• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Are there any robots that make profit?

Megadroid? i'm sure some people said it bust their account.

Yeah, I'm sure too. Nevertheless, most of those cases are explained by a deficient set up of the robot, or by sub-prime conditions when running it (like a lack of a VPS). I just followed the instructions strictly and it has worked great for me. Check the results at Forex Robots - LIVE Account Trading Competition and you will see the same, that robot seems to be NOT a scam.

FXGenius

I have purchased fxgenius. It compares price between 2 brokers so robot
knows which way thye price is going from faster broker.
I am making profit stedily.
Hello Yuji8114. I also purchased fxgenius. It works wonderfuly on some demo accounts :D, but once you switch to real account with the exact same configuration and brokers that work well on demo, it turns out to be a total disaster for real accounts.
I have been trying to find the correct combination for more than two months, and I have found several configurations that work well on demo accounts, but when changing to real accounts the robot only trades loosers.
If you are making profit on a real account, your config info would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot

Hello Yuji8114. I also purchased fxgenius. It works wonderfuly on some demo accounts :D, but once you switch to real account with the exact same configuration and brokers that work well on demo, it turns out to be a total disaster for real accounts.
I have been trying to find the correct combination for more than two months, and I have found several configurations that work well on demo accounts, but when changing to real accounts the robot only trades loosers.
If you are making profit on a real account, your config info would be much appreciated.
Thanks a lot

Dear Jaime,

I haven't deal with the fxgenius, nonetheless, it seems to be a robot that has troubles dealing with spread re-sizing, order delays, and /or another broker "tricks". Therefore, I would recommend you to search for a very reliable broker an ECN one, you may have to make a bigger deposit but if the robot really works and the broker is what is stopping it from profit, there shouldn't be much risk.

i've never come across any robot that makes a profit long term

I've come across a pair actually, nonetheless it is a plain lie that "set and forget" modo, you need to be constantly checking them and the broker selection is as crucial as the robot selection itself. I myself like the Megadroid a loy, and I have been thinking on trying the Forex Phantom after watching the Real Money Accounts test at Forex Robots - LIVE Account Trading Competition

Rgds,

DRC

well there might be something .....

I have had decent success with MegaDroid (made about $300 this week on a $10K live account). I have been testing Fores Bling (just Thunderbolt and Thunderstorm) and it looks like it may work out well. They are constantly pushing out new versions (free of course) so at least they are making an effort to tweak their EA. That is a good sign in my book.

Megadroid is the only one that creates some wins with a minimal risk of loosing like 1 out of 25 trades - i personally never had a miss-trade by Megadroid - even though there were 2 events reported last year when it happened.

Tweaking its settings by backtesting and optimization and not trading major holydays and major US$ and EURO events like NFP is helpful as well.

I used the Bling Package as well but removed it from real accounts last December - not profitable enough ....

cheers - ahab666

After reading this thread, I am quite amazed that there are some traders who actually make money (as stated in some of the replies) from fx robots. But if the newb is indeed serious about making forex his business, isn't it much better if he/she learns how to actually trade? :confused:

After reading this thread, I am quite amazed that there are some traders who actually make money (as stated in some of the replies) from fx robots. But if the newb is indeed serious about making forex his business, isn't it much better if he/she learns how to actually trade? :confused:

Not necessarily. He/she might not have the skills nor the knowledge needed to succeed in trading. Robots may replace that.

I have tried many automatic robots and none of them did make any profit, only losses.
How can robot know which way the market is going to move???
Traders, please do not be naive and save your money.
All robot developers claim that their robot is the best in the world and that it made a lot of money for them. Oh yes the robot developers made a lot of money by selling the useless robots. They are just a rip-of.
Example is Forexrobottrader from Steinitz - do not buy it, you will achieve only total losses, it is just a rip-of.
Brokers are the same rip-of.
Do not deal with IGindex or IGmarkets. They trade against you and set their own rules. If you create your own strategy and you start making money they will do everything possible and make sure that you loose. They told us strait in our face that they do not want us to win.
They are just a bunch of bloodsuckers.
Wake up.
Save your money.
You have more chances of winning Lotto than by trading.
Take my advice.
You have been warned.
Ex trader
John Cobb couldnt agree with you more about IG index, half of the time when you place a traed and go bk and look at ur deal ticket history the level they get you in at is nowere near the level you wanted to take the trade,,,as for robots not the biggest fan simply because if they were that good why would the big banks employee trades on high salaries to trade if they could get a lump of metal to do it lol

Back