• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Hello guys!

Here are several replies:

Are people still getting 10 - 20 plus trades a day with FAPT?

Normally you are getting 1-2 trades per currency pair per session.

What broker is best for use with all pairs including EURUSD?

We included the information on recommended broker in the member area. However people have found a large number of good brokers who have good spreads on our pairs during the Asian session.

How do I know I have the GMT offset set correctly? I have it at 2 for Alpari.

That is correct. From Version47 fapturbo will set GMT offset automatically

i have sent several emails requesting to receive broker statements to see actual results on the fapturbo system...

The broker statement is published live on fapturbo.com index page.
You can find tons of 3rd party statements on MT4stats for example MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world

also this sounds like a complete scam

I would not draw such conclusions right of the bat without making proper research.

I notice that the FAP Turbo team have recommended non-standard settings

First of all I would like to thank FPA team for the independent test of our EA.

You can find proper settings here on FPA test, on Fapwinner.com club, DonnaForex.com site, Forex-systems-reviews.com, Forexautopilotforum and in many other places.
You can also follow fapturbo mike on twitter: Fapturbo Mike (FapturboMike) on Twitter to find out latest news.

input setting problem

hi,i was purchase fapturbo 5weeks ago,but haven't open trade yet.maybe is the input setting wrong. can show me how to setting the input ,thanks.
below is my question:

scalper_startwork time hour=?
scalper_endwork time hour=?
scalper_end session minute=?
scalper_profit limit=?
scalper_loss limit=?
scalper_use custom level=true/false?
scalper_relax hour=?
scalper_open one trade=?
scalper_one open trade=true/false?

Is there a problem with v47?

I started using FAP Turbo on a demo account in April. It performed well on the scalper strategy, but the long-terms strategy results were erratic and overall poor. I elected not to tinker with the settings, working on the assumption that the team would choose the best defaults based on considerable testing. OK, the results were nowhere near as good as the advertising BS, but nobody really believes all those claims do they? Sure, it might be possible to selectively find a month where an account is doubled; I could do the same for most decent trading systems, but it is a mathematical impossibility to do that consistently. FAP Turbo produced about 25 PIPs per trading session, ignoring the long-term strategy results. Now a month of testing is not really enough to prove a system; it would take much more than a year to do that, but it was enough to convince me that a live account trial was warranted.

At the start of May I put FAP Turbo on a small live account ($15k), using default settings except no long-term strategy. Given the problems associated with using this EA with a market maker broker (brokers increasing spreads and therefore reducing the trades taken) I elected to use a ECN broker; FXCBS. The results from 1st May to 22nd May were in-line with my demo account trial; 251 PIPs profit after commission (=$1,452 net profit) which is good for any trading system. There were two large losses out of 108 trades. 82% winning trades. Over a year that would result in about 4,180 PIPs profit. I could make some serious dosh out of that on a decent sized account.

Then on 22 May I installed v47. Overnight the performance changed. During the next week, FAP Turbo made major losses every trading session, and within 4 days had wiped out the profits of the last three weeks. Now, I'm experienced enough to know that every trading system goes through bad patches. But it did seem a bit of a coincidence that my results had exactly coincided with installing v47. As a precaution, I stopped trading FAP Turbo on the live test account, but carried on with a demo account of the same size with the same broker. I also emailed the FAP Turbo team; however, their reply cast no light on the issue; there merely told me what I already knew which is that any trading system has periods of loss making and FAP Turbo produces a profit over the long term (not quite the same as the adverts, but in fairness to the guys they are no more guilty of hype than anyone else selling things on the internet).

Now a week of heavy losses is nothing unusual; I can show you whole months where excellent trading systems have made a loss. So I have persisted with FAP Turbo on the demo account to see if the poor results were merely coincidental with installing v47. On the demo account FAP Turbo has continued to make losses at the same rate. About 58 PIPs loss per day! The win:loss ratio has dropped to 65:35. The rate of trading is the same (many more trades per day than you might see on a market maker broker account due to the lower spreads on an ECN platform). The problem seems to be the large loosing trades. Whereas there were only two out of 108 previously, since then there have been 9 out of 46 trades. Bizarrely two of them were on the same pair taken out in the same minute; that was a 150 PIP loss.

I have a growing suspicion that v47 is the problem. I have read other posts on forums from people who have experienced poor results during the last couple of weeks. The FPA test results do not show the same problem. However, they differ from my account in two respects; firstly they are using a market maker broker account which results in very fewer trades due to wider spreads than an ECN account, and secondly at the same time as installing v47, they changed from default settings to non-standard settings 'recommended by the FAP Turbo Team'. If they were recommended by the FAP Turbo Team, one wonders why the FAP Turbo Team did not make them the default settings!

The question is; is this just a coincidence and a 'normal' bad period, or is v47 to blame? What are your experiences? Have there been previous extended loss making periods? If it is v47; how do you re-install the previous version?

FAPTurbo V47

I have the same issue. The early version worked fine on scalper settings (forget the long term....I showed nothing but losses)...Every night I was seeing consistent profits on a small (£250.00) account. Within one month I was up 40%....Seems that after installing the latest version, for more losses. For example EURGBP has entered 3 consecutive trades in the wrong direction. With hindsight, I should have continued with the original version and demmo'd V47. My plan is to try and recover the original version and run V47 on a demmo for a while.

Interesting assumptions, especially Rodders, who went into depth, but failed to offer any comparitive analysis.

Try running vr 37 and 47 side by side. I did this when 47 first came out by simply installing it on one account at a time, and the results were close enough, there were differences between brokers even without 47 installed. For a true comarision try installing both on the same account, with the exact same parameters. Make sure you change the magic numbers so they can tell their trades apart, this is how EA's know which trades to manage.

Really though, whats missing is the chart analysis. In all these cases the trades were opened fairly early in the session and went no where, never making it into profit and simply moving sideways untill a trend finally took over and stoped them out. This is a dangerous situation for FAP-T, and always has been. I have seen trades like this lose big and I have seen them come back for their small gains. The only thing that seems to work is actively managing trades that breakout in the wrong direction or stay open too long. In most cases I would set the target to break even, and/or tighten the stop in anticipation of a stop out.

The real problem though is simply a lot of retail traders using the same EA, on less liquid pairs, during a less liquid time period. This whole strategy sticks out like a sore thumb and begs interference.

To answer your questions, January following xmas was a bad month for FAPT. Lots of new traders with exagerated hopes all tried to go live at the same time, with hugely overleveraged accounts, and there were some dramatic losses and let downs. Since then its been up and down. Its still a nice supplimental trader, the hours fit my trading schedule well, but it needs some oversight and guidance.

Vr 37 installs the same as vr 47. Unless its already expired, youll have to check the expiration date, I havent used it in a while, its included in the comments posted on the chart. The key codes are the same. But the stop loss on the eurgbp is much wider, 112 pips. Otherwise the internal algorithims are supposed to be the same.

The problems have more to do with the market, the other traders, and the brokers. No system works as well when everyone starts to use it. Overpopulation has been the bain of mankind since the begining.

Poor performance continues

Thanks Ken, for your thoughts.

I have not done a side-by-side comparison of v37 and v47, and unfortunately don't seem to be able to re-install v37 which has expired.

In terms of providing extra data, I've attached a .pdf of all the FAP trades. All were made on ECN accounts; FXCBS (with a 3 hr GMT offset), other than those on 1st to 4th June which used ATB Brokers (with a 4 hr GMT offset). The large losing trades share the common characteristic of being open a relatively long time, however, your assumption that these trades were opened early in the session does not seem to be true.

As you can see from the attachment, the poor performance of FAP Turbo v47 has continued. Interestingly, there were no trades at all on 3rd June.

Your thoughts about manipulation of the market are interesting, and would of course apply to the majority of market maker brokers. However, I have not been using market makers; both accounts used were retail STP/ECN brokers, and your hypothesis would not explain why it was that the performance was good prior to installing v47, but poor since.

So of your list of possible causes, I struggle to see how other traders or the brokers could be the cause, and my analysis does not show any fundamental changes in the market conditions for these 4 currency pairs coinciding with me installing v47. Which brings me back to the suspicion that there is a problem with v47.

I'd be really interested in thoughts from anyone else, especially anyone connected with FAP Turbo, and interested to hear if you have had a similar experience.

Attachments

• FAP Turbo Forex Analysis.pdf
    162.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
No Trades

Hi Yvonne

I'd be reluctant to start changing the settings from default when you don't know the implications. If you've had no trades in 5 weeks, I'd guess that something is either wrong with your installation, or the broker you are using has spreads that are too wide for FAP Turbo to operate.

On the top right corner of your charts, do you have the words Fapturbo47,followed by a smiley face? If not, check that the expert advisors button to the right of the new order button on the MT4 toolbar has a small green symbol showing; if it is red, click the button. If that is not the cause, go thought the installation video again to check you have it installed correctly.

If your installation is OK, then check the spreads you have with your broker during FAPT trading hours. If they are greater than 5, you need to change your broker. Personally, I'd never use a market maker broker. Try FXCBS, who offer a retail ECN service. FXOpen are also advertising a new ECN service; I've no personal experience of it. I believe that it will be demo accounts only for the next two months. The other option (again, demo accounts only at the moment) is ATC Brokers. I'm not aware of any other brokers offering an ECN service with an MT4 platform.

If you get it working, let us know your results.

Gook luck

Rodders

Fpa Long Term Test

Given my own poor experience with FAP Turbo since installing v47, I’ve been looking more closely at the FPA trial that seems to be providing consistent positive returns. There are some aspects that are very surprising.

First thing I noticed is that there were no trades at all between 15th May and 26th, when v47 was installed. I wonder why not?

Second thing that seemed strange was that there are no EURGBP trades at all; I know that EURCHF has been disabled at the recommendation of the FAP Turbo Team, (no explanation given), but it seems strange that there are no EURGBP trades. I can only guess that Alpari US have wide spreads on this pair.

Then I looked at the implications of the non-standard LRR settings that the FAP Turbo Team have recommended. Ignoring EURGBP, as it does not trade anyway, the increased LRR on EURCHF and USDCAD seem to result in typical lot sizes of around 1.69 and 1.0 respectively. This is HUGELY risky on an account as small as $7,000. Most experienced traders would recommend risking no more than 1-3% of your account per trade. What the LRR setting in FAP Turbo does is determine the max % of available margin that will be used in a trade. If there are already trades open, the available margin will be lower, and hence FAPT will open with a smaller trade.

At present, typical PIP values for EURCHF are about US$9.35 per lot. So the 1.69 lots traded would be worth $15.80 per PIP. With a 53 PIP stop loss, this means a stopped-out loss would be $837, or a massive 12% of the demo account on one trade. This is simply crazy!

The USDCAD is worth about $9.11 per lot at present. With a 58 PIP S/L, a trade gone wrong would cost the demo account $528 based on the typical 1.0 lot trade; this time 7.5% of the account total.

I find it amazing that the Forex Peace Army or FAP Turbo would recommend such high risk money management policies. It’s all very well playing with such policies on demo accounts, but there is no way I’d use such a policy even on a small trial live account, let alone my larger accounts.

On a $200K account, I’d typically trade the ERUCHF in 4.0 lots sizes for a 50PIP S/L trade. If I were really, really confident in the trade, I’d go as high as 12.0 lots. This is calculated like this:

Account total $200,000
Max % to risk 1%
Max $ to risk $2,000
Divided by S/L 53
equals 37.73
Divided by $/lot $9.35
equals 4.0 lots

So on a small trial account of $7,000 even using my maximum risk per trade of 3%, the max lot size would be:

Account total $7,000
Max % to risk 3%
Max $ to risk $210
Divided by S/L 53
equals 3.96
Divided by $/lot $9.35
equals 0.42 lots

Or 0.14 lots for more typical trades.

Anyone from FPA or FAP Turbo care to comment?

Last edited:
Rodders,

I still havent installed this on a live account, and I've had it since 11/25 when it first came out. Everytime I start to set up an account for it, it developes trading problems and losses, and I back off. Now it seems my current demo accounts are expiring and I cant check last weeks data, but I believe I had trades every day. However, I am probably running different settings than you. I run all four pair and set the spread to accomodate them, so they all trade. This is ok on a demo, but I'm not sure I would continue this policy on a live account.

I really doubt the problems are directly related to the vr 47. I saw the same accusations and concerns when vr 36 came out, and they've always claimed that the internal algorithim has never changed.

Almost every loss that I have checked is due to catching a trend in the wrong direction. Other than ocasionaly entering a trade in a position that I would not consider optimal, such as the wrong side of the range, the problem is more often about using a range trading strategy which only works well in a very narrow set of conditions. And it does work very well within its conditions.

I've tried eliminating the last hour of trading and although it did eliminate some bad trades, it didnt fix the problem, and it skiped otherwise good trades. I've also tried using the global moving average filter, and this did work as far as preventing some losses that were counter trend, but it didnt help if the trend reversed, even if its just a short term move, and this does cut out a lot of good trades. However, its a very interesting strategy if you want to run FAPT during a trending market, and are watching it for problems. When I first started testing this I ran it 24/5 for a couple months and the results were great, except for the consistant losses when the trend changed quickly. The end results were poor, but if this was done selectively and closely monitored it could work well.

Anyway, back to the problem at hand. I doubt if the current problems have anything to do with v47 specificaly. Unless its opening its trades incorrectly, or mismanaging its trades, which I havent seen any evidence of, the problem lies with the market movement and the basic night scalping strategy. If the market breaks out early, or if the system gets stuck holding a trade too long theres a great chance of it hiting the stops.

The reason FPA's account didnt trade from the 15th to the 26th was most likely due to the instalation and settings. The eurgbp doesnt trade on most brokers with the default spread setting, its hard to get any of these pairs to trade on a regular brokerage with the 5 pip spread limit. And as far as the risk settings, it depends on a lot of things, such as the size of the account, the win/loss ratio and long term expectancy of the pair, the final stop loss amount and the value of a pip. All the LLR does is set a percentage of the free margin to trade with, all the other calculations have to be done independantly, and they dont go over any of this in their manual. You mention the eurchf trading at .935/minipip, this is close enought to 1 that it wont cause a problem, but the eurgbp was trading at 1.65/minipip, and this threw my risk managment way off when I recalculated for the new 35 pip stop loss.

And one final note on risk. If the entire account is a dedicated risk account just for FAPT, and as such is just a risk percentage of your total trading account, then its easier to run a high risk allowance. It may seem like a lot for that individual account, but the entire account may be only 1 or 2% of the available equity. This is how I usually manage my accounts when I'm working with new, unknown, or potentialy high risk situations, which include every EA known, and most trading strategies. My theory is that if the strategy or system is good enough it will build its own account, MegaDroid has been doing this very well on a 20% risk setting. And if I like and can manage the system well enough on my own, I simply adopt it, or parts of it into my longer term trading plans. So far, these scalping strategies, and many of the short term trading strategies that they sell on the internet, have never proved to be long term profitable for me. I've found that the most basic trend following and swing trading strategies have so far proved to work best for me. Even on the shorter time frames they work well enough that I use them pretty much universaly. These scalping strategies I've been trying to incorporate in that they are simply range trading strategies, and are not restricted to only short time frames, we can scalp the 1H, 4H, and Daily bars too. Its just the perspective and the way the chart is running.

Back