• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
An update on my test of FAP Turbo. I have now been testing in a demo account for 7 weeks. Again I'm running both scalper and long term with default settings, except that I have increased lot size to 1 lot. My initial account balance was $50,000 in the demo account. Two weeks ago it had risen to $57,000. 1 week ago it had fallen to $54,000. Now it is about $52,500. The long-term system is all of the gains while the scalper system is at zero return over the 7 weeks.

My summary of forex trading, and all trading, is that it is in the long-term a random walk. I've been testing dozens of systems which I have built over the last 3 months. It is possible to get good returns on some of the systems for a month or two depending upon how many trades the system makes. The more trades it makes, the sooner it will die. When a system gets to about 500 or 1,000 trades (over several months) it will almost always come back to zero. If you can design a slow system that makes fewer trades, and if you get lucky, maybe you can get rich in a few hundred trades. But if you keep trading long enough you will give it back. Of course, if you are not lucky you will lose it all quickly in the beginning.

My testing of FAP Turbo is basically finished. I have discovered what I wanted to know. I thought maybe someone else had discovered a system that really works. I thought that if anybody had then FAP Turbo would be the one because it is the most popular (I think) and has some impressive backtesting. However, it is dropping even in the FPA system tests. I'm not going to waste any more money on automated systems or forex trading. Good luck to those who remain. You will need it.

An update on my test of FAP Turbo. I have now been testing in a demo account for 7 weeks. Again I'm running both scalper and long term with default settings, except that I have increased lot size to 1 lot. My initial account balance was $50,000 in the demo account. Two weeks ago it had risen to $57,000. 1 week ago it had fallen to $54,000. Now it is about $52,500. The long-term system is all of the gains while the scalper system is at zero return over the 7 weeks.

My summary of forex trading, and all trading, is that it is in the long-term a random walk. I've been testing dozens of systems which I have built over the last 3 months. It is possible to get good returns on some of the systems for a month or two depending upon how many trades the system makes. The more trades it makes, the sooner it will die. When a system gets to about 500 or 1,000 trades (over several months) it will almost always come back to zero. If you can design a slow system that makes fewer trades, and if you get lucky, maybe you can get rich in a few hundred trades. But if you keep trading long enough you will give it back. Of course, if you are not lucky you will lose it all quickly in the beginning.

My testing of FAP Turbo is basically finished. I have discovered what I wanted to know. I thought maybe someone else had discovered a system that really works. I thought that if anybody had then FAP Turbo would be the one because it is the most popular (I think) and has some impressive backtesting. However, it is dropping even in the FPA system tests. I'm not going to waste any more money on automated systems or forex trading. Good luck to those who remain. You will need it.

If you come in expecting failure thats what you will find. If you come in expecting to get rich quickly, with no real knowledge or work you will most probably get knocked down as well. I believe this is true for most endeavors.

The Forex market has huge potential for both failure and success, but it is not necessarily easy, although it doesnt need to be difficult to succeed. The same for the stock market and most trading in general.

The fact that you have had failures and are ready to quit is good. If it was that easy it would be overrun with newbies making money and lose all its potential. However, with a couple of years of market study and self work it can make a very viable business. I'm not quite so sure about running these robots, or any 100% mechanical system, they're still very debatable, but the market just needs to be understood and paced.

As to FAP-T, I have to agree to a cetain extent. My demo account ran out and I havent reinstalled it yet, but since it came out its been up and down without any great cumulative gains, and I cant imagine it doing any better on a live account.

Ken

Thanks for the feedback. I can't disprove what you're saying, but I believe from a logical point of view if a person can consistently make money using a manual system it can be programmed into a mechanical system. Based on my testing I still believe that if some traders are succeding with manual systems it is due to luck. As I've said before if you have a million traders working the market some small percentage will be consistently successful just because of the law of large numbers. It's a standard bell curve of success.

Ken

Thanks for the feedback. I can't disprove what you're saying, but I believe from a logical point of view if a person can consistently make money using a manual system it can be programmed into a mechanical system. Based on my testing I still believe that if some traders are succeding with manual systems it is due to luck. As I've said before if you have a million traders working the market some small percentage will be consistently successful just because of the law of large numbers. It's a standard bell curve of success.

Not just luck, but timing, positioning, and choosing when not to trade. Mechanical systems can be great, primarily for timing entries and exits, and having a fixed set of rules to follow, but they are not the only way, and not necessarily the most profitable way.

There are many influences and patterns that would be very difficult to program into a mechanical system. Thats why our own brain and knowledge needs to be the first filter. Once we have found a pattern that we feel holds good potential and probability, then a mechanical system, or set of rules, can help us trade it unemotionaly. But first we need the wherewithall to see and recognize the recurring patterns, to understand how they relate, to analyze the potential problems, as well as the potential profits, and decide on a method of trading them, and somewhere in there we have to decide if its really worth the risk.

And we have to decide if we can really follow a strictly mechanical system. I've always been rather poor at it.

A lot of this is personal preferance. We all have to find what works for each of us, and what I say may not be your first choice. I try to play to my own aptitudes and abilities, rather than simply follow someone else's system. This is the only thing I've found that I can do in a relatively disiplined manner, otherwise I just change the rules when I dont feel they apply.

I must agree Ken.

Ken..I must concur with everything you are saying above.
IMHO The problem with mechanical systems is that they are nonadaptive, and the math on which they are based is nonadaptive. In contrast the Markets are organic and continually changing. For that reason alone the idea that a manual system can be converted into an automatic system is a flawed concept. Or that any algorithmically based system can be persistently successful.
IME all successful manual traders introduce subjective elements into their trading... however ridgid they declare the diciplin of their system to be..LoL
If not in the trades they take, but in trades they choose not to take... or reduce risk on.. or exit early from. And in the often small, supplementry rules they keep adding (often unconciously..) in on their daily routine.

On the more general subject of automation (a)the key areas Iv found EAs to be most useful has been (a) as research tools for Pattern Recognition (b) as tools/assistants in trade execution and management and (c) trade simulation. Never I must say as fully automated trade robots. Anyone share that experience?

Last edited:
New test or time to play ALL-IN?

Just look on nice new <a href="https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/metatrader_expert_advisor/fap_turbo_test2/demo">test!</a>

buy 10.00 lots usdcad with SL 150 pips equal play ALL-IN in poker every hand...
LOL - Dear friends - what if beginner will play Forex this way on real money???

As a follow-up I want to report that I received a refund of my FAP Turbo purchase. Some people have reported problems getting a refund, but I did not have a problem. However, I wouldn't rely on FAP to issue the refund. Contact ClickBank BEFORE the 60 day trial period is over and request a refund in writing using their online form. They issued the refund to my credit card within about 3 days.

As a follow-up I want to report that I received a refund of my FAP Turbo purchase. Some people have reported problems getting a refund, but I did not have a problem. However, I wouldn't rely on FAP to issue the refund. Contact ClickBank BEFORE the 60 day trial period is over and request a refund in writing using their online form. They issued the refund to my credit card within about 3 days.

Too late for my refund... The easiest way to get any refund from a Clickbank product is to forward the original e-mail receipt to refunds@clickbank.com and simply ask for it. This way you wont need to fill out any of their forms. I usually get a confirmation the next day and my refund within 2-3 days.

FAP Turbo is a marketing whirlwind that took the forex robot world by storm when it was released because the programmers actually knew how to trade currencies BEFORE they designed a robot. While it certainly does generate revenue for a lot of people, the majority of that revenue doesn't come from it's performance. At best I'd say it's a mediocre EA that just might earn back your investment before you get tired of either having to leave your computer on 24/7 wondering when the next trade will happen or invest about the same amount you bought the software for each month on a VPS (virtual private server) to run the system for you.

If you type any combination of words and phrases including FAP Turbo into Google you get tons of affiliate sites claiming to be independent reviews of the software. They love to put "Is It A Scam" in the title to persuade you to check out their review. Lots of them are even paying Google Ads to run their review as an ad right alongside the other 1,000 reviews indexed in Google. Now what on earth would be the motivation to want to pay money to get more people to read your review of someone else's product? If you are actually selling that product as an affiliated website that shares the revenue of every person who clicks through to the FAP Turbo website, then there's your reason. Add to that the numerous websites and their affiliates who also sell you information on how to tweak the performance of FAP Turbo through the different settings you can enter into the software, and the gravy train is tearing down the tracks!

With regards to it's actual performance, which is provided through this website here FAP Turbo Expert Advisor Demo Test by ForexPeaceArmy.com,
it's up about 100 pips a week after 6.5 weeks running, not bad I have to say. And its mediocre results like that that help sell this software. But the bottom line for me is that it lacks any REAL intelligence and it actually does better whenever you "insert" such intelligence through manipulating the settings as I mentioned earlier. So this thing is not going to make you wealthy on its own, it requires you to learn more about forex in order to optimize the default settings, and by the time it's said and done you've probably decided that you'd do better trading manually than waiting on this robot to make it happen for you. It's not a scam like so many of the other bots out there and that's because the creators actually knew how to trade forex, but common sense should tell you that this thing would be going for larger amounts of money and thus probably not offered to anyone outside major banks and investment funds if it created the results it claims it can create on the website. Don't waste your time. Use the $150 to buy a book or online mentoring coarse. Learn to trade for yourself, you'll thank yourself in the end.

Back