• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss FAPTurbo.com (and FAPTurbo2.com and FAPTurbo3.com)

General discussions of a financial company
Was just looking at
FAP Turbo Metatrader Expert Adviser Test by Forex Peace Army
and wondering if the "recommended default settings" mentioned there at the top means out-of-the-box-default-settings or something else? Anybody know?

Seems to me like an a bit of an oxymoron "recommended default". It is either the default or is recommended. But I did notice that the "default" settings that FapT use on the demo accounts they display on their website are different to the out-of-the-box default settings FapT starts off with.

So, can anybody tell me for sure what it is here?

I am going to start comparing Alpari UK and IamFX default settings and make that available via Myfxbook (if anyone is interested).

Thanks.
Armin

If you can run FAP-T and show a consistant profit over time on any account, using any settings, then I would be interested. Otherwise its just more of the same.

This EA trades often, seems to have some good logic, but not enough filters. I would prefer to see fewer trades and better accuracy.

I am currently running Rob Casey's settings from the FAP-T Experts Guide, on an ATC brokers demo account (commision based broker with very tight spreads), and it still takes too many losses to be profitable.

re FAP Turbo Demo Test

Hi Ken. I certainly have no evidence of consistent profits, no. I thought I had identified the good pairs on both default and Expert Guide settings (using an Alpari UK demo account) and combined those in an Alpari UK live account, but that headed South rather quickly. That was v49. With the new version, I'm ready to test some more.

And so:

I have just started a comparison test of FapTurbo (v50) demo accounts. I am comparing Alpari UK (£1000) to IamFX ($1000) - the latter being what FapTurbo recommends. I am using 3 separate settings configurations. So, 6 demo accounts.

The 3 settings configurations are:

1)
The default out-of-the-box settings FapTurbo v50 is shipped with. With the exception of TradeMicroLots= true.

2)
The Expert Guide settings. I've not had much success with these, but they have been updated for v50, so here we go again. With the exception of TradeMicroLots= true.

3)
When I emailed FapTurbo to ask about my experience of FapTurbo's weak performance - including a link to the current FapTurbo test by Forex Peace Army - I got a surprisingly quick response. They did not answer any of my questions, but simply said I should use the settings attached to that email. They differ from the default settings only with regard to:

Scalper_UseMM=false
Scalper_LotsRiskReductor=15

I have not incorporated their suggestion to set Scalper_UseAutoGMToffset=false. I don't see how that could make any difference. And of course I have set TradeMicroLots= true.

If anyone is interested, these tests can be followed here:

1)
FapT default AlpariUK System | Myfxbook

FapT default IamFX System | Myfxbook

2)
FapT ExpGuide AlpUK System | Myfxbook

FapT ExpGuide IamFX System | Myfxbook

3)
FapT special AlpariUK System | Myfxbook

FapT special IamFX System | Myfxbook

Armin

twentynine,

I'm of the same opinion. I had stoped testing, but started again with FAP-T 50. Try running this on a commision based broker with very tight spreads, this does improve the trading. I'm currently running on ATC brokers. Still no great profit.

If you set Scalper_UseMM=false, then Scalper_LotsRiskReductor=15 will be deactivated. I'm currently running the default RiskReductor=5. I dont like losing money, even on demo. Setting UseAutoGMToffset=false makes no sense, it works perfectly well.

The ExpertGuide settings seem good. He's done a lot of work to determine the best times and SL and TP for each pair, but it still loses to many trades.

Fapturbo Help

I am running fapturbo v 50 with no success.
I am using the optimized settings from Rob Casey. In Feb 2010 it was winniing trades like a champ but after downloading v50 it seems to be failing miserably.
Where might I obtain the optimized settings being used in the FPA faprurbo demo 2????

Mike

There are no settings that will be shared with us. I have posted on the FAP member forum asking for them, but they won't respond.

Ultimately, you have to recognize that Demo 2 is being "managed" by FAP and they won't share their settings that give them such good results. Whatever they are doing makes Version 50 look very good. But if they are not willing to share set files, then they must be doing something different to demo2 that is not happening with demo1. Hmmmm.... I wonder what that could be?

Personally, and only speaking for myself, I believe that Demo 2 is a scam. If Demo 2 is not a scam, then it is in FAPs best interests to make all their customers happy and share the settings. Since they won't share the settings, they either do not want their customers to be successful or the demo is being manipulated.

I haven't been looking at their sales page as I realised a long long time ago it was not' real, or if it was, they won't share the settings.

I wonder how they did this Thursday - all my accounts (6 of - including their recommended brokers) took an absolute hammering - so if you consider the average win if it managed not to take another loss it would only take about another 50 trades just to recover the losses.

So that won't work as Friday was another loss night, so in essence, it will never recover......

I don't know why I persist with trying to find a way for this robot to work when I have abandoned every other robot. I don't know how Steve, Mike & Uli can in good conscience still send out emails quoting "over 65,000 satisfied customers" - I haven' been able to find a single satisfied person.

There are no settings that will be shared with us. I have posted on the FAP member forum asking for them, but they won't respond.

Ultimately, you have to recognize that Demo 2 is being "managed" by FAP and they won't share their settings that give them such good results. Whatever they are doing makes Version 50 look very good. But if they are not willing to share set files, then they must be doing something different to demo2 that is not happening with demo1. Hmmmm.... I wonder what that could be?

Personally, and only speaking for myself, I believe that Demo 2 is a scam. If Demo 2 is not a scam, then it is in FAPs best interests to make all their customers happy and share the settings. Since they won't share the settings, they either do not want their customers to be successful or the demo is being manipulated.

It is very likely that this demo account is being actively managed to produce these results. Meaning, they choose which pairs to run, on a daily basis, and they stop the days trading on a specific pair as soon as the chart doesent continue to support it. Other than this they are probably running the default settings.

Considering the consistant quality of the hype and marketing surrounding these commercial EA's, and the consistant and almost spotless failure rate, I find it quite amazing that Megadroid does perform as well as it does.

In Megadroids case, I believe, it comes down to very strict trading filters, and a willingness to not trade for large periods of time, as well as a very quick loss prevention system that immediately targets a breakeven trade as soon as it detects the slightest flaw in its signals.

Hi All, some of you may have received this one in your inbox if you've ended up on dozens of junk mails like me.
Not sure if what is claimed is true but I wonder if a bit of this "dll fixing" is going on with FAPT as well????

QUOTEJeff here, from Simple4XSystem with a warning about an EA that is currently on the market and being promoted by the usual suspects.

It's called FX Ultrabot, and the only good thing about this EA is it's name.

I was first introduced to this EA at the end of January. There were two things about this bot that really caught my eye:

First, the webpage was completely lacking all the usual crap that is supposed to get everyone excited and drooling over the prospect of sending the sellers their credit card numbers. No pictures of mansions, yachts, sports cars, 6" tall gold dollar signs. You know what I'm talking about. The same stuff all the other guys include on their sales pages.

The writing was very matter of fact and very easy to follow. They built a bot. It worked better then they ever imagined it would. They made a lot of money with it, and now they were going to share it with whomever wanted to make money trading forex.

So the webapge was very appealing to me.

But what really got me going were the backtests.

They included 10 YEARS worth of backtests on several different pairs, and this bot absolutely kicked butt every year that it ran. And for every pair.

Bob (my EA guy) got ahold of a copy and ran the backtests through several different brokers. While the numbers and prices were just a tad different with each broker (accounting for slightly different prices each broker posted at certain times of the day) the overall results were the same.

This EA managed to double your account every 3-4 months, every year that it ran.

I can honestly say I have never, EVER gotten truly excited over an EA before, until I started investigating Ultrabot. Bob and I were burning up the wires between us, constantly tweaking and testing the bot under a variety of circumstances, and it held up through every one of our tests.

On a Friday afternoon, after a week of playing with this thing in backtests, I told Bob that I was ready to buy my own copy and start running it on my live account. I could not find a single thing wrong with this bot, and since it was a "swing trader" there would be no way for any broker to monkey around with spreads and such to limit our use (and our profits).

But Saturday morning I woke up coughing (as usual) and in a bad mood. And I had to admit that there was just something about Ultrabot that wasn't computing for me.

It was a perfect bot. Maybe too perfect. And that was what kept eating away at me..

I thought about it all day Saturday and well into Sunday. Then an idea popped into my head.

I sent Bob a question: Is it possible to build an EA so that it only trades on the days and times you tell it to, so that you can manually go back in the charts and find the good trades, and tell it to only take those trades?

He thought it was possible, so he did some magic on the program and got to take a look inside the guts of the EA.

And what do you know!

Inside a DLL file was a program that told the EA to buy/sell each particular pair on a certain date at a certain time (this going backwards in time). It then told the EA to close out the trade on a certain date at a certain time.

And it did this for 10 years worth of data and covered several different pairs.

Someone actually took the time to manually walk through ten years worth of charts and write in the open and close times for the trades, and then built it into their EA so that everyone's backtests would come out more or less the same.

They even coded in several losing trades each year, to give it the appearance of even more credibility.

So Bob stripped out all of the time stamped data, and then ran Ultrabot through the backtest process one more time.

And he blew up his demo account every single time, with every single pair. It usually took no more than a year or two to wipe out a $10,000 account, trading 1 minilot.

Ultrabot is still around, as are the folks who perpetrated this fraud on the public, so buyer beware whenever you get an ad for a bot that looks too good to be true. We can't test them all, and even the ones we do test sometimes turn out looking better than they really are.

But there is no substitute for learning how to trade on your own, and making your own buy/sell decisions, instead of letting a robot do it for you.

Needless to say, I cannot and will not recommend you buy FX Ultrabot unless you are an absolute glutton for punishment.

JeffG

END QUOTE

WOW, we talked about this before and thought it was possible, but I've never seen it in action. The scamers are getting more sophisticated, be careful.

DonnaForex also noted that their havent been many good EA's to test recently, and she's seen a lot of copies of freeware, and the copiers are getting a little bit more. They are actually trying to rewrite some of the code and change the appearance first to protect themselves from outright scam allegations and lots of sudden returns.

I personally have stoped buying and testing new EA's. Period, No more. I've tested enough to clearly see the game, I'm tired of wasting time on junk. I have no problem testing freeware, or EA's that are on the market with a little history, but all the typical Forex marketing goes straight to my junk e-mail box. Its gotten too ridiculus even for me.

Thanks for the heads up, thats a really good one. Make sure to post that around on as many forums as you can.

Ken

Now here's a wierd one.
Two accounts
They take mostly the same trades, except this one.....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 20
Back