Does forex strategies usually work?

It's kind of subjective based on the strategy and other factors, but I do think it's important to incorporate some type of strategy into your trading plan.

You definitely need a proven strategy let alone just a strategy. You also need risk management, psychological strength and a willingness to always improve. There are many facets of trading and that's why it takes years to master

You definitely need a proven strategy let alone just a strategy. You also need risk management, psychological strength and a willingness to always improve. There are many facets of trading and that's why it takes years to master
You are definitely right. The matter here is not to create a strategy in order to start trading, the mai idea of strategy is that it should be your base in trading. The vast majority of traders neglect using strategies and they just try to combine various patterns/figures/indicators in order to trade, in case we speak about short-term trading, such as daytrading for example. However, they should not just combine, but also understand why do they combine these idicators. This is the main mistake in my opinion.
Every trader should use trading strategy and it doesn't matter how much time do they spend on its creation. It might be months of creating of trading strategy and this is okay. You're right that mastering trading takes too much time, years of practicing and learning.

Surely, trading strategies work, but it depends on the exact trading strategy at a given time.
There are different strategies available online but not all of them deserve your trust. Many of them are just a trash. SUrely, you shouldn't try to implement them in real account as soon as possible. First of all, you need to test them on demo account and see whether they have at least some profits. Next, you'll have to calculate wins and losses and their proportions in order to set up appropriate positions isze and risks. Finally, you can start using the strategy on microlots and doublecheck everything.

From my own personal experience.Yes is the simple answer. But the tricky part is down to the user as to application or understanding of a strategy and how or when it can be applied. There is no guaranteed follow xyz to riches. But taking the systematical rule sets and combining with good ta and risk management, people are able to make a strategy work for them. My approach to trading is in theory a combination of several strategies to determine my entry and a potential outcome and combined with both technical and psychological analysis to comfort me into committing myself from a-b. If a preffered market is showing certain behaviour I'll stay away. And in the bigger picture this works out for me. But there is allways room for improvement. your journey doesn't end

One of the most effective and straightforward forex trading strategies is trend trading. This method involves trading in the direction of the current price trend, as the name implies. Traders must first determine the overall trend direction, duration, and strength in order to do so efficiently.

You are definitely right. The matter here is not to create a strategy in order to start trading, the mai idea of strategy is that it should be your base in trading. The vast majority of traders neglect using strategies and they just try to combine various patterns/figures/indicators in order to trade, in case we speak about short-term trading, such as daytrading for example. However, they should not just combine, but also understand why do they combine these idicators. This is the main mistake in my opinion.
Every trader should use trading strategy and it doesn't matter how much time do they spend on its creation. It might be months of creating of trading strategy and this is okay. You're right that mastering trading takes too much time, years of practicing and learning.

Definitely agree, I think the high failure rate is people not willing to persevere rather than it being too difficult. Everyone wants everything now and in perfect condition. This rarely happens in any aspect of life and trading is no different

Most traders don't have tools to test strategies, evaluate strategy basic on equity curve or high win % trades is not enough.

Back