1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been scammed by a Cyprus Broker? New instructions from Cysec

Discussion in 'Scam Alerts' started by AsstModerator, Oct 28, 2015.

1. IrwanI

IrwanI Master Sergeant

FxMaster likes this.
  2. Pertti

Pertti Sergeant

The Financial Ombudsman has very little meaning or nothing at all. See this decision which Banc de Binary are simply ignoring and I don't get reimbursed without going to the court.

Investor protection in Cyprus is a big shame for EU and Israel too.

Attached Files:

Perumaga likes this.
  3. Pertti

Pertti Sergeant

Everyone in EU should know this. Regulated by Cysec means that companies like Banc de Binary are informing local Ombudsmen in EU of "providing financial services" as they have renamed robbery. They are NOT regulated in any country in EU except Cyprus of course and they would never get license anywhere else.

Cyprus is a dangerous gate for these companies to get access into Europe where people believe they are protected because of EU-license.

I had a long conversation with the Ombudsman of Finland about this. They dont want to believe this but they said at least BdB should follow MiFiD. Needless to say that they would be closed after one week under control of Finnish authorities.

4evermaat likes this.
  4. Pharaoh

Pharaoh Colonel

Don't give up on the Cyprus Ombudsman just yet. It's only made a handful of rulings so far, and BDB is trying to test them. Instead of spending time saying "The Ombudsman is useless", get in touch with Cysec and the Ombudsman and make very sure that everyone in both organizations knows exactly how Banc de Binary is ignoring an Ombudsman ruling.

5. Pertti

Pertti Sergeant

When I look at license suspencion of UBFS 13.12. I would say Banc de Binary cannot be far from that at the moment.

Yes the Ombudsman is now starting to give decisions and BdB and others are testing their limits. I am confident Demetra and the Ombudsman will show those.

6. vgasper

vgasper Sergeant

Same thing happened to me... I just get the same answer, the UFX gave to the Financial Ombudsman...

MONEY ON CYPRUS IS LOST MONEY!!!!!

7. Ola Åfløydal

Ola Åfløydal Recruit

just wonder; I am a newbee and have to ask someone in this forum
    I am one of the persons that have been stupid enough to put some investments into Optionrally.eu.
    I have tried to get help from the Winchargback lawyers, with no results.
    I while ago a person called on my phone saying he was representing Cyprus Legal services, Thomas Mathis.
    I said they had every proof needed to get my investments back to me, and that they have found an account with 25 millions Euro in a hidden acount in A Cyprus bank.
    Thomas Mathis is delivering my docs to the liqidator who will translate all proofs to Greek language and give theese proofs to a judge.
    They say everything is already payd for and you just have to pay for translating and paperwork.
    Now I have been fooled before and are afraid this is also some tricks from a criminal person or company.
    Have anyone heared about this person, ore Cyprus legal services ? I just wonder ?

8. IrwanI

IrwanI Master Sergeant

Sound like they want to scam you,don't deal with them and i never heard about Thomas Mathis from Cyprus legal service.Try to contact Winchargeback again,they handle more than 30 cases per/month,i think you in que

9. oscarra

oscarra 2nd Lieutenant

http://www.mcit.gov.cy/mcit/cyco/cyconsumer.nsf/All/61B5BD1995FCC8AEC2257FE10041A995?OpenDocument

Misleading and aggressive practicesYou are protected against 2 main categories of unfair commercial practices:

· misleading practices, either through action (giving false information) or omission (leaving out important information)

· aggressive practices that aim to bully you into buying.

The Black List – unfair practices which are always prohibited

· The Black List makes it easy to identify commercial practices that are prohibited in all circumstances.

· If a practice appears on the list, it is automatically considered unfair.

Protection of vulnerable consumersTraders may not use practices that exploit vulnerable consumers, such as children and people suffering from illness or addictions. For example, it is illegal to pressure children to buy a product or to use 'pester power' tactics to get them to persuade their parents to buy it.

………..hum, so they say

10. MiliC8

MiliC8 Private, 1st Class

...I have been recently corresponding with the Financial Ombudsman regarding an offending brokerage in Cyprus. Yes I initially forwarded emails to CYSEC but soon discovered as stated on the website that the Financial Ombudsman should be sought for client restitution & CYSEC conducted a supervisory mandate as a regulator. I have as yet to begin a thread on my broker in the Scam Alerts Folder. The financial ombudsman requires in addition to the 20 EUR fee that the CIF one is complaining about acknowledges receipt of your complaint by providing you with a Unique Reference Number. Matters cannot be pursued further without both requirements being fulfilled. As it is in my particular case my CIF has chosen to make only investigative phone calls or communicate via SKYPE/text only. Personnel involved have not responded to my emails & requests for this U.R.N. hence I have no other option but to follow through now with FPA procedure which I am truly grateful for.

: cysec