• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Hi Kat,

Dont count on any of those clubs being any better. I have a membership with the FAP-T Experts Guide, and their settings, with their prefered broker, didnt make any money either. If you look at how well MegaDroid trades and compare the two, its obvious that Megadroid is a lot more cautious about the trades it accepts, and much quicker to label a trade as failed and seek a breakeven exit.

Running all the FAP-T pairs on an ATC FX demo account, with the default settings and a 5% position size on the FAP-T pairs, its obvious the group takes multiple lossses almost every day, and rarely comes out ahead. If it wasnt for running Megadroid on a huge position size the account would be down.

Its obvious that this EA has trading capabilities, but it cant be trusted to run on autopilot reliably. Rather I think it could be run better as a manual trading aid, using the trend filter and only turning it on when the ma filter and the price trend lined up. Once it was attached to a chart you would be responsible for watching it and removing it once your trend line was broken, and watching and waiting for a new trend to form in line with the ma, and manualy managing any trades that went against you for the best and quickest exit.

This is a bit of work, but compared to manualy scalping, it would allow us to do other things without being glued to the charts every minute.

Hey Ken,

I agree with you.

Conceptually, however, I have to say that I have a problem with a vendor saying "Ta-dah!!! Check out FPA where you can see our EA is number ONE!!!"

But then not being willing to provide the settings..... That makes me wonder WHY it is doing so much better than the Out Of The Box version that would be sold to most users. Could it be that there is some manipulation going on? How else does someone explain the discrepancy between the 2 tests? And if that is the case, then I'm not really sure that it's appropriate for them to consistently be in the #1 slot.

It's almost as they they really don't want their buyers to become as "profitable" as they are. Perhaps I am just being unreasonable - only I am not sure how. :unhappy:

Quick edit - Kudos to FPA for all the work that is done on this site. I have now officially lost count of the number of other forums where traders refer to FPA and the forward testing. FPA has become recognized as an objective entity in a tough (read not always honest) market.

Last edited:
Kat, nothing unreasonable about it. Except that it seems the norm for most internet marketing.. I've owned this EA for a long time and it always seems to have great promise, but I havent found a safe way to run it yet.

brett

"Test conducted with the recommended broker and optimized settings"

what is the point of allowing this ?

if the test is run with non standard settings ,you should give the settings used.

all fine to claim to get 10% return per week ,but on standard settings you only get 1 %

So in actual fact the product cannot achieve the results shown without the developers optimizing it !!!

FAP-T Experts Guide has just come out with new settings for the FAP-T50 and I will be starting a new test of only the scalper settings next week on their prefered broker, GallantFX. I wont be using their settings for the long term eurusd as it proved to be a big loser last time.

The previous test account for FAP-T 50 is now officially in deficit, partly becasuse Megadroid hasnt traded enough to keep bailing them out.

Also trying to use this EA durring the day with the trend filter on hasnt worked very well. Its impossible to backtest this idea since it requires manual operation, and trying to run it attached to confirmed trends hasnt worked very well either. I find it really suspicious that FAP-T and others continue to post good results in combination with their sales hype when no one else seems able to replicate them.

Ken, I think Steve, Mike & Uli must have blown their 9.6 million in sales as their marketing is getting even more agressive and unbelieveable wih them selling their own product pretending to be 'someone else' by using other email addresses not related to FAPT.

The latest I have seen is someone (not one of teh FAPT guys but another poor performer selling signals) trying to flog the "FAPT Evolution" package which was supposed to be 2000 only people (another 1.2m) as the doors have been re-opened. Yet, if you go to the web page its still the old format. Only if you have bought the original you would see it was lies as that account imploded and yet the "guaranteed live results - ha ha ha" show no drawdown/losses.

A shame this type of selling has no regulation to stop innocent people from being fleeced.

CanAm,

I've just received some of the advertising you are talking about. But to be fair to FAP - if that is possible - they are GIVING AWAY evolution to the first 500 people who buy the "shocking new scalper" called Delphi. FAP has to be having issues if they are making enough money as affiliates selling other people's stuff that they are giving away their stuff for free........................

FREE BONUS SOFTWARE
FAP Turbo Evolution was originally only supposed to be sold to 2,000 users to avoid market saturation. We have decided that the FAP Turbo Evolution market can sustain another 500 users, so the first 500 users that buy the Delphi Scalper system through us will also receive a copy of FAP Turbo Evolution (Sold for $599), at no additional cost!

:confused:

(On a side note, am I the only person that has noticed that all four of the "market changing scalpers" being released every single week are referred to as "shocking?")

I think most internet marketing is shocking, unbelievable, and really quite amazing when you figure that they are probably making more than we are selling other peoples products, with no resonsibilities, no overhead, and no risk. Affiliate marketing is really the most amazing money maker, but somehow I find it quite repulsive.

I havent seen any of the new advertisements, they're probably in my junk e-mail folder with most of the Forex marketing. However, it is interesting and revealing that they are now willing to use the Evolution as an affiliate bonus. Obviously it isnt worth keeping and trying to sell for themselves. What is Jason charging for the Delphi Scalper, and what is their payout for affiliate sales? This could explain why they are doing this. Still, we could just return the Delphi and keep the Evolution for free, that would be fair.. Unfortunately I havent seen any reason to want the Evolution.

Anyone who aligns themselves with a known flawed product loses credibility in my eyes. Sounds like marketing in reverso world - lol.

Don't know the charge for Delphi - I think tha is revealed tomorrow? Not sure I'm interested after checking out his CC program and daily forecasts. Too many losses, ambiguous 'rules' and no support/answers on certain questions.

re FAP Turbo Demo Test

Was just looking at
FAP Turbo Metatrader Expert Adviser Test by Forex Peace Army
and wondering if the "recommended default settings" mentioned there at the top means out-of-the-box-default-settings or something else? Anybody know?

Seems to me like an a bit of an oxymoron "recommended default". It is either the default or is recommended. But I did notice that the "default" settings that FapT use on the demo accounts they display on their website are different to the out-of-the-box default settings FapT starts off with.

So, can anybody tell me for sure what it is here?

I am going to start comparing Alpari UK and IamFX default settings and make that available via Myfxbook (if anyone is interested).

Thanks.
Armin

Back