FOREX PRO WEEKLY June 02-06, 2014

usdjpy

I see it short but high could or not be in place...

Good trading!

20140603_usdjpy_Daily_0954.jpg

gbpusd

I think it should go higher as 3 drive = ending diagonal c=2 but more likely at least above 1,6806 (50%) if not above 1,6843 before lower..I do not expect surprise with drop ....

Good trading!

20140603_gbpusd_H4_1151.jpg

gbpusd.JPG

Commander in pips pls am also interested in GBP analysis. above is my observation on 4H chart Larger Butterfly sell,smaller butterfly sell, AB=CD & potential Double top currently in progress.

Hi Sive

I notice that when discussing butterfly patterns(XABCD) you frequently refer to the D point as a target. Reading about these in the Military School and elsewhere I thought that the D point was the entry point for the trade?
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/forex-military-school-complete-forex-education-pro-banker/30142-chapter-17-part-iii-gartley-s-patterns-page-11-a.html

Does it work both ways or would you be looking for another significant level to coincide with the D point to confirm?

Thanks

Michael

View attachment 14930

Commander in pips pls am also interested in GBP analysis. above is my observation on 4H chart Larger Butterfly sell,smaller butterfly sell, AB=CD & potential Double top currently in progress.

I don't think butterfly buy is reliable on the top. interested with smaller butterfly though.

Hm, butterfly "Buy"... Also could be, why not... Anyway - as on Butterfly "Sell" as on "Buy" this is a quest of previous lows at 100.75...

I'm with ya. seeing this at 127 butterfly target, still on the wedge for final push up before go lower?
usdjpydaily.png

Hi Sive

I notice that when discussing butterfly patterns(XABCD) you frequently refer to the D point as a target. Reading about these in the Military School and elsewhere I thought that the D point was the entry point for the trade?
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/forex-military-school-complete-forex-education-pro-banker/30142-chapter-17-part-iii-gartley-s-patterns-page-11-a.html

Does it work both ways or would you be looking for another significant level to coincide with the D point to confirm?

Thanks

Michael

Hi Michael,
you're right - "D" point is an area where theoretically reversal should take place. So, for "harmonic" traders this is a moment of taking position.
But before this will happen - market needs to go there, right to this point. When I say "target", I just mean that butterfly framework assumes reaching this point (1.27 or 1.618), but not that this is take profit moment and we should take position with this destination at least we have some other reasons to do so.
Probably I'm a bit limited with my English and do not now how else express this thought. :)

Back