• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Ken,

THe Magic Machine, v-force EA is good compare to MD?

no comparison, they're too different. I happen to like the Magic Machine. I find it easy to manage. From the begining I've been looking for simple EAs that I could work with, rather than a fully automated black box that I had to trust.

The Magic Machine that I am working with sets all its orders out in advance as pending StopBuy or StopSell orders, with Targets and Stops. It doesnt use Magic Numbers and doesnt try to manage the orders after setting them. If an order doesnt fill and it gets additional signals it will set additional orders on top of the first. Also, it doesnt have any slipage control, so NFP can be a wild ride. I had one order trigger and fill 80 pips above the entry price, and promply close at the TP, for a 60 pip loss, even though it was no where near that price. Also, it doesnt seem to follow the SL setting I put in. It varries the SL by some internal algorithm, always much wider than my preset, but uncanily accurate based on the swing highs and lows and greater trading range.

If you look at the testing on 4XProject it has a very smooth equity curve in the backtests. I've found that going forward this can be improved by deleting orders that I feel are improbable, usually pending orders that are older and have fallen outside the current range, or orders that dont seem to be aligned with the current trend. However, I will also leave these orders open for an extended time, days to weeks, if I like their positioning.

The goal here for me has not been to find a fully automated EA like MegaDroid, but to find a good assistant who can help me trade 24/5 with minor assistance from me. In this case that means reviewing and deleting some orders occasionaly, and helping by managing any open positions.

An update on my test of FAP Turbo. I have now been testing in a demo account for 3 weeks. The $50,000 account is now worth about $55,300. Thats about 3% per week. Again I'm running both scalper and long term with default settings, except that I have increased lot size to 1 lot. Come to think of it, if I had been running 10 lots the account would have about doubled in 3 weeks. Not bad.

James Phillips - Forex Critic Website

Hi All, i have recently purchased the FAB TURBO software from the following website;

FAP Turbo & MegaDroid Win! - Forex Robot Reviews

with James Phillips promising to provide tweaked settings for the software if purchased via his website. 6 days later I have still received nothing from James. Has anyone else had the same issue?

If anyone has received the settings for v49 of the software, do they work? what have been your results to date?

Thanks in advance.

FAP TURBO producing only losses?

Hi All,

I have been running FAP TURBO since wednesday last week on a demo account. The results have only been losses so far. I opened a virtual bank balance of 100k and now have a loss of approximately 6k to date. Any advice?

I have been trading the following:

EURUSD
EURCHF
EURGBP
USDCAD

I have attached my FAP TURBO configuration settings to this post. Please help.

Attachments

• EURCHF.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 23
  • USDCAD.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 5
  • EURGBP.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 8
  • EURUSD.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 5
I've been testing a demo and everything looks to be working really good so far - how are you guys going with FapTurbo ? What settings are you using ?

Best Regards,
Matt Jones
signature_sig1.jpg

An update on my test of FAP Turbo. I have now been testing in a demo account for 4 weeks. Again I'm running both scalper and long term with default settings, except that I have increased lot size to 1 lot. The account was growing nicely until about 2 hours ago and then it fell down hard. The $50,000 demo account was up to about $57,000 this morning, but the long-term position in EURUSD went from breakeven to minus $7,000 in about 1 hour. Ouch! The account is now at about $49,000. If that was real money I would be frantic.

The scalper may be doing a little better, but it took two big losses yesterday. That's hardly the 99.9% they brag about in their advertisements. More like 90% is what I'm seeing, but the losers are huge compared to the winner. So I will continue testing, but I´m beginning to think about asking for a refund. Has anybody gotten a refund from FAP?

UPDATE:
I am updating this post because I just discovered an error on my part. I had reset the EA settings a few days ago and unintentionally set lot size to 10 on the long-term system. That explains why the loss arose so quickly and so large in size. I meant to have the lot size at 1 as before and the loss on that trade would only be about $700 now and the account balance would be around $55,000. I'm going to leave the trade for now and hopefully it will recover the loss. If it gets close to zero I will close it and re-open it at 1 lot.

Last edited:
An update on my test of FAP Turbo. I have now been testing in a demo account for 5 weeks. Again I'm running both scalper and long term with default settings, except that I have increased lot size to 1 lot. The EUR trade recovered to 0 so I closed the extra 9 lots to reduce the size to 1 as intended. The account balance grew to about $57,000 on my initial $50,000 demo account, but today the position in EUR collapsed and the balance is down to about $55,000 where it started this week.

I see that the FPA test is showing a return of about 0.7% per week on FAP Turbo. My 5-week test is averaging about 2% per week if my math is correct. I may go live with it soon, but the drawdowns are pretty scarry. I'm not sure.

An update on my test of FAP Turbo. I have now been testing in a demo account for 5 weeks. Again I'm running both scalper and long term with default settings, except that I have increased lot size to 1 lot. The EUR trade recovered to 0 so I closed the extra 9 lots to reduce the size to 1 as intended. The account balance grew to about $57,000 on my initial $50,000 demo account, but today the position in EUR collapsed and the balance is down to about $55,000 where it started this week.

I see that the FPA test is showing a return of about 0.7% per week on FAP Turbo. My 5-week test is averaging about 2% per week if my math is correct. I may go live with it soon, but the drawdowns are pretty scarry. I'm not sure.

Be very careful about putting the long term EA on a live account, make sure you know what it is capable of. This EA is basicaly the same as the original FAPS with a few additions, such as the long term MA filter.

Like the FAPS and Steinitz HAS, and most other no stop loss EA's, it is quite capable of racking up huge drawdowns. It will and does very often open trades at the very end of a trend, which leaves you with an immediate losing position, and not much except hope and prayer to go on.

If your going to run both of these consider that the same position size is not aceptable for each of them. 1 lot on 50K is a 2% position size, FAP-T is a fairly accurate scalper and can be run on a much higher position size, whereas FAPS is a suicide machine, it will make a lot of money quickly and then wipe you out, it needs a much smaller position size. Try raising FAP-T up to 5 or 10%, and droping FAPS to 1% or less. Try to calculate it so they both carry a similar risk and reward, the long term FAPS shouldnt be making much more per individual trade than the FAP-T or your exposing yourself to too much risk.

Ken

Thanks very much for your feedback. As an update the demo account has taken a hit this week and is down from $57,000 to just under $54,000. I checked the return on the 2 systems and as of now all of the return is from the long-term system. The scalper took 2 losses in a row last night and is now at 0% return over 1 month of testing. I would prefer to trade the scalper because it is (generally) a lower draw-down, but now that the return is nothing I'm losing faith. It may recover in the coming weeks, but it doesn't look ANYWHERE near as good as advertised. They say something like 99.9% winners. I'm only seeing about 80% winners, and the relative large size of the losers wipes out the winners. The FPA test of FAP Turbo is down from 0.7% per week to 0.4% per week. It seems that almost none of these systems can produce significant returns after about 5 weeks. Trade Chimp looks tempting at over 20 weeks, but I think I read they have an expensive purchase system.

Last edited:
Ken

Thanks very much for your feedback. As an update the demo account has taken a hit this week and is down from $57,000 to just under $54,000. I checked the return on the 2 systems and as of now all of the return is from the long-term system. The scalper took 2 losses in a row last night and is now at 0% return over 1 month of testing. I would prefer to trade the scalper because it is (generally) a lower draw-down, but now that the return is nothing I'm losing faith. It may recover in the coming weeks, but it doesn't look ANYWHERE near as good as advertised. They say something like 99.9% winners. I'm only seeing about 80% winners, and the relative large size of the losers wipes out the winners. The FPA test of FAP Turbo is down from 0.7% per week to 0.4% per week. It seems that almost none of these systems can produce significant returns after about 5 weeks. Trade Chimp looks tempting at over 20 weeks, but I think I read they have an expensive purchase system.

If you check DonnaForex.com she runs a few of these EA's on live and demo accounts and I can easily recomend her opinions and honesty. She was originally a moderator on the FAP-T members forum and went on to start her own web site. She sends out a weekly e-mail that is definately worthwhile and posts her settings for FAP-T and full account stats for all her EA's. She also mentioned recent problems with Fap-T and may have temporarally removed it from live trading.

I have been running Fap-T on a demo account since it came out and have seen it go throught these cycles of winning and losing before. To this day I have never successfully put it on a live account and kept it there, it always seems to come up with some problems. The longer term EA, like the original FAPS can be quite profitable, but easily gets stuck in bad trades. I would recomend being very carefull and not trusting this EA to make the right choices all the time. If you can identify the longer term trend yourself, and assign the EA to only take trades with the trend, and also manually turn the EA off when the trend starts to change or reaches an extreme level in the range. You can always turn it back on if the trend corrects and continues, what you want to avoid is opening trades at the wrong end of the range and holding them through the correction, waiting for them to come back into profit.

Back