Demo trading for 6 months

One good advice (Already wrote so many time): Demo is heart of Forex trading so please practice on demo first before you jump in to live But first learn about what is forex and how to start forex trading. You can start learning about forex by following this link and you will get all of your answer here for sure.

Here is the link Forex Military School

Actually I never find demo account interesting and really I don’t need to give reason for that as we all know that it’s not seeing to be motivated for demo account. I usually trade with Cent or Micro account which is bit more motivated and less risky due to lower funds but I fully agree that the best way is to learn from the link you mention as that way we feel interested since most of the questions are ones that comes into our minds.

Actually I never find demo account interesting and really I don’t need to give reason for that as we all know that it’s not seeing to be motivated for demo account. I usually trade with Cent or Micro account which is bit more motivated and less risky due to lower funds but I fully agree that the best way is to learn from the link you mention as that way we feel interested since most of the questions are ones that comes into our minds.

At least no one finds demo trading interesting but its necessary for a beginner trader to learn the basics of forex market from demo account. The best experience comes after trading in real account.

Demo is never interesting. But at least you must use demo to find yourself, to know what you are doing, to understand when the strategy works and how you cut losses when broke down. I believe many people forgot how important to cut losses in demo account, that's the mistake always occur when it goes to live. They only know when they should get in the trade, but never provide plan B when it goes wrong. <Even myself was doing this type of silly mistake previously>.

I don't think that 6 months is enough for trading on a demo account. I have been already studying economics for 6 years at the university and I must say that Forex is no easier than my major subject. If we do not mind to spend so many years studying at the university then why do we want to have shortcuts in learning Forex trading? Forex provides much more opportunities so it will be logical to spend even more time for it.

I don't think that 6 months is enough for trading on a demo account. I have been already studying economics for 6 years at the university and I must say that Forex is no easier than my major subject. If we do not mind to spend so many years studying at the university then why do we want to have shortcuts in learning Forex trading? Forex provides much more opportunities so it will be logical to spend even more time for it.

Demo trading is always up to traders and theirs strategy I have many friends who are still using Demo.

Imo, starting to trade without going on demo first is a very safe way to get a margin call. :(

Trade in demo until you are profitable for three consecutive months, then start trading live. Start small to keep your emotion low (it's your money now), and grow slowly your account.

Imo, starting to trade without going on demo first is a very safe way to get a margin call. :(

Trade in demo until you are profitable for three consecutive months, then start trading live. Start small to keep your emotion low (it's your money now), and grow slowly your account.

3 months of profitable demo trading is necessary, you are right in this matter. But there are very less traders that remain in a demo account and show patience for 3 months. After some good days of trading, they immediately think of starting live trading.

Their bad, but anyway someone has to loose money on the forex if others have to win it. :p

My first post here... Hello everyone.
I agree that demo trading is necessary and I have done my share and continue to do so when testing new theories. But nothing teaches you real trading like trading real money. When I made the switch I then truly realized the magnitude of what I was doing when my very first trade went in the toilet. I thought I had taken demo seriously but I learned what "serious" was real fast. My advice would be to get in a live account sooner than later (after some demo to get the experience and prove your strategy). But start with mini lots or micro lots with stops so that you get accustomed to the aspect of real loss and real wins - which should also help to temper and train emotions.

I read in the School of Pipsology the suggestion to trade for six months on a demo account before trading on a live account. Six months seems like a long time.

It is not long at all. Within those 6 months,you get to learn most of the things that will help you with a live account. It's not a waste of time. Be patient.

Back