EA`s. Pluses, minuses, advices...

Amina El Mehdi

Sergeant
Let`s discus EA`s. Their pluses and minuses. Share good and not so good experience with them. Will be a good thread i think.

Looks like no one has helped you bummer. I was 100% opposed to buying the EA's being sold to retail investors because I can't see the business sense in selling your winning algo for $100 but I know some can work. I'd think your best bet would be to find and EA on ZuluTrade that has a good long track record, set your risk very low and ignore it. If you have a good rules based strategy, you can get someone to code an EA for you for not too much money. Good luckin your search.

Looks like no one has helped you bummer. I was 100% opposed to buying the EA's being sold to retail investors because I can't see the business sense in selling your winning algo for $100 but I know some can work. I'd think your best bet would be to find and EA on ZuluTrade that has a good long track record, set your risk very low and ignore it. If you have a good rules based strategy, you can get someone to code an EA for you for not too much money. Good luckin your search.
Thanks for your advice then.

I think copytrading is a good alternative. I don't know much about it, but at least it should be a person who trades manually and has a solid record of his/her performance. I saw some options to buy signals for reasonable money (like 30-50 bucks). I think it should work better because human can analize the market and factors

I think copytrading is a good alternative. I don't know much about it, but at least it should be a person who trades manually and has a solid record of his/her performance. I saw some options to buy signals for reasonable money (like 30-50 bucks). I think it should work better because human can analize the market and factors
But don`t underestimate a human mistakes too.

I am not a big fan of EA's, either. Mostly because it is hard to find one that really works. Except if you have the skills to create a trading strategy and develop an EA for yourself - in that case, it could be a good idea.
If you set your mind on finding an EA, testing it is a must before you risk any money with it. But I would say only get an EA if you have some programming skills because that way you can modify things manually if it doesn't give you the desired results.

I am not a big fan of EA's, either. Mostly because it is hard to find one that really works. Except if you have the skills to create a trading strategy and develop an EA for yourself - in that case, it could be a good idea.
If you set your mind on finding an EA, testing it is a must before you risk any money with it. But I would say only get an EA if you have some programming skills because that way you can modify things manually if it doesn't give you the desired results.
If you have some programing skills then you`ll make your own from 0. There won`t be a need to use a ready one.

Back