• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Thank for your kind comments, but all the answers as to the regulations, spread, currency pairs can be had by downloading the demo to see the pairs and the amazing spreads as well as on the site FAQ.

Trader 5of7 At TheCollectiveFX.com

Hello, I wanted to know if using the MT4 requires having all these EAs you talk about? I mean, does anyone broker just give you an MT skeleton and it is up to the trader to add the EAs?

Also, I see many are adding it to their platforms, this must be a case of "can't beat them then join them", but is there any brokers you could recommend who has a well viewed "own" platform and also have the MT4, or MT5, or are about to offer 1 of them soon?

Thank you

EAs need MT4 to run on, since they are written in the Metaquotes language. Some other platforms do allow autotrading, but I haven't seen a lot of software being marketed for those.

MT4 is a fully functional trading platform (when the NFA isn't messing with it) and doesn't need an EA or any other add-ons to trade. All you need is an account (demo or live) with the broker. Of course, you can get all sorts of custom indicators and EAs for it if you want to.

Thank you Pharaoh. Wow, so you are telling me that all EAs created by all these different manufacturers are specifically made for the MT4 only? Incredible, it show the popularity of this platform.

Now tell me, if I open with Dukascopy and use this new "Swiss Edition" FAPTurbo, you think I be able to, going by your comments, maybe open another account to use it on FXCM MT4 platform? Or with a Swiss brokers like ACM who is giving the MT4 soon or MIG, maybe even Alpari UK?

By definition, an EA is designed to run on MT4. The authors of Metaquotes are the ones who came up with the term "Expert Advisor". There are other autotrading robots for some other platforms, but these are not as common.

As far as I can tell, the Swiss version of FapTurbo (for some reason now called Evolution) is specifically designed to only run on Dukascopy's platform (not MT4).

There's already a discussion thread set up for it:

https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/forex-software/5242-fapturboevolution-com.html

and some reviews here:

Fap Turbo Evolution | FapTurboEvolution.com reviews and ratings by Forex Peace Army

It looks like it's supposed to be using the same trading logic as FapTurbo, but they've ported it over to the language used by one of Dukascopy's platforms.

What is the EA ernst8fingers is using? I am very interested and would like to try something different.
Thanks
Ron

Crystal clear Pharaoh, thanks for the explanation on EAs and robots. I am now going to compare the established MT brokers with those that are adding it as we speak(not MT5 as I have understood that it has been specially designed to coincide with the NFA anti-hedging rule). I will look at Alpari UK, even though I am reading more bad than good regarding their trading conditions, FXCM UK, FXSol (low entry at $250) and new MT providers ACM who I read have good conditions with tight spread and little slipage etc and FXopen who I read on forexmagnates spend 2 years putting together their special MT. let's see how the things work out. Again thanks you Pharaoh.

Ernest, are you in the EA business now? That seems to be the real way to make easy money in the Forex market.

Seriously though, how long did it take to learn the mql4 language well enough to build a simple EA. I dont have any real experience with programing, but the structure of it all is pretty much common sense, and theres enough pre written code available that one could take apart and rewrite and learn from, and cobble together pieces into something workable, this seems to be a logical next step, and this really seems to be an important key to robot trading, not buying these commercial EA's. Although there were good lessons involved, and it was a phase I had to go through. At this point I've backed off on testing other peoples EA's, and am back to manual trading slightly longer time frames, with the occaisional day trade.

Amundsen,

If you reaslly want to learn about MT4 and these EA's, go to the source, mql4.com is the MT4 website with tutorials, forums, free EA's, everything to help sponsor the platform, as well the forexfactory.com site and tsd.com are good EA development sites, with lots of freeware.

However, the MT4 platform is still problematic, as far as I'm concerned. None of these MT4 brokers have any web based backup platform available, like a reagular broker does. If you lose access to your trading computer you cant simply use anouther computer to access your accounts. You have to download an MT4 platform onto that computer and attempt to access your account from it, not as simple as going on the web to manage open positions.

there u r

Ernest, are you in the EA business now? That seems to be the real way to make easy money in the Forex market.

Seriously though, how long did it take to learn the mql4 language well enough to build a simple EA. I dont have any real experience with programing, but the structure of it all is pretty much common sense, and theres enough pre written code available that one could take apart and rewrite and learn from, and cobble together pieces into something workable, this seems to be a logical next step, and this really seems to be an important key to robot trading, not buying these commercial EA's. Although there were good lessons involved, and it was a phase I had to go through. At this point I've backed off on testing other peoples EA's, and am back to manual trading slightly longer time frames, with the occaisional day trade.

Amundsen,

If you reaslly want to learn about MT4 and these EA's, go to the source, mql4.com is the MT4 website with tutorials, forums, free EA's, everything to help sponsor the platform, as well the forexfactory.com site and tsd.com are good EA development sites, with lots of freeware.

However, the MT4 platform is still problematic, as far as I'm concerned. None of these MT4 brokers have any web based backup platform available, like a reagular broker does. If you lose access to your trading computer you cant simply use anouther computer to access your accounts. You have to download an MT4 platform onto that computer and attempt to access your account from it, not as simple as going on the web to manage open positions.

Yes I will be soon. I have said THAT before. I thought u had abandoned this forum Ken. I learned MLQ4 and C++ at the same time beginning in Sept2008(the GreatMeltDown!) . I stopped trading and withdrew all my funds from 3 accounts. Then the world didnt end and I refunded only 1 account to continue trading(FxPro.com is my only active account at present). That was early in 2009. I learned both languages in that time frame using Internet sources (mostly MetaQuotes website) and copying code snippets from existing EA's. I assure everyone I am no genius,I just had a lot of free time w/o all those bad habits in my younger days. The problem with self programmed EA's is you are never FINISHED! I have NEVER laid eyes on any commercial EA ever.I dont know what these programs offer and I dont care. I simply programmed my manual trading method into an EA. The damm thing does OK too. Today it made over 250 pips on 3 pairs( MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Statements with the world ) I will sell it from my website only-no affiliates needed because I trade for a living and dont really need any sales to quench my Forex thirst. I will offer a free demo so anyone can play 1st before committing to purchase. I have had several offers to sell it already thru affiliates websites but that would double the cost of program. I want this to be a simple offer (maybe 20-30 bucks thru PayPal for program- a little more if someone wants the code) The one downside to this EA is it is Broker specific(FxPro.com so far -adding Alpari US and FXDD soon) . Ken u can do it! Its priceless watching your own creation actually making profits. Unlike my 3 other creations that only take my profits!lol. BTW I take regular trips to malibu beach whilst my EA trades . This is what I originally imagined Trading should be. 4-5 years later i have "just" arrived!:)

Back