under these current market conditions use this criteria, but on a regular basis run these backtests to optimize the system. Because the authors haven't give specific rules, this to me shows the system has flaws and this grey area can be used as an exuse for its poor performance.

I am finding that this system requires a lot of patience. You can break even for 3 or 4 months and then double your account in 1 month. The classic system done manually is very specific. And there is 4 years of data to back it up.

The EA is a different story. It has many settings and options. But you can set it up very close to the basic 1MD system.

I think those who stick with this for the long haul and all the ups and downs will be rewarded in the end.

Back