• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Discuss Forex-MegaDroid.com

General discussions of a financial company
An update from the Forex MegaDroid developers:

If we own the robot we've already seen this. If you have a point to make, please make it.

Yes, this robot looks like it has definate potential. All my backtests have been very positive, and the forward testing looks good so far, except that it hasnt traded much over the past week. Hopefuly this is due to caution, and is part of the robots plan.

Looking over my recent backtests there have been many instances where the robot didnt trade for a period of time. I think we just need to hang tight and wait.

Last edited:
I decided to give Forex MegaDroid the benefit of doubt and launched it off my VPS on four demo accounts - with IBFX, Forex.com, Alpari UK, and FXDD. My IBFX statement is streaming live through the MT4Stats website at MT4 Stats - Share your MetaTrader 4 Stats with the world

As you can see, the robot took two trades today on it and both closed in profit. I got the same results for the day on the other three brokers - two profitable trades on each. Tomorrow I will have the statements of my accounts with them streaming through MT4Stats as well, so that you would be able to check them regularly at any convenient time for you.

This is really perturbing. My FXDD accounts, live and demo, both traded well the first week and havent traded since then. No changes other than adding an Alpari account to the mix, which hasnt traded at all.

All the accounts are running fine, the robot initializes and runs with no errors and FAP-T has traded every night, but no MegaDroid. The update to v1.10 was simple and I replaced both the EA and the .dll file, but still no trades.

This is starting to become more of an annoyance than interesting. I see no practical reason why this doesnt trade on some computers and does on others. Especially when similar robots, such as FAP-T trade fine. I will be writing to MegaDroid support on this problem as it been going on too long and seems to affect quite a few people, and I will let you know if there is any satisfactory resolution.

I will be writing to MegaDroid support on this problem as it been going on too long and seems to affect quite a few people, and I will let you know if there is any satisfactory resolution.
I wonder why you didn't do it earlier. Personally, I have no problems with MegaDroid, but if I did, I'd sure contact their customer support right away.

curious

I was wondering about Mega droids list of features- does it have ability to set specific trading hours/days? Does it "compound"-add to profitable trades and/or increase Lot sizes?(MM) Is there a limit to # of open trades? Just curious as to its more important/relevant forex features. :)

My robot is trading and it is making the trades around same time everyday.... 4 trades. 4 wins.

Not bad so far,
smile.gif
we go live on our main account next week.

Just discovered one interesting thing: Forex MegaDroid employs a "stealth mode", which makes it absolutely invisible for brokers. Therefore, brokers cannot even tell the trades were placed by a robot, not to mention determining which robot it was. As a result, you can safely use MegaDroid with ODL and other brokers that do not favor scalpers and openly state so on their sites.

Dont think they are dumb

Just discovered one interesting thing: Forex MegaDroid employs a "stealth mode", which makes it absolutely invisible for brokers. Therefore, brokers cannot even tell the trades were placed by a robot, not to mention determining which robot it was. As a result, you can safely use MegaDroid with ODL and other brokers that do not favor scalpers and openly state so on their sites.

I have heard about this "stealth" feature before. As soon as your account win% is > certain # you WILL be "flagged" for "special" attentions. EA or not. MegaDroid claims it gets around this partly by placing trades randomly thruout day(24). Broker may not know u have running EA(doesnt matter),they are watching your win% and account size. And , if there watching you(account flagged for "manual"),its only a matter of time before your shown the door. Has anyone ever heard of a trader "breaking the bank" to an extent they have to close? Of course not-they will close you down long before this happens. This applies to BucketShops mostly(as they offer those mini/micro account options where trades never leave their company).You will know when you have been switched to manual when you cant win a trade know matter how good a trader u are. EA or not.

I have heard about this "stealth" feature before. As soon as your account win% is > certain # you WILL be "flagged" for "special" attentions. EA or not. MegaDroid claims it gets around this partly by placing trades randomly thruout day(24). Broker may not know u have running EA(doesnt matter),they are watching your win% and account size. And , if there watching you(account flagged for "manual"),its only a matter of time before your shown the door. Has anyone ever heard of a trader "breaking the bank" to an extent they have to close? Of course not-they will close you down long before this happens. This applies to BucketShops mostly(as they offer those mini/micro account options where trades never leave their company).You will know when you have been switched to manual when you cant win a trade know matter how good a trader u are. EA or not.
Now imagine that certain brokers started doing this massively and all the noise that will follow on discussion boards from their outraged former customers. The harm to their reputation will be immense and irrecoverable. The subsequent massive flight of customers to their competitors will leave them with a loss many times greater than that from the MegaDroid users and potentially even force them out of business. To me, this would be a wholly positive event, as it really is time to do away with scam brokerages.

Back