FOREX PRO Weekly January 07-11, 2013

Sive Morten

Special Consultant to the FPA
Monthly
Here we do not have significant changes. January is an inside month yet. Trend holds bullish and looks like market is still struggling with Confluence resistance area. Here is just single valuable add-on – yearly pivot point at 1.2908. It’s significant, since it has relation to yearly sentiment and because market will gravitate to it within a year. Very often pivots are traded in the beginning of the period. Thus, it is very typical for S&P 500 index. Anyway we have to keep an eye on two moments. First is – keep in mind that market should touch 1.2908 area, second – watch how market will behave around it, the same as we deal with WPP and MPP. Market now stands rather close to this level, and I will not be surprised, if we will see it’s testing within current month. Besides, I have some suspicions about current upward action here. If you will compare it’s angle – you’ll see that it is slower than previous upward action, price action doesn’t look as a thrust as well. So, I suspect that it might be just retracement, especially if will take a look again at quarterly chart of Dollar index – see inlay picture. Recall – this is our long-term forecast and based on it we had stop grabber (I do not have MACDP on DXY chart) right at completion point of AB=CD. Theoretically it should lead DXY above 89 highs that is relatively correspond with 1.15-1.16 level on EUR/USD. As we see on DXY chart, stop grabber was not cancelled, although the move us is quite slow, market has hit 84 level – that is 0.618 extension of AB-CD upward pattern. I do not argue, may be this is a bit far-fetched idea, but numbers stand as they are.

eur_m_07_01_13.gif

I also attach separately chart for DXY
Weekly
Understanding where we are in a big picture ever more pressingly. Action on weekly chart – what was that? At first glance, as we’ve said, market has destroyed all bullish setups that were prepared within significant period of time by it. That hardly could happen just occasionally. I mean unnatural return back inside of the range prior of reaching 0.618 target of AB-CD pattern, although it has happened right from significant resistance area – double of 1.27 extensions of different previous swings. This looks like Wash&Rinse of the previous top. Market now stands below MPP and price has shown move down after two flat indecision weeks, the latter of which was simultaneously an inside week.
eur_w_07_01_13.gif

If we will take a look at GBP chart – here it looks even more decisive. Here is on just clear W&R but trend has turned bearish as well on weekly chart:
gbp_w_07_01_13.gif

But take a look at another chart:
eur_w1_07_01_13.gif

Why it can’t become just re-testing of trend line that by the way, stands in the same are as Yearly Pivot on coming week? Here we have MPS1 as well around 1.2946 level.
Although in medium-term perspective it looks blurring, fortunately both of these scenarios suggest downward action in short term period. Now we need to find good and safe entry opportunity that could give us the chance to protect our position with breakeven stop with nice probability.
Daily
Our yesterday’s stake on pause in downward action has worked, but that is just a details. In general we have DiNapoli bullish directional pattern setup that calls as “Stretch”. This is a combination of oversold and strong support area – in our case this is daily Confluence support. Stretch is a tricky pattern by many reasons. First is because it based on retracement action rather than thrusting one, since it leads market to bounce to correct unpleasant oversold condition. That in turn, leads to difficulties with Stretch’s target estimation. Third is – stretch is counter trend pattern. That’s why to deal with it – is really tough task, it demands experience and wide open eyes to exit leave it in time. Due to all these properties, Stretch could lead to situation when it will reach the target, but you will not get profit, or even will finish with loss. How it could be? Since Stretch is based on oversold, it treated that it has completed when oversold condition will fade out. But oversold and overbought are dynamic parameters, thus, oversold could be eliminated, but price will stand flat or even continue move down but with less pace. In this case you will be in loss… So, make our own choice – to deal with it or not. Here I will use it only as a pattern that points on possible bounce up.
Thus, we see that bounce is in progress, but how deep it could be? If we suggest that this is just a bounce, and we have reasons to think it in this way – then I prefer to see pullback only to 1.3120-1.3150 area. Take a look how close monthly and weekly pivots will be on coming week. They coincide with each other. Thus, it’s logical to see testing of WPP and re-testing of MPP. That will be the natural support/resistance line as well. Simultaneously this is weekly sentiment breakeven point – moving above it will it market out of the range again. Other words, we can be absolutely calm from bearish point of view, till 1.3150 area. If market will exceed it, I will not easily enter on short side.
eur_d_07_01_13.gif

4-hour
It’s very informative chart. Market has formed perfect bullish engulfing pattern right at rectangle’s breakout classical destination point – these old tricks still work… Now, we see that 1.3130 area is not just pivot agreement but 4-hour Confluence resistance as well, so market doesn’t leave us any choice. This level will be extremely important and perfect for searching of bearish entry possibility. Upward breakout of this level itself will indicate that bears feel bad. Also I use harmonic swings as well here – take a look, it shows at the same level.
Currently it’s very difficult to predict – will it be B&B “Sell”, I hope it will, although we already have 2 closes above 3x3. For perfect pattern, price should reach resistance within 1 candle. If we will get jump up at open, for instance, but if it will be AB=CD instead, I will not upset too much. One thing that we need to get here is gradual move to resistance, retracement-kind action.
eur_4h_07_01_13.gif

1-hour
Since we already have context for B&B “Sell” on 4-hour chart, it could happen so, that it will work but this will not cancel potential move to 1.3130 area. Here is the chart how it could happen. Take a look, that now market stands at 50% resistance of most recent swing down and has two closes above 3x3 DMA – that is context for B&B. the minimum target of this pattern is 0.618 support of whole back move – this is 1.3030 area. Hence, if market will complete B&B pattern and later will form AB=CD – it will lead us precisely to our 1.3130 strong resistance area… Do not treat this as guide to action, this is just an assumption and attempt to combine different scenarios.
eur_1h_07_01_13.gif

Conclusion:
In a big picture I suppose that we stand at the eve of great clarification. Something is happening here on EUR/USD, but it is still covered by market volatility and unclear signs. Still, we have Dollar index, JPY action, Gold AB=CD completion on weekly chart, GBP W&R. Looks like something is changing, and at first glance, it turns in favor of USD.
Still our focus is daily trading, and here is relatively simple setup. Market should hold below 1.3110-1.3140 resistance with retracement-kind action. This will lead us to short entry. If market will move above this area – do not enter short, wait for further clarification.

The technical portion of Sive's analysis owes a great deal to Joe DiNapoli's methods, and uses a number of Joe's proprietary indicators. Please note that Sive's analysis is his own view of the market and is not endorsed by Joe DiNapoli or any related companies.

Attachments

• eur_m1_07_01_13.gif
    eur_m1_07_01_13.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 123
  • dxy_q_07_01_13.gif
    dxy_q_07_01_13.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 104
EUR/USD Daily Update, Tue 08, January 2013

Good morning,
our trading plan is working by far. Now price stands right at significant resistance area around 1.3130, that we've discussed - WPP+MPP, 4-hour K-resistance and Agreement with 1.27 AB-CD pattern and harmonic swing resistance as well.

On daily time frame take a look at DOSC indicator. This is absolutely neccesary tool for target estimation of Stretch pattern. You can see that it stands right around zero. It means that there is no oversold condition any more and hence Stretch pattern has worked out. Trend still holds bearish here.

On 4-hour chart we've got DRPO "Buy" LAL pattern. It's target stands slightly higher - at 50% resistance of the swing and I can't exclude that it could be reached. Probably if this will happen - it will be done by some reversal pattern on lower time frames. But at the same time it is impossible to point that it has to happen.

On hourly chart we see two important moment - 1.272 AB-CD pattern that also creates at Agreement with K-resistance and a bit ugly looking DRPO "Sell" pattern.

May be market will proceed slightly higher, I do not know. But we do know the major thing - somewhere here around 1.3130-1.3150 area market should form reversal pattern and continue move down, if bears are still in charge. So, if you're bearish - look for it, this area is very good to enter short.
If you're bullish, then it's better to get more bullish action. For example - fast upward acceleration above this area. This will significantly hurt bearish context, since this move will be absolutely contradictive and unnatural for bearish development.

Attachments

• eur_d_08_01_13.gif
    eur_d_08_01_13.gif
    34 KB · Views: 147
  • eur_4h_08_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_08_01_13.gif
    35.9 KB · Views: 134
  • eur_1h_08_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_08_01_13.gif
    31 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Wed 09, January 2013

Good morning,
on daily chart trend holds bearish, market has shown logical bounce from solid resistance around double Pivots. If market will continue move down, then nearest target stands at 1.2955 area - 0.618 extension of lightning bolt AB-CD and MPS1.
Recall, though, that if it will be re-test of long-term downward parallel channel border - it stands at 1.29 on current week. That's probably the minimum destination down for nearest two weeks.

4-hour chart is most significant for us, since it shows the risk of current bearish context. Recall also, what we've said about upward initial AB=CD - it has reached 1.27 by single acceleration. Very common price action after that is deep retracement 0.5-0.618 and appreciation to 1.618. This potential target coincides with recent AB=CD and 1.27 extenion of last retracement down. This is also 5/8 4-hour resistance as well. That's the risk.
That's why we prefer open positions at strong resistances - since natural respect of it usually gives us room to place stop order at breakeven. It's time to do this again. If market will return back inside of DRPO's coil - that will be the challenge on potential futher move up to 1.3165-1.3180 area. Trend holds bullish here, btw.

Hourly chart tells that this probably might be just AB-CD retracement after plunge down. Even more - if this will be just this AB-CD, then your stop hardly will be triggered.

So, be focused today on this retracement, because it very significant for our nearest trading.

Attachments

• eur_d_09_01_13.gif
    eur_d_09_01_13.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 160
  • eur_4h_09_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_09_01_13.gif
    22.7 KB · Views: 162
  • eur_1h_09_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_09_01_13.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Thu 10, January 2013

Good morning,
although price action is not very fast, but by taking in-depth view, it's rather intriguing...

Currently we stand at second test of daily K-area, and yesterday we've specified minimum potential target for downward move around 1.2955. Interesting, that extensions of most recent upward retracement give us very thrilling agreements. Thus, 1.27 extension stands at the same 1.2955 level, while 1.618 extension - at 5/8 major Fib support on daily chart around 1.2908. Also recall, that precisely this level is the border of bearish channel on weekly chart. Since these extensions are typical for harmonic patterns, just imagine what the context will be, if we'll get here 1.618 butterfly by which market will re-test broken weekly channel. This will be rather solid bullish combination.

Why I think that market will form anything here but not just proceed to 1.2955... Well, mostly based on the kind of price action on intraday chart. Current move down has no thrusting quality, it looks more like retracement - too flat and choppy.

On 4-hour chart theoretically we could even get large AB=CD pattern that could create an Agreement with the same 1.3180 area. That's our risk, but in fact 1.3140 high what is particularly significant, since this is invalidation point of potential butterfly pattern.
Now market stands at 0.768 support on 4-hour chart, it's very typical for butterflies.

Hourly chart shows how it could happen. Since yesterday was just small AB-CD retracement (recall, we've talked about it), we've got "222" Sell pattern. If we apply AB=CD pattern then it's target stands right around 0.768 support. Now market has the chance to form Butterfly on hourly chart as well. 1.27 extension of it stands almost pips to pips in the same 1.3025.
If this will really work - we should get bounce up and right wing of larger butterfly will start to form. Of cause it could turn to large upward AB=CD, but I hope it will not :)

Anyway, this scenario has huge trading potential, and I will keep an eye on it. Let's see, how it will turn.

Attachments

• eur_d_10_01_13.gif
    eur_d_10_01_13.gif
    23.7 KB · Views: 185
  • eur_4h_10_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_10_01_13.gif
    22.4 KB · Views: 190
  • eur_1h_10_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_10_01_13.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 11, January 2013

Good morning,
not many commentaries could be made right now - the risk that we've specified yesterday has panned out. What is mostly significant - market has destroyed all bearish setups that we had previously and now price has significant upward momentum.
When I've just taken a look at current action, I recalled 1.3350 level that has not been touched either weekly AB=CD (that is 0.618 extension target) or daily AB=CD. So, probably we can suggest that this will be next destination.

Currently market is not at overbought (OB level precisely at 1.3350 btw) and price si flirting with MACD breakeven point. No significant resistances above, except intraday target and WPR1. So, if market will show pullback it hardly will become deep.

4-hour trend is strongly bullish, here you can see the same AB=CD pattern, but market has reached right 1.618 extension at single move up. CD leg is much steeper than AB. If any pullback will happen - it probably should reach 1.3187 level. That is also disrecpected 5/8 resistance at 1.3183...

Hourly chart shows that it could happen by DRPO "Sell" pattern. Here we have even hourly K-support area and 50% support as potential target of DRPO pattern.

Thus, I do not want to enter short, since market has broken all bearish context, but I'm not very fascinating with long entry right now. Probably it's better to wait a deep to buy, may be market will reach 1.3180-1.3190 area.
It seems that potential target is 1.3350. But currently forecasting is thankless job, so probably I will be surprised if market will turn on 180 again.

Attachments

• eur_d_11_01_13.gif
    eur_d_11_01_13.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 93
  • eur_4h_11_01_13.gif
    eur_4h_11_01_13.gif
    25.7 KB · Views: 90
  • eur_1h_11_01_13.gif
    eur_1h_11_01_13.gif
    22 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
eur usd prediction price action

reserved for update 1
hello sive,

i think your h1 fib. Swing low maybe incorrect , price intent to touch 38.2 % fib then only will retrace and go up again ...
Sorry maybe im wrong prediction ... Just opinion what i see on chart....or maybe im wrong too cos im using heiken ashi candle but the TDI shows uptrending ...eurusd forexpeacearmy h1.gif

Last edited:
Gold

God Bless you Mr. Sive

I have a request from you. I would highly appreciate it f you give us your view on some other pairs especially the Gold in this year.
You mentioned that the gold completed a weekly AB/CD pattern. Does this means that the gold is up for a ride? will this contradict with the USD going higher?

Back