FOREX PRO Weekly January 07-11, 2013

If I'm not mistaken, invalidation point of the hourly DRPO has been breached, though slightly. So, I looked for a potential developping butterfly sell, and, interesingly enough, the 127.8 extension of XA swing points precisely at the same level than 4H DRPO.

Edit: And butterfly has been invalidated too, meh.

Last edited:
Hi Sive,

Happy New Year to you and all FPA memebers. Pls i need more information about some of the terms and patterns you always mentioned in your daily analysis like; DPRO, BB sell, AB-CD, LAL pattern, Wash&Rinse, 3*3 DMA etc.
Thanks for your selfless services here, God bless.

DRPO (double repo) and LAL (look alike) are patterns suggested by Joe Di Napoli in his book. All the others you will understand if you take the Complete Forex Course that Sive offers, which you will find in the Education part here on FPA :)

Hi Sive;
I'm trying to understand with which context did we enter short pertaining the target. If it's the BB, the target would be 1.3051 which is the 61.8 fibo. And if our context is the drpo on the 1h the target would've been the 50% of the whole thrust up. From your video I understand that the target is about 1.2955 area.
What am I missing?

Hi Sive;
I'm trying to understand with which context did we enter short pertaining the target. If it's the BB, the target would be 1.3051 which is the 61.8 fibo. And if our context is the drpo on the 1h the target would've been the 50% of the whole thrust up. From your video I understand that the target is about 1.2955 area.
What am I missing?

Hi Mjunkyard,
Venelin correctly shows downward AB=CD on daily. Every time our framework is to get context on higher time frame and find the way how to step in on lower time frame. So, on daily we had bounce by directional Stretch pattern. When directional pattern has faded - trend starts to dominate again, and it's bearish. Hence we have to get some pattern to trade and to estimate target. The only one that we have is AB-CD. Since we do not have any bullish directional patterns and trend is bearish we should search entry on short side of the market - that what we've done.

Hey Sive.

Thanks for allways a great analysis. Looks like we are gonne see 1.318 before 1.298.

Kind regards Mau

Hourly butterfky burnt its wings...
Now it may seem far fetched, but could a 4H butterfly sell appear? (see attached chart)

20130110Chart_EUR_USD_4 Hours_snapshot.jpg

Back