FOREX PRO Weekly February 04-08, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Monthly chart shows significant changes in a long-term setup. On previous week our focus was 1.35 area since it is significant by many reasons. This area is 50% monthly resistance from previous long swing down and that is the top of previous downward swing. As a rule, when market pretends on reversal – first sign of it is greater upward swing compares to previous downswing, i.e. when market breaks “lower highs, lower lows” tendency. That is what we see now. What is also very significant is 1.3486 – is a high of 2012. Now we see that price stands above it. Trend holds bullish here, we see no barriers from overbought – market has enough room to proceed higher and, what is more important, no resistances till our next destination area – 1.3830 major 5/8 monthly resistance.
At the same time, I would like to share another thought with you. 1.3774 is yearly pivot resistance 1. It stands in agreement with major Fib resistance. What do we know about Pivot Resistance 1? When market stands in long-term bear trend, PR1 should hold upward retracement if bearish trend and bear domination is still intact, right? So – we’ll see. The point is, if market will fail around 1.3830 and move below 1.3486 again – that’s the road to yearly pivot first – recall, it hasn’t been tested yet. However this is a bit extended view. On current week, we probably will dive into problem – how to catch the train to 1.3830...

eur_m_04_02_13.gif

Weekly
Here we see almost the same content as on monthly chart, but with some valuable add-ons. Trend here is bullish as well; market also has room for upward continuation, since it’s not overbought currently. We have in-progress AB=CD, that has flatter CD leg. Usually it leads to stronger resistance at completion point and deeper retracement as respect of AB-CD pattern. But this is not the whole story. Now we have new monthly pivot levels, and MPR1 of February coincides with AB-CD target and with Yearly PR1. That level 1.3780-1.3830 could become really hard rock resistance. Still, we have approximately 200 pips more to go, we just need to go on shore from Titanic in time.
eur_w_04_02_13.gif

Daily
Daily trend is bullish as well, but market has hit overbought here right at 1.618 extension of AB-CD pattern, so here pullback is possible, that we treat as opportunity to join 1.3830 move. In general, EUR is a good-trending currency. It means that as soon as it has caught the trend – it rare shows deep retracement. Usually they are 3/8 from daily swings or even only intraday 3/8 levels. Currently trend on EUR looks nice, trends are bullish on all time frames, we do not have any bearish patterns or directional signals. Hence all that we could do now on EUR is to trade a trend by catching deeps to buy into. Harmonic swings shows that market could show retracement to 1.3560 area – not even quite 3/8 but slightly deeper than coming WPP=1.3588. Other words, it could be just WPP testing.
If we measure deeper swing down, that is BC leg of our AB=CD pattern and count it down from recent high – we will get retracement to 5/8 level – 1.3435. This looks reasonable from perspectives of overbought condition – usually pullback is greater. So, we have only two possible solutions – either to find intraday pattern that will tell us what level to choose, or, simpler way – apply scale entry.
eur_d_04_02_13.gif

4-hour
Well, here see nothing definite as well – no patterns, directionals, nothing. Here we have high wave candlestick that indicates indecision, although it is mostly the product of NFP release volatility. Could we speak about stop grabber? I’m not sure, because first it was move down and after that market has taken out previous highs – so it is simulteniously pattern and it’s completion. Anyway I wouldn’t count on it.
So, all that we have is Counfluence support around daily 3/8 level and harmonic swing down. Probably on Monday or Tuesday we will be able to get some pattern, some AB=CD that could indicate where to step in, but here are the same thoughts – around WPP and K-support area.
eur_4h_04_02_13.gif

1-hour
Well, here I see only this upward channel that accompanied by divergence on MACD. May be we will be able to get some small AB-CD down as it was during previous retracement. Anyway our trouble moment – if market will move below WPP and K-support on 4-hour chart. In this case will be better to hold on and avoid enter rashly.

eur_1h_04_02_13.gif

Conclusion:
Although we can count on some further upward continuation to 1.3780-1.3830 area, market is approaching to an area of hard testing of bullish ambitions. It will be significant resistance cluster that includes yearly Pivot resistance 1, MPR1, major 5/8 Fib support and weekly AB=CD target. Also on coming week WPR1 stands also near this level.
That’s why market could be very unstable between previous 1.35 significant level and coming strong resistance. Still, trends are bullish as well as price action, market is not at overbought (only on daily) and has uncompleted weekly AB=CD that it should gravitate to. That’s why it is possible to join upward move at some deep. But due the same reasons – this deep should not be too extended. I prefer to see retracement only to WPP and 4-hour K-resistance area. If market will fail there – better to wait and not enter long. May be we will find some other setups on other currencies in this case, as we did on previous week with Cable…

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 05, February 2013

Good morning,
market has given us what we've expected - downward retracement. However it has chosen not a sideway action but downward retracement by huge and perfect bearish engulfing. That helps us to estimate potential target. All points are crossed around daily K-support area 1.3434-1.3440. Slightly higher stands WPS1. Harmonic swing points on this area as well. That is also daily oversold. So here we should search for intraday buy patterns.

Also take a look how market behaves with MACDP line (second daily chart). I prefer to get stop grabber here.
Actually current action will become very significant, because if market will fail around it - it will move (and now already is) below 1.3486 - top of previous swing low on weekly chart. Recall what we've told about failure breakout. But I still hope that we will get move to 1.38 area first.

On 4-hour chart we have outstanding thrust down, that could become perfect for DRPO "Buy" right around 1.3434 or slightly lower. That is what I particularly will be watching here.

Attachments

• eur_d_05_02_13.gif
    eur_d_05_02_13.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 127
  • eur_d1_05_02_13.gif
    eur_d1_05_02_13.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 123
  • eur_4h_05_02_13.gif
    eur_4h_05_02_13.gif
    22.2 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 06, February 2013

Good morning,
so that has been done - we have bullish stop grabber on daily right at WPS1 + weekly 1.3486 high. From the harmonic standpoint this neither small retracement nor large as suggested by previous swing down. Why? Because, if you will take a look at daily chart - you'll find another swing down - initial swing, that is equal to current retracement.
One thing that is still worry me - longer harmonic swing points on MPP that has not been tested yet. That's the risk.

But, currently - we have pullback from support, trend is bullish, we have bullish pattern and market not at overbought. We could try to deal with it. At the same time we have to minimize our risk. Here is how we will do this

On 4-hour chart we could see B&B if there will be less bars above 3x3. Still, market right at 50% resistance (typical for EUR B&B's) and swing down is acceptable. Probably we can call it as LAL. But I'm not calling you to trade it, we will use it to understand where to enter with stop grabber.

Since we have potential B&B LAL - it could lead market to deeper retracement. Hence, on hourly chart we should keep an eye either on K-support or even at 5/8 support around 1.3511 area - probably this is my favorite level.
This lets us to take deep entry point with small risk that market will not trigger it, since we have B&B on our side.
Thus, until stop grabber's low holds - we can try to take long position around 1.3511 with target at weekly AB=CD. Stop should be placed below stop grabber's low.

Our risk is that market will still proceed with deeper harmonic move right to MPP and will show downward AB=CD on 4-hour time frame. So, take this risk or not - that is what you will have to decide.

Attachments

• eur_d_06_02_13.gif
    eur_d_06_02_13.gif
    25.5 KB · Views: 123
  • eur_4h_06_02_13.gif
    eur_4h_06_02_13.gif
    22.9 KB · Views: 127
  • eur_1h_06_02_13.gif
    eur_1h_06_02_13.gif
    21 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 07, February 2013

Good morning,
there are few that I can add to previous comments. On daily, as stop grabber still holds and market has not taken out its low - upward move is possible, market could re-establish uptrend right now to 1.3780-1.3830 area. If stop grabber will fail, then possibly retracement will continue to 1.3380-1.3430 area - harmonic swing+daily K-support +untested yet MPP. In fact, the moment that market has not tested MPP yet most of all worries me...

Anyway, our yesterday's trading plan has worked nice - B&B pattern has led market to 1.3511 support, where we have intended to enter Long. Now we see that this support still holds and market is showing attempts to jump out from it - trend has turned bullish. Let see. Invalidation point - low of daily stop grabber.

Attachments

• eur_d_07_02_13.gif
    eur_d_07_02_13.gif
    26.2 KB · Views: 99
  • eur_4h_07_02_13.gif
    eur_4h_07_02_13.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 87
  • eur_1h_07_02_13.gif
    eur_1h_07_02_13.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Good morning,
well, Mr. Draghi and EU summit on budget has adjusted our analysis a bit, but that was not a surprise, right? Yesterday I've shared with you, that great worring is MPP that has not been tested yet and that stands right at the low of harmonic swing down... That was an anticipated risk.

So, now we are at daily K-support + oversold = DiNapoli Stretch "Buy" Directional pattern. Also we at harmonic swing low + MPP + natural support of previous consolidation. My thought is to enter long here. If even this move down will lead to failure of EUR, price will probably respect this support with reasonable retracement up. So, if even we will be wrong - we will have possibility to tight our stops to breakeven here. If we will be right, then our road to 1.38.
So, from probability standpoint we have excellent bullish context. So, where to enter?

Look at 4-hour chart, we have nice AB=CD down that was not completed yet. I prefer to wait another small spike down to 1.3340-1.3345 area and try to enter long there. Hopefully ,market will give us some pattern on 15-min chart, as butterfly or something of this kind. I don't now how it will happen - but keep eyes open and look on this area.
Another way to enter - is to wait when market will start move up, shift trend on hourly chart to bullish and enter on first retracement. That will also be nice decision.

If you're bearish, then it's probably do nothing today and wait when market will correct oversold condition.

Attachments

• eur_d_08_02_13.gif
    eur_d_08_02_13.gif
    24.5 KB · Views: 95
  • eur_4h_08_02_13.gif
    eur_4h_08_02_13.gif
    21.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Dear Sive.

Many thanks for your analysis. The fundamentals now are moving the market. The reason of that move is as follow :
The ECB Balance sheet is decreasing that means the banks are returning money to ECB , Meanwhile the FED Balance sheet is increasing and the BOJ Balance sheet is increasing and that means they are printing more money to move the USD and JPY down.

It surprises me each time more an more.
The way Sive explains the market moves for the upcoming days.

It is ALMOST as if it reads his analysis and sticks to it, lol.

Good day Sive and thanks for your analysis , i have a little question , since market reached overbought on daily and hit a significant resistance and a fib , can't we consider this a stretch pattern and short the pair ?

Greetings Sive for always giving your best of analysis,I always look forward to your succinct outlook.Good work!
Cable insight was was GREAT! What is happening to Gold? should we still expect a move to 2.000 area?

Good day Sive and thanks for your analysis , i have a little question , since market reached overbought on daily and hit a significant resistance and a fib , can't we consider this a stretch pattern and short the pair ?

Hi DJG,
actually we are not at Fib, but at overbought and 1.618 extension. Actually this is not a Stretch, but DiNapoli has a pattern that calls "Kiby trade". This is a sort of stretch but at overbought+ Fib extension. This is a context for scalp short, but it cares all the same risks as Stretch.
As a target you will have to take nearest AB-CD downside on short-term chart - hourly, or even lower.
To enter short you need bear trend on houlry and take first upward retracement to enter. It's difficult to explain just by 1 post here.

Greetings Sive for always giving your best of analysis,I always look forward to your succinct outlook.Good work!
Cable insight was was GREAT! What is happening to Gold? should we still expect a move to 2.000 area?

As it was announced by FPA - today will be additional research for Gold market, sponosored by Pellucid FX.

Back